• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Really didn’t think the score would be so one sided. Losing JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) a big factor but Alex Davies came on and transformed the UQ scrum.
Great effort Uni forwards just a Herculean effort we’ll supported by speedy skilful backs

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
There you have it. Probably the best thing I’ve ever seen him do on a rugby field post school.
Other than the try he scored against Brothers last year in the dying minutes of the semi final that got UQ into the GF. That’s from a UQ perspective obviously…..

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Really didn’t think the score would be so one sided. Losing JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) a big factor but Alex Davies came on and transformed the UQ scrum.
Actually thought Creighton looked good at 10, hopefully the Reds handle his development there. Has been a bit of a jack of all trades, which can be an issue with not playing enough of one position regularly. Would like to see how he goes with game time at 10.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
The Zander at THP is very interesting. He’s clearly struggling there at club level, never played there in Super Rugby. Uni have a great scrummager at THP on the bench. You’d have to think it’s some favour for the Reds to be keeping Zander there. I’ll be turning the tv off next year if he ever starts at 3 for the Reds.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
So, now the dust has settled on the games, I think Easts have the most teams in GFs across colts, grades and womens?

Brothers nearly had a shot at the Sunday ‘big 3’ - Colts 1, 1sts and 2nds but only 2nds have made it through.

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
Must have watched a different game. Saw him in a lot of breakdowns doing some powerful clear out work. He does hang wide too. He basically became brothers only attack option
All good watched the same game, more impressed with the effort of the gps 8 last week than what Wilson has displayed.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

UQ might win this… But they can’t be serious.
They go and get Zander from Norths to leave their GF prop from 2022 on the bench… UQ’s mantra of developing their own is somewhat of a joke.
If I am Alexander Davies, I would be very disappointed.
they play different sides of the scrum

rugbyrules

Stan Wickham (3)
The Zander at THP is very interesting. He’s clearly struggling there at club level, never played there in Super Rugby. Uni have a great scrummager at THP on the bench. You’d have to think it’s some favour for the Reds to be keeping Zander there. I’ll be turning the tv off next year if he ever starts at 3 for the Reds.
I agree on Zander. UQ scrum was soundly beaten by Wests and was again getting beaten until Christian went off yesterday. You would expect Zander would strengthen the scrum as a quality Reds player. In a Reds jersey he scrums well. He was stronger in club rugby when playing for Norths. Alex Davies made a huge impact when he came on - don't understand why UQ are so happy to drop off him whenever they get a ring in, he seems like a quality prop. No doubt this weekend Wests will be focusing on the UQ scrum in a big way. Will be a great contest to watch.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
This weekend will make seven straight Grand Final appearances for UQ and nine appearances since 2010, that’s crazy consistent.

Since 2016 they’ve played GPS three times , Brothers twice , Easts and now Wests once.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from UQ v Brothers yesterday

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I agree on Zander. UQ scrum was soundly beaten by Wests and was again getting beaten until Christian went off yesterday. You would expect Zander would strengthen the scrum as a quality Reds player. In a Reds jersey he scrums well. He was stronger in club rugby when playing for Norths. Alex Davies made a huge impact when he came on - don't understand why UQ are so happy to drop off him whenever they get a ring in, he seems like a quality prop. No doubt this weekend Wests will be focusing on the UQ scrum in a big way. Will be a great contest to watch.

He's scrummaged better for the Reds because he's played loosehead.

Zander might not be a world beater for the Reds but at least he's a serviceable front rower when playing his preferred position.

The whole narrative around his mid-season move to UQ, playing the opposite side of the scrum and keeping Davies on the bench is confusing. But regardless, UQ will probably still win the Premiership.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

considering Zander plays both sides of the scrum, this statement can't be correct.
Since Zander arrived at UQ he has only played THP. Davies is a LHP.

Zander played his schoolboy, Norths and Reds roles predominately as a LHP. For some reason he has been transitioning to THP and using the UQ time under Luke Oxford to develop / improve his ability.
It has the hallmarks of a Reds request all over it from the outside looking in. Or maybe it is just Dane trying to improve his options?
Reds are looking for a back up to TT.
Faeo has moved on, Hoopert is a LHP, Nongorr hasn't been startling in his limited opportunities, George Francis wont get fit enough.