• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Schools - Trial Games and Selections 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Thought that GPS 3 team was particularly underrated. They will certainly be competitive with GPS 2 and AIC 1.

Any other results?

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
GPS 1 26(Sikimeti, Hood, Fakaosilea, Deck tries; Tuttle, Green 2 conv)
Defeated CSS 1 10 (Samia, Hicks tries)

Stand-out players were Fakaosilea at #8, Deck at #9, Tuttle at #12. Eason proved tonight that he is not a fly-half. His passing was sloppy and his decision making was especially poor. Dalgliesh far out-performed him playing for GPS 2 as he did repeatedly at the GPS trials. I thought Sam Greene should have been used as an option more but then again he was taken off injured later in the game so that obviously restricted his presence. Hope he's alright, any information regarding the nature of his injury?

C

churr

AIC teams seem weak this year? Or are the GPS teams just particularly strong?

Jenkins9876

Herbert Moran (7)
AIC a lot weaker than they were last year, they pale in comparison to the AIC 1 side that nearly knocked off GPS 1 in 2011. A weaker competition all round has seen a drop in the standard from 2011 which was as close to GPS AIC has ever come in terms of all round standard.

C

churr

AIC a lot weaker than they were last year, they pale in comparison to the AIC 1 side that nearly knocked off GPS 1 in 2011. A weaker competition all round has seen a drop in the standard from 2011 which was as close to GPS AIC has ever come in terms of all round standard.
Righto, just wondering as I saw the socres, GPS 3 beat AIC 2 & GPS 2 beat AIC 1, wonder what the score will be between AIC 1 and GPS 1?

Jenkins9876

Herbert Moran (7)
Righto, just wondering as I saw the socres, GPS 3 beat AIC 2 & GPS 2 beat AIC 1, wonder what the score will be between AIC 1 and GPS 1?

Looks like it is going to be a belting mate, hope the AIC boys have some heart in them because at this stage all signs point to a 50+ drubbing.

C

churr

Looks like it is going to be a belting mate, hope the AIC boys have some heart in them because at this stage all signs point to a 50+ drubbing.
mmhm, starting to think it may also be like 2010, a all GPS QLD 1 starting line up

Jenkins9876

Herbert Moran (7)
mmhm, starting to think it may also be like 2010, a all GPS QLD 1 starting line up
AIC potentially had a few players I initially thought had a good shot, eg Andrew Manu at 2 and Brad Wilkin at 7 but since Wilkin's injury and Manu playing in a side that is getting belted by the GPS boys I would have to agree with you there churr, hopefully AIC can pick the standard back up in 2013.

J

John Coffee

The Chairmans 15 disappointed given that they have on paper a formidable line -up. However to be fair the dynamic isn't settled and consequently some promising execution at crucial times throughout the game were stifled by some worthy CSS 2 opposition in the cirumstances. The Chairmans 15 will lack cohesion in the second game but will have learnt something after yesterdays loss. The GPS element in the Chairmans 15 clearly demonstrated a different philosophy and execution than their 'other' schools counterparts within the dynamic. I am not saying, they are better or worse, however if you consider the number of tackles and arrivals at the breakdown, against forward momentum and aggressiveness in the ball carry, then you come up with a stamina that explains the uneveness in the tactical approach by the Chairman players as a group. This is evident (I suppose) in a separation in training philosophies that each of the school groups bring to the occassion. Hopefully in this next game a coach may require of them tonight to just throw caution to the wind, employ their individual natural talent to combine with the man next to him to stimulate flow and recycle of the ball. CH15 could damage an AIC 2 demoralised by GPS 3 yesterday. I would like to see the Chairmans 15 exhonerate themselves by using this next opportunity afforded them by their inclusion in this 'lifeline' selection.

I heard that TSS selections withdrew from the appointment and caused a last minute ring-in for replacements. Up to 9 BSHS players including some from other school groups are now participating in this rugby festival. Interesting. Anyone heard otherwise?

C

churr

The Chairmans 15 disappointed given that they have on paper a formidable line -up. However to be fair the dynamic isn't settled and consequently some promising execution at crucial times throughout the game were stifled by some worthy CSS 2 opposition in the cirumstances. The Chairmans 15 will lack cohesion in the second game but will have learnt something after yesterdays loss. The GPS element in the Chairmans 15 clearly demonstrated a different philosophy and execution than their 'other' schools counterparts within the dynamic. I am not saying, they are better or worse, however if you consider the number of tackles and arrivals at the breakdown, against forward momentum and aggressiveness in the ball carry, then you come up with a stamina that explains the uneveness in the tactical approach by the Chairman players as a group. This is evident (I suppose) in a separation in training philosophies that each of the school groups bring to the occassion. Hopefully in this next game a coach may require of them tonight to just throw caution to the wind, employ their individual natural talent to combine with the man next to him to stimulate flow and recycle of the ball. CH15 could damage an AIC 2 demoralised by GPS 3 yesterday. I would like to see the Chairmans 15 exhonerate themselves by using this next opportunity afforded them by their inclusion in this 'lifeline' selection.

