• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Tell you what, between the Reds second half of the season being woeful, the Wallabies losing to the Poms and the loss on Thursday, the enjoyment for Rugby has certainly been stretched this year.

As a Wests fan, being at the game, it was absolutely incredible.

RA needs to bugger off with those cutesy hats and get more of those huge flags and musical instruments because whatever crowd turned up today exceeded the noise of the 45k that turned up to watch the Poms n

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Tell you what, between the Reds second half of the season being woeful, the Wallabies losing to the Poms and the loss on Thursday, the enjoyment for Rugby has certainly been stretched this year.

As a Wests fan, being at the game, it was absolutely incredible.

Rugby Australia needs to bugger off with those cutesy hats and get more of those huge flags and musical instruments because whatever crowd turned up today exceeded the noise of the 45k that turned up to watch the Poms n
Get rid of the scarf too

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I was out at Wests pretty much all day yesterday and watched the 1st grade final from home.

Honestly one of the more enjoyable rugby related weekends I’ve had. The game today was great and well managed.

And congrats to Wests for what they put on yesterday. I went with a large extended family to support a number of teams, we were always able to get quick drinks, food and the parking wasn’t a big deal. It made for a great day out.

Sad QPR is done for another year.

rugbyrules

Stan Wickham (3)
Well done Wests - clearly the better team. Good grand final I thought in terms of quality. UQ may need a new scrum coach - how does your scrum get dominated when you have 2 super rugby props up against 2 club players?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well done Wests - clearly the better team. Good grand final I thought in terms of quality. UQ may need a new scrum coach - how does your scrum get dominated when you have 2 super rugby props up against 2 club players?

Well one of the wests players is also a Super Rugby player and then a super rugby hooker (and Wallaby) came on.

But Usher is very much underrated.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
The second half from Wests was good, but UQ their own worst enemy. Similar to the Major Semi , they kept gifting Wests with opportunities. The intercept try came from poor passing and timing meaning the defence was up in the line when Jooste threw the long ball.
Wests scored straight after Campbell dropped a pass in goal cold and then again when McDermott fluffed a box kick when they were attacking and had quick front foot ball.

Haven’t seen the stats , but from watching it live I reckon Tate and Jock made more errors in the second half than anyone else out there. Not really what you want from that calibre of player.

Well done to Wests, they took their chances and finished much the better side. Every time it looked like UQ might kick away , Wests got themselves back into it and then kicked away themselves. Cracking season from the Bulldogs!