• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

TheGhostWhoWalks

Allen Oxlade (6)
let’s see how toxic that club is midway into the season when 90% of their teams are sitting in the top 4

winning has a way to cure things (or hide underlying issues)
Means nothing come the business end of the season if the top two teams at your club fail……

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)

Be interesting to know if Cullin Cooper Jones is still at West, Elwee pulled him across from GPS specifically for 1st Grade last season - also sounds like West are close to signing David Feliuai for the QPR season.

Wests instagram have shown a couple of preseason videos.

Cullin is training down the kennel. Weird because you’d think he would be down the rebels preseason camp? Maybe his contract wasn’t renewed.

I suspect CCJ will be the starting option for premier grade for majority of season and when Sorovi/Werchon super rugby/aus u20 campaign wraps up they’ll be back in the fold.

some selection headaches for the dogs at business end of season, I could see them carrying 3 halfbacks and using Werchon as a utility back option on the bench covering fullback/flyhalf as well.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I think I saw Nick Chapman wearing UQ colours out at the Festival of Rugby.

anyone know if he’s running around for norths again and was simply just getting his sevens dopamine with UQ?

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
From EAM Sports - Wests Bulldogs' Ben Navosailagi signing a dual contract with the Reds and Aussie 7s.

1676253123641.png

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
A couple of Brothers forwards popping their heads up at GPS recently, have heard tonight's rainy gym session could be make or break for a couple more as well.

Coaches at Brothers have made a couple of interesting phone calls over the break in terms of bringing some new players in/old players back that haven't sat very well with the playing group.

Some players also becoming more vocal about their disappointment in the Werchon move and the role that Brothers coaches had in the whole situation.

TheGhostWhoWalks

Allen Oxlade (6)
A couple of Brothers forwards popping their heads up at GPS recently, have heard tonight's rainy gym session could be make or break for a couple more as well.

Coaches at Brothers have made a couple of interesting phone calls over the break in terms of bringing some new players in/old players back that haven't sat very well with the playing group.

Some players also becoming more vocal about their disappointment in the Werchon move and the role that Brothers coaches had in the whole situation.
Word is that the return of Criff Tupou at the filth has pissed a lot of the current playing group off. He hasn’t been sighted there for a couple of years and is prone to the odd card ……lol

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)

Not sure why you keep harping on about the Werchon thing, he played a half dozen games of 1st Grade and had Zero impact in fact the games I watched he almost lost them the Game against West and Bond - he also played the last 30min against East which they lost by 1 point when they were leading 22-0 at half tme. The only thing Werchon did well was beat depleted Souths 2nd grade team with a stacked Brothers side. Sam Coordingly and Dallan Murphy gave this kid a free pass to QPR Challenge Cup and into the Reds squad because there are certainly not enough evidence to suggest it was done on form.

The one thing that put me off this kid is that he left because the coaches did not want to guarantee him a starting spot, and so they shouldn't if you want it go compete for it - West Guaranteed Werchon 5 QPR starts minimum, that is weak and entitled in my mind and a big part of why rugby in AU is failing and probably part of the reason there are not many Reds playing in the Wallaby games.

If you want it go earn it dont blame the coaches - I respect them more for laying down boundaries, if people dont like it move on and get found out somewhere else.

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
The one thing that put me off this kid is that he left because the coaches did not want to guarantee him a starting spot, and so they shouldn't if you want it go compete for it - West Guaranteed Werchon 5 QPR starts minimum, that is weak and entitled in my mind and a big part of why rugby in AU is failing and probably part of the reason there are not many Reds playing in the Wallaby games.
From what I've heard, sounds like something the Wests coach would do

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)

I think this Fiji excursion has dragged a few boy's over to GPS.

Don't know how they're going to fit them all into a 23. Might be a few mid season changes unless they have some injuries.