• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

SubjectiveStan

Frank Row (1)
Heard from a few players down at Chipsy Wood that things got a bit out of hand on club night and a player ended up getting punched by one of the first grade coaches.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Not sure what this kind of response that is champion..

But I’m sure there’s plenty of reasoning as to why Garrick punched a player.. unacceptable behaviour from a first grade coach.
It's a joke about a fight Link started and Garrick finished based off the fact you've got Link as profile photo. Definitely not condoning coaches punching players, but also not too keen on engaging with it too deeply while it's rumour and hearsay.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Another phantom participant fight lol - least we have a finger being pointed at coach & player.

what ever happened to the fight out at brothers during preseason? Anyone get reprimanded?

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
Probably nothing we will ever hear about.

If a fight happens at a club night, Mad Monday etc. it should just stay behind closed doors. Neither the players involved nor the coach need to be judged by anyone outside of the club, regardless of 'who started it'.
I'm sure it happens all the time at clubs. we just never hear about it.

Players/ coaches aren't always going to get a long.

Although a coach having a crack is unheard of but boys will be boys lol

2 + 2

Allen Oxlade (6)
What the heck is wrong with Sunnybank? Is it an attitude thing at the club? Do they have cultural issues? You'd think for a heavily cashed up club they'd be doing a hell of a lot better across Colts & Grade. Even their junior numbers are falling away.

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
What the heck is wrong with Sunnybank? Is it an attitude thing at the club? Do they have cultural issues? You'd think for a heavily cashed up club they'd be doing a hell of a lot better across Colts & Grade. Even their junior numbers are falling away.
yeah its pretty unfortunate. Players aren't staying or want to go elsewhere.

Off the top of my head players that started at Sunnybank that have left for better opportunities Moses Jones at GPS, Fualalo at Uni, Sam Mataafa at Souths. That doesn't include players that came once when Sunnybank were thought to be powerhouses but actually were on the downhill at that stage include the bond uni boys like Mitch Sargeant, Joey Fiddock who have returned to Bond now that they are doing better.

Back in the day a bunch of the TSS boys would play at sunnybank when Bond wasn't going so well. Seems like its flipped.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
The Vaihu brothers are also Sunnybank juniors… that’s 4 players who potentially would all be playing premier grade at Sunnybank.

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
Former Bankers (including Juniors) Playing Else Where:

1-Tominiko (East)
2-Mahina (Kintetsu Liners-Japan)
3-Fa'agase (Reds)
4-Roiri (East-Reds)
5-Wihongi (GPS)
6-Halaifonua (Reds Academy)
7-Smitt (East)
8-Mataafa (Souths)
9-Scarff (Reds U19s)
10-I.Lucas (Ricoh-Japan)
11-Jojo Fifita (Titans)
12-Feliuai (Rebels)
13-G.Vaihu (Rebels)
14-D.Vaihu (Rebels)
15-Whiteside (West)

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Former Bankers (including Juniors) Playing Else Where:

1-Tominiko (East)
2-Mahina (Kintetsu Liners-Japan)
3-Fa'agase (Reds)
4-Roiri (East-Reds)
5-Wihongi (GPS)
6-Halaifonua (Reds Academy)
7-Smitt (East)
8-Mataafa (Souths)
9-Scarff (Reds U19s)
10-I.Lucas (Ricoh-Japan)
11-Jojo Fifita (Titans)
12-Feliuai (Rebels)
13-G.Vaihu (Rebels)
14-D.Vaihu (Rebels)
15-Whiteside (West)
Solid team right there, full of good people but seem easy going enough to swap clubs for a dollar or two.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
it’s not simply swapping for a dollar or two.. Sunnybank now have a perception issue where they aren’t seen as good as other clubs when it comes to success and player development, thats a difficult perception to change. You cant blame a player looking elsewhere if other clubs present better programs that will be better for the players development.

Last edited:

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
I dont think its a money thing as some of these lads were only juniors....SB doesnt seem to have the same culture as it once did back in the day, I remember watching James Sua playing for SB when they won the competition. I do not think I have seen a more dominant player like that since, he was a special human being on his own level.