• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
What about the referee in a Prem game a few years back who was heard over a "hot" mic at halftime making derogatory comments about a particular club and stating that he would be penalising their scrum out of the game in the second half.
Fully quote it or delete it I say

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Zander back to LHP this week with Sef at THP. Jooste stays at 12 with Oates outside him. Two props playing lock.
That’s up on Rugby Xplorer, so who are the “big ins “ for Wests ? Or will they name yet another team that doesn’t translate to match day?

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Accusing referees of bias is a very low intelligence opinion. There are so many factors at play (including your own bias). These guys doing it for enjoyment and the passion of rugby so to jump straight to questioning their integrity shows a pretty low IQ.
It wasn't straight to it mate. It was in reply to another poster's question which was passed over. My valid experience and point has been made several times and I won't continue with it. If you can't get it then take your single digit iq and reply to someone else.

If you want to have a proper discussion about it then feel free to message me.

Last edited:

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
This qpr final has the makings of an all time great. No love lost. Plenty of great club players as well as fringe wallabies/super players.

I for one am hoping that guys like Brick and Anderson have cracking games to continue to show their value.

I can't split them. My heart wants UQ by 4.

rugbyrules

Stan Wickham (3)
The starting 15's are up for both sides - two very strong club sides. The benches will be very interesting. A critical area will be the scrum - can Zander and Fagaase come back from the hammering they took in the last final. It might decide the game. Both sides are otherwise pretty evenly matched. If Wests can keep UQ from getting fast ruck ball then that might be enough, otherwise UQ could run rampant. I am tipping Wests in a nail biter - should be a cracking game !

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Teams:

WESTS 1ST GRADE MEN

1 Sione Latu Talakai
2 Jordan Uelese
3 Jacobus Eloff
4 Angelo Smith
5 Seru Uru
6 Keynan Tauakipulu
7 Connor Anderson
8 Richard Skelton
9 Moses Sorovi
10 Mason Gordon
11 Filipo Daugunu
12 Vilikesa Raboiliku
13 Isaac Henry
14 Benjamin Navosailagi
15 Cooper Whiteside

UQ 1ST GRADE MEN

1 Dane Zander
2 Cameron Flavell
3 Sef Fa'agase
4 Fergus Lillicrap
5 Isaac Aedo Kailea
6 Pat Morrey
7 Sam Wallis
8 Conor Mitchell
9 Kalani Thomas
10 Bradley Twidale
11 Maconal Grealy
12 Nicholas Jooste
13 Kye Oates
14 Joe Pincus
15 Jock Campbell

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm a very casual observer of QPR - what's the reasoning behind why this has become so commonplace? Purely strategic and trying to pull the wool a bit?

Dunno, I think the coaches probably think it's gamesmanship? I would have thought Siakisini starts for Uni considering the impact he had on the last game (up against Raboiliku). Ripley would have to be a strong go as well. I am not as sold on Jooste as some.

The wests changes must be solely tactical. They put a pretty different spin on the team named (if they happen) so it cuts down on UQ's time to adjust game plans.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Siakisini didn’t have a great game in the Major Semi . Multiple handling errors and miss directed passes . The backline looked a lot more slick once he was replaced and reshuffled to it’s current arrangement. Think he will be better suited once the game opens up a little.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yep, I don't rate him highly but he had an impact last time. I fear (for UQ) what Raboiliku could do to Jooste who was also found out last week. But perhaps that's where Ripley comes in

Serge Blanco

Allen Oxlade (6)
Teams:

WESTS 1ST GRADE MEN

1 Sione Latu Talakai
2 Jordan Uelese
3 Jacobus Eloff
4 Angelo Smith
5 Seru Uru
6 Keynan Tauakipulu
7 Connor Anderson
8 Richard Skelton
9 Moses Sorovi
10 Mason Gordon
11 Filipo Daugunu
12 Vilikesa Raboiliku
13 Isaac Henry
14 Benjamin Navosailagi
15 Cooper Whiteside

UQ 1ST GRADE MEN

1 Dane Zander
2 Cameron Flavell
3 Sef Fa'agase
4 Fergus Lillicrap
5 Isaac Aedo Kailea
6 Pat Morrey
7 Sam Wallis
8 Conor Mitchell
9 Kalani Thomas
10 Bradley Twidale
11 Maconal Grealy
12 Nicholas Jooste
13 Kye Oates
14 Joe Pincus
15 Jock Campbell
Hard to split them as per the Major Semi result. I think maybe the experience of the Uni 10 might win out in a GF situation.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I suspect there will be some late changes to both sides...

Are there some big name West's benchies who might get a run Reg? I notice they haven't named anyone on the bench yet on rugbyxplorer

Any chance Petaia gets a trot? He didn't play bulk minutes in the test match.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Are there some big name West's benchies who might get a run Reg? I notice they haven't named anyone on the bench yet on rugbyxplorer

Any chance Petaia gets a trot? He didn't play bulk minutes in the test match.

haven't seen the bench personally and perhaps they are waiting to see who comes back from Melbourne.

But I wouldn't be surprised if a more experienced 10 runs out.