• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
I agree he should never have left. Brothers have 4 prem grade NO.9's in their ranks. It will be interesting to see were he ends up in grade. I would have Tarabay and Cartwright definitely ahead of him and Christian is back in 6 weeks.
think his point is about QPR depth and why Kalani Thomas should never left… when he headed over to UQ he was always going to be in the pecking order behind Tate (I believe Scott Gale - also a former reds 9 might of still been involved @ the heavies)

Tate McDermott/Scott Gale combo at UQ probably was the reason why Moses Sorovi left for Wests.

lot of great halfbacks kicking around and only 9 teams in QPR

yes but he stated it will be interesting where he ends up in grade.... what does the brothers depth have to do with him earning a spot at souths rugby?

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
Not sure what you're referring to. Kalani Thomas was a Souths Junior and Colt 1 Premiership winner. He left Souths and went to UQ. I don't understand your reference to Brothers.
Colt 1 Premiership winner - the last Souths team to win Colts 1 had Billy Rutherford and Hugo Smith as their 9s, what club and year are you referring to?

Word on the street is that Conner Vest and Kalani Thomas are being paid to play.

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
think his point is about QPR depth and why Kalani Thomas should never left… when he headed over to UQ he was always going to be in the pecking order behind Tate (I believe Scott Gale - also a former reds 9 might of still been involved @ the heavies)

Tate McDermott/Scott Gale combo at UQ probably was the reason why Moses Sorovi left for Wests.

lot of great halfbacks kicking around and only 9 teams in QPR
Scotty Gale, one of the nicest blokes you could ever meet and the best 9 the QPR has ever seen IMO.

Last edited:

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Colt 1 Premiership winner - the last Souths team to win Colts 1 had Billy Rutherford and Hugo Smith as their 9s, what club and year are you referring to?

Word on the street is that Conner Vest and Kalani Thomas are being paid to play.
My apologies. I thought Kalani played in 2019.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Didn't he keep a young Will Genia out of GPS 1st Grade?

Yes, in a sense.

I believe an 18/19yr old GPS Colt Will Genia made his Reds debut off the bench for a couple of games in 2007/08. He returned to the club at the end of the season and was asked to sit on the bench behind Tom Sully who was having a great season and the Premier Grade team were quite settled.

Willy wasn't too happy and it was the last time he played for GPS until his brief cameo a few years ago. Granted after that season he was pretty much always full time in the Reds and Wallabies squads.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I really hope we get to see Will play QPR when he decides to hang it up… not a whole lot of professional players do it once their pro careers are done. Ben Mowen most recently and wests new recruit Henry Speight looks to be having a go.

The Engine Room

Ward Prentice (10)

Yes - heard the same "word on the street". Need to sell a lot of burgers and hot chips at home games to cover that.

Ras

Peter Burge (5)

Hugo Smith also coincidently playing brothers grades now haha