• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Yes everything you have said is right..
Part of having their contract ratified by the ARU is also declaring that they are available for the Wallabies, foreign player obviously dont meet this requirement but im lead to believe they still need to have their contract ratified by the ARU.

I would expect that a lot of this has to do with insurance and liabilities that would be incurred in the event of a call up, as well as the monetary stuff.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Warren Gatland seems to think that QC (Quade Cooper) still has value to add to Brand Wallaby.

Gatland called Cooper an enigmatic "game-changer" who gives the Wallabies a genuine attacking threat despite his vulnerabilities in defence.

"He's an enigma, isn't he, when he's on form he does things out of the blue, he's got his weaknesses but he puts bums on seats," Gatland said.

"I just think people love to hate him in a certain way but as a rugby player he's absolute quality and he's the kind of player that the game needs, they need someone who does things a little bit different."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...ays-gatland-20121129-2agvm.html#ixzz2Dbj8d9HI

rugbyisfun

Jimmy Flynn (14)
This Saga has more twists and turns than the Bells Line of Road.

There is a much quicker and safer route across the Blue Mountains out of Sydney, but Team QC (Quade Cooper) seem hell bent on travelling the alternate route.
Yes... But does that road have a little shop like the one near Bilpin that serves warm apple pies with two scoops of I've cream?? Sometimes it's not about taking the quick road. Especially when there is warm apple pie and ice cream involved

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
It has certainly been the most controversial and vindictive one that I can remember in G & G R.

It just goes to show how poor management can sway public opinion significantly, hark back to 2010 and you'll struggle to find anything negative written about Quade except his defense...

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Crazy isn't it Swat We all get our knickers in a knot on here from time to time. But if there's one thing that holds true no matter the issue is that a week is a looooooong time in Rugby. 2010 seems like a lifetime ago.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Is it possible that the Quade signing saga is drawing to a close?

Courier Mail is reporting a deal has been done.

http://m.couriermail.com.au/sport/r...ions-safari-shot/story-fn8t7efs-1226530820494

interesting, there was a piece on SBW's boxing that said was going off to train with SBW in Japan

''I have got 10 weeks, four weeks of which will be physio and getting the injury ready and then hopefully six weeks preparation for the fight,'' Williams said.
''We are looking to having camp in Japan and bringing over a trainer and a couple of sparring partners, along with Quade [Cooper] also, which will be pretty cool.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...t-drags-on-20121203-2ar7t.html?skin=text-only

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
''I have got 10 weeks, four weeks of which will be physio and getting the injury ready and then hopefully six weeks preparation for the fight,'' Williams said.
''We are looking to having camp in Japan and bringing over a trainer and a couple of sparring partners, along with Quade [Cooper] also, which will be pretty cool.''

Jeez, you'd have be be some kind of extreme pessimist to prepare your injury in advance.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Apparently he is announcing tomorrow that he has re-signed and it's on the same money that he was offered by the ARU last year.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...-stay-in-australian-rugby-20121206-2axx6.html
That's a pretty extraordinary turnaround by the ARU if it's correct; Carmichael should be up for a commission for his work by the sound of things!
Just read it on the Herald.

Good on him, bitter pill to swallow. He'll certainly have motivation to play well this season too.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
The question is with Berrick turning into a pretty decent test 15, as well as a serviceable test back-up at 10 for late game rotations, will Quade fit in the Wallaby 23?

Even if you don't rate Berrick he's a better bencher than Cooper covering 10, 12, and 15 as well as both kicking and tackling better than Quade.

So I suppose the question really is, is Quade better than Beale? Doesn't need to be answered now of course, we have till the Lion's tour.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I take any story on Quade with a prescribed quantity of NaCl, but sincerely hope this latest missive from the Sinny Moaning Herald is on the money.
Quade in Red, dicing with other contenders for a 10 jersey thrills me way more than Quade going the rope-a-dope against some hack contender who couldn't knock the souf off a souffle.
Maybe some sense has been made of this 130 page debacle.
Geez, I am hoping to close this fucking thread before Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.