• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I guess we don't know if Quade was offered a 1 or 2 year deal then?

There is no real point of the province signing players to more that 2 years if their contract is always on the provision of getting the appropriate ARU contract.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Correct me if I am wrong, but to play Super Rugby in Australia only requires that the Franchise Contract is ratified by the ARU.

It is only the elite or special who make it a condition of their Franchise Contract that there is an ARU top up contract.

The Super Rugby journeymen do not have ARU contracts.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)

What is that training drill? Quade demonstrating what a rugby ball looks like?

"This is my Gilbert. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My Gilbert is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my Gilbert is useless. Without my Gilbert, I am useless. I must pass my Gilbert true. I must kick straighter than my enemy, who is trying to tackle me. I must cutout pass before he tackles me."

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Is that UJ Seuteni standing in front of Quade? Sorry, but being from America I get to watch absolutely zero Oz Rugby below the SuperXV level so translating the pixel ridden YouTube clips of the newer guys into a human face can be difficult.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

"This is my Gilbert. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My Gilbert is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my Gilbert is useless. Without my Gilbert, I am useless. I must pass my Gilbert true. I must kick straighter than my enemy, who is trying to tackle me. I must cutout pass before he tackles me."
Thisssss is my Gilbert. My precioussssss.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Is that UJ Seuteni standing in front of Quade? Sorry, but being from America I get to watch absolutely zero Oz Rugby below the SuperXV level so translating the pixel ridden YouTube clips of the newer guys into a human face can be difficult.

Only taking a sneaky look on my tablet while I should be paying attention in a meeting so I could be wrong, but standing in front of Quade is Aiden Toua

Sent from my Nexus 7

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Apparently its Khoder's patented boxing drill.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not unless they play for the Wallabies I would've thought. Only from the province would they get their income.

So for someone who will only play for the Reds, does it not make sense for them to only receive a Reds income..

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
So for someone who will only play for the Reds, does it not make sense for them to only receive a Reds income..
That seems logical but with regards to Cooper, the ARU have to approve of his Reds contract and top it up if they require him to play for the Wallabies.
Why they can't let him be paid for playing for the Reds only is beyond me.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
That seems logical but with regards to Cooper, the ARU have to approve of his Reds contract and top it up if they require him to play for the Wallabies.
Why they can't let him be paid for playing for the Reds only is beyond me.

Don't think this is right. My understanding is that all Australian Super Rugby contracts need to be ratified by the ARU so that the conditions under which they would be paid if they were called up to the Wallabies are already determined. This is so that someone like McKibbin, who was far enough down the pecking order at the Tahs at the start of this season that he was considering going to Scotland, can be called up and have the jersey on in just a few days. I assume this ARU ratification process involves dealing with call-ups to training squads, etc. Presumably this would NOT prevent a player from going to Japan, boxing, etc. provided that his province is cool with it.

Only a select group (32?) receive a top-up in addition to their Super Rugby contracts, although obviously a lot more than 32 players have received match payments this season.

So presumably Cooper would need to work out something whereby he either declares himself unavailable for selection by the Wallabies formally, or he agrees to the same kind of terms for a call-up as, say, Tom Carter.

Unfortunately, the whole process is pretty opaque so its hard to know any of this stuff for sure. The above is based on what I've read, plus some speculation.

T

TOCC

Don't think this is right. My understanding is that all Australian Super Rugby contracts need to be ratified by the ARU so that the conditions under which they would be paid if they were called up to the Wallabies are already determined. This is so that someone like McKibbin, who was far enough down the pecking order at the Tahs at the start of this season that he was considering going to Scotland, can be called up and have the jersey on in just a few days. I assume this ARU ratification process involves dealing with call-ups to training squads, etc. Presumably this would NOT prevent a player from going to Japan, boxing, etc. provided that his province is cool with it.

Only a select group (32?) receive a top-up in addition to their Super Rugby contracts, although obviously a lot more than 32 players have received match payments this season.

So presumably Cooper would need to work out something whereby he either declares himself unavailable for selection by the Wallabies formally, or he agrees to the same kind of terms for a call-up as, say, Tom Carter.

Unfortunately, the whole process is pretty opaque so its hard to know any of this stuff for sure. The above is based on what I've read, plus some speculation.

Yes everything you have said is right..
Part of having their contract ratified by the ARU is also declaring that they are available for the Wallabies, foreign player obviously dont meet this requirement but im lead to believe they still need to have their contract ratified by the ARU.

Status
Not open for further replies.