I heard that TSS selections withdrew from the appointment and caused a last minute ring-in for replacements. Up to 9 BSHS players including some from other school groups are now participating in this rugby festival. Interesting. Anyone heard otherwise?
Would say that the withdrawals by TSS boys are due to the formal being tonight and it would clash with their games, but the boys in the GPS teams have chosen to play and the 2 from GPS 3 are going to make a rush to make it back, interesting

C

Coastboy

Would say that the withdrawals by TSS boys are due to the formal being tonight and it would clash with their games, but the boys in the GPS teams have chosen to play and the 2 from GPS 3 are going to make a rush to make it back, interesting

Vince cooney has withdrawn from GPS3

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Good to see we are back to the old Dagleish v Eason debate.

How are CSS boys #10 Billy Thompson and #7 Tyler Bunting (CSS 2) going?

TSS boys withdrawing is no great surprise, formal would obviously come before a trial for rugby, particularly if in one of the lower rep teams. Can't understand why they would organise it on the same night but these things happen and the boys obviously made the same choice most of us would. Can't say I'd be willing to come up to Brisbane then drive back down the coast for a night of booze and then trial again on the weekend. Expect to hear abit more from that dilemma, hopefully some of the local boys step up for BSHS, maybe we can unearth another CFS, but I think thats just hopeful thinking :)

Plenty of injury concerns by the look of it, Greene and Oppenheimer being the main two that come to mind. Tuttle has obviously bounced back strongly so I'm expecting him to coast into the QLD 1 #12 jersey, would be heading down tonight if it weren't for bloody exams, who on earth schedules friday night exams in the city? Eh.

hotman

Peter Burge (5)
i think for the AIC teams the loss of wilkin, corcoran and even rambi would of had a better influence on the team to help them.

T

Tarabs

Good to see we are back to the old Dagleish v Eason debate.

Plenty of injury concerns by the look of it, Greene and Oppenheimer being the main two that come to mind. Tuttle has obviously bounced back strongly so I'm expecting him to coast into the QLD 1 #12 jersey, would be heading down tonight if it weren't for bloody exams, who on earth schedules friday night exams in the city? Eh.

If Radford (GPS 3), Greene (GPS 1), Bennett (AIC 1) and Banks (GPS 2) have all injured themselves, who do you propose be the QLD 1 (and 2) fullbacks?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Really? Does this mean he is ineligable for QLD selection?

I have no idea, you wouldn't think so but its hard to select a player who doesn't trial and is in GPS 3. Ioane, Fielea, Kallel have put their hands up. You think he would be pretty low down the pecking order right now unless injuries hit.

If Radford (GPS 3), Greene (GPS 1), Bennett (AIC 1) and Banks (GPS 2) have all injured themselves, who do you propose be the QLD 1 (and 2) fullbacks?

You forgot that Jonah Placid isn't trialling either, and he was a frontrunner with Greene. I have no idea, guys like Tom Given would be in with a real shot. Depending on the seriousness of Greene's injury I think they will name him anyway and hope that he is right by Aus schools trials. QLD 2 is anyone's guess, maybe one of the CSS boys.

The amount of injuries is concerning, I think NSW schools will be a lot stronger this year.

C

churr

I have no idea, you wouldn't think so but its hard to select a player who doesn't trial and is in GPS 3. Ioane, Fielea, Kallel have put their hands up. You think he would be pretty low down the pecking order right now unless injuries hit.

You forgot that Jonah Placid isn't trialling either, and he was a frontrunner with Greene. I have no idea, guys like Tom Given would be in with a real shot. Depending on the seriousness of Greene's injury I think they will name him anyway and hope that he is right by Aus schools trials. QLD 2 is anyone's guess, maybe one of the CSS boys.

The amount of injuries is concerning, I think NSW schools will be a lot stronger this year.
True, but with all these injuries he may just find himself lucky, even if its on the 2s bench

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The potential QLD 1 team would have looked very strong at the end of last years trials, blokes like Duncan P running around, Greene uninjured and with Preen, Manu and Cornelson in great form. Not to mention the competition for jersey spots with the likes of Placid and Banks.

Ideally would have been something like:
I's
1. A. Pleash - GPS
2. A. Manu - AIC
3. D. Sikimenti - GPS
4. D. Preen - GPS
5. P. Potgeiter - GPS
6. M. Gunn - GPS
7. B. Wilkin - AIC
8. J. Fakaosilea - GPS
9. A. Deck - GPS
10. Duncan P - CSS (Don't ask me how to spell his last name)
11. M. Ioane - GPS
12. J. Tuttle - GPS
13. N. Vanuseva - GPS
14. N. Fielea - GPS
15. S. Greene - GPS

II's
1. B. Tarr - GPS
2. F. Postale - GPS
3. L. Takau - GPS
4. D. Findlay-Hennaway - GPS
5. J. Cornelson - GPS
6. L. Papworth - GPS
7. T. Bunting - CSS/ B. Hood - GPS
8. L. Oppenheimer - GPS
9. M. Dyring - CVX
10. B. Thompson - CSS/ J. Dalgleish - GPS/ D. Eason - GPS
11. G. Kallel - GPS
12. L. Tibbetts - GPS
13. Corcoran - AIC
14. B. Collins - GPS
15. J. Placid - GPS/ W. Bennett - AIC

Bench:
A. Mafi - GPS, G. Ryan - AIC, A. Korcyzc - GPS/ Y. Vagg - CXV, S. Georgiou - CXV, T. Drew - AIC, V. Quigley - GPS, M. Third - GPS, T. Banks - GPS/V. Cooney - GPS

Status
Not open for further replies.