• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Schools - Trial Games and Selections 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
There are threads for 2012 GPS, AIS etc and for Oz Schools as there are every year, but there is none for Queensland Schools.

This thread should discuss likely selections in Qld teams, the trial games, and then the actual Qld. selections.

Other stuff like play in the Oz Schools tournament, the selection of the Oz Schools teams and the games they play, should be discussed in the Oz Schools thread.

It's pretty obvious but sometimes posts are mis-directed.

PS - NSW Schools also has a thread. If anybody reading this wants to start a thread for states that have a separate team at the Oz Schools tournament, or start up a Combined States thread, they should feel free to do so.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Probably the hardest QLD to pick for quite some time. Not too many returning players and the re-arrangement of the GPS season has left everything a little unknown. Regardless, I think the following names will probably feature if uninjured.

QLD 1/ QLD 2
1. Aaron Pleash - Ipswich Grammar School/ Benroy Sala - Brisbane Boys College
2. Andrew Manu - St Edmunds College/ Francois Postale - Nudgee College
3. Dylan Sikimenti - Nudgee College/ Robert Lawless - Brisbane Boys College
4. Daniel Preen - Ipswich Grammar School/ Lachlan Roe - St Edmunds College
5. Adam Korzyck - Brisbane State High School/ Jack Cornelson - Brisbane Grammar School
6. Henry Fitzgerald - Nudgee College/ Michael Gunn - Churchie
7. Stuart Bougoure - Toowoomba Grammar School/ Conor Mulheran - Ipswich Grammar School
8. Brad Wilkin - Iona College/ Lakhem Aiono - Brisbane Grammar School
9. Dylan Mathews - Brisbane State High School/ James Tuttle - Nudgee College
10. Duncan Paai'aua - Emmaus College/ James Dalgleash - Gregory Terrace
11. Monty Ioane - Churchie/ Adam Gauder - Toowoomba Grammar School
12. Jack Tuttle (C) - Nudgee College/ Landon Hayes - Ipswich Grammar School
13. Brannagh Corcoran - Iona College/ Nigel Vanuseva- Churchie
14. Vince Cooney - The Southport School/ Jaidon Schafer - Churchie
15. Sam Greene - Brisbane Grammar School/ Jonah Placid - Toowoomba Grammar School

That being said, both Paai'aua and Placid have NRL contracts so it's likely they will miss selection unfortunately.

zacf01

Stan Wickham (3)
Edited

Duncan Paai'aua tore is ACL in League games last november and had a reconstruction just prior to xmas so doubt he will be back playing in time

Tubba

Stan Wickham (3)
Edited

10. Tom Branch - Brisbane Grammar/ James Dalgleash - Gregory Terrace

I agree with your list light, but I think Tom Branch has a great shot at making #10 recently turned down his Churchie and Nudgee Scholarships I think the Big BGS boy Branchy has a great shot.

F

footybrah

I have heard that Tom Branch is still recovery from a shoulder reconstruction late last year. He is still unable to do any contact and has only recently started training again. He has lost a great deal of weight and speed, so his chances at making the QLD side have been reduced a great deal. I don't think he will make it this year

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
i don't think you could rule out isaac french from GT's chances from playing in QLD 2, solid player against IGS last year, and when i saw him playing against BBC was dominating in the line outs, he looks about 6' 7". saw him at a party the other weekend and looks a lot bulkier. he must be a rower

I

iluvfooty

i can see st edmunds rory humphries somewhere in the centres he has been in outstanding form for eddies. he also just got selected for qld schoolboys league side to. he is an inside but i doubt they would choose him over tuttle, perhaps a move to 13. also light i think you forgot slc front rower alex hatzis, qld 1 bench last year but pulled out due to injury, should feature somewhere in the team this year

rundog

Bob McCowan (2)
how and when are they going to name this squad when the aic season will seemingly be all but over before the gps season kicks off?

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
For anyone venturing out to see the GPS Trials, they've been switched to Northgate.
Games at 10.00, 10.50 & 11.40.

C

Casey95

QLD 1/ QLD 2
3. Dylan Sikimenti - Nudgee College/ Alex Hatzis - St Laurences College
5. Adam Korzyck - Brisbane State High School/ TGS Second Rower with south african sort of name (?)
6. Michael Gunn - Churchie/Henry Fitzgerald - Nudgee College
7. Brad Wilkin - Iona College /Stuart Bougoure - Toowoomba Grammar School
8. Lochie Oppenhiemer - Churchie/ Junior Fakaosiliea - Brisbane Boys College
9. Vincent Quigley - Churchie/ James Tuttle - Nudgee College
10. Duncan Paai'aua - Emmaus College/ Dacry Eason - Churchie
11. Monty Ioane - Churchie/ Alex West - Churchie
12. Jack Tuttle (C) - Nudgee College/ Rory Humphries - St Edmunds College
13.Nigel Tanuvasa- Churchie/ Brannagh Corcoran - Iona College
14. Vince Cooney - The Southport School/Nili Fielia - The Southport School
15. Sam Greene - Brisbane Grammar School/ Wilson Bennett - St Edmunds College

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Casey95,

Totally agre with that team, I think Paai'aua is injured right now so doubt he will get the QLD I gig ahead of Dalgleash from Terrace who played QLD U16 last year and is in good form. Eason is a long shot for the QLD II jersey as he will struggle just to play 10 for Churchie against the likes of James Watson let alone beat the likes of Dalgleash, Tibbetts (BSHS) and Third (TSS)

Knockers

Ward Prentice (10)
Jack Cornelson (BGS) played QLD II last year as a second-rower, so he will no doubt be in one of the two teams. Also, Alex West may not even be in the starting team for Churchie so I highly doubt his chances of making QLD schoolboys.

Knockers

Ward Prentice (10)
Changes in bold
QLD 1/ QLD 2
5. Adam Korzyck - Brisbane State High School/ TGS Second Rower with south african sort of name (?)
7. Brad Wilkin - Iona College /Stuart Bougoure - Toowoomba Grammar School
8. Lochie Oppenhiemer - Churchie/ Junior Fakaosiliea - Brisbane Boys College
10. Duncan Paai'aua - Emmaus College/ Dacry Eason - Churchie
11. Monty Ioane - Churchie/ Alex West - Churchie
14. Vince Cooney - The Southport School/Nili Fielia - The Southport School

QLD 1/ QLD 2
4. Daniel Preen - Ipswich Grammar School/ Adam Korzyck - Brisbane State High School
5. Jack Cornelsen- Brisbane Grammar School/ Phil Potgeiter- Toowoomba Grammar School
7. Brad Wilkin - Iona College /Digger MacMillan- Churchie
8. Junior Fakaosiliea - Brisbane Boys College / Lochie Oppenheimer- Churchie
10. James Dalgleish- Gregory Teerace/ Mitch Thirrd- The Southport School
11. Monty Ioane - Churchie/ Nili Fielia - The Southport School
14. Vince Cooney - The Southport School/Gareth Kalell- Brisbane Boys College

Some other players that should be considered and may end up on the bench for these teams or in Combined States are: Jonah Placid (TGS), Cody Blackhurst (BGS), Conrad Quick (BBC), Tom Banks (BBC), Darcy Eason (ACGS), Daniel Anae (Nudgee), Nic Fordyce (Nudgee), Lewis Radford (BGS), Daniel Sitanili (GT), Stuart Bougre (TGS).

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Jack Cornelson (BGS) played QLD II last year as a second-rower, so he will no doubt be in one of the two teams. Also, Alex West may not even be in the starting team for Churchie so I highly doubt his chances of making QLD schoolboys.

If not West, then it will be Schafer, both are QLD quality. I'm surprised Schafer hasn't been put in any of the predicted teams. The kid played run on for the National Indigenous team at Nationals last year and his form so far in 2012 has been far and beyond many other Churchie backs, including West, Ioane and Vanuseva.

C

Casey95

The only thing that will keep West out of both Churchie and Representative teams is injury. Schafer more than likely wont be playing first XV this year and wasnt 'nominated' for GPS anyway.

knockers, regardless, I would not be taking Adam Korzyck out of the 1 team. And going by your logic, Darcy Eason played QLD 2 last year as well, so having him out of the teams is unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.