• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
So by the end of his next contract he will likely have close to 100 caps for Queensland and would have been at the clubs 7 years since his debut..
Not bad for someone who has at times been labelled as someone purely just chasing the money..
It's a funny criticism of a professional athlete isn't it?
There are very few footballers that can expect to play 7 years in the Super comp, and some think the players should limit their income for this small window of opportunity!
As an outsider who know little of the detail.Carmichael seems to have done extraordinarily well to have engineered a compromise between the parties here.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
.../snip/..

As an outsider who know little of the detail.Carmichael seems to have done extraordinarily well to have engineered a compromise between the parties here.

While Big Jim may have "little" rugby knowledge and history, the sport he is more familiar with has plenty of "difficult" athletes and his past administration skills would have prepared him well to broker this compromise.

I don't know too much about the gentleman, but I get the feeling that this compromise has his DNA all over it. Kudos to him for keeping the focus on the main event.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
So by the end of his next contract he will likely have close to 100 caps for Queensland and would have been at the clubs 7 years since his debut..
Not bad for someone who has at times been labelled as someone purely just chasing the money..

The way he goes around negotiations would have nothing to do with it o_O

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
The way he goes around negotiations would have nothing to do with it o_O

I am glad it is finally over, he'll wear Red and win S15 championships. The couple of times I have met Quade the impression I have got from him is a decent, honest and loyal bloke.

This negotiations kabuki does nothing for no one. It needs to be fixed. Even Sanchez took 6 months to sign with the ARU??

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I recall that QC (Quade Cooper) wanted a one year contract but the ARU has got him to commit for two years.

This is a victory for Nasser and QC (Quade Cooper) too: it means his rugby income in 2014 won't be affected by whether he gets over his injury and/or repeats his RWC2011 form if/when he plays the Lions.
On every level the ARU have been outplayed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
gets over his injury and/or repeats his RWC2011 form if/when he plays the Lions.
On every level the ARU have been outplayed.

Also depends on the game plan, any 10 we've had under Deans has had the cuffs put on, we are not creative, we have stuggled passed 3 attacking" phases "& this has nothing to do with QC (Quade Cooper) form. Whether it be Beale, Barnes, or JOC (James O'Connor), the views on this forum people are concerned with the amount of times we kick, it never changes.

The old saying play what is in front of you, we kick over what's in front of us.

QC (Quade Cooper) in 2011 when the Reds won the comp, he did some amzing things as an individual BUT it was the team, and the coaching that gelled all the strengths together, an example Beau Robinson - he wasnt wanted by other clubs but at the end of the season playing in a TEAM he righlty ended up in the Wallaby Squad.

I think we should be looking at the coach not QC (Quade Cooper), even though he has questionable verbal / negotiating skills

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
My purpose (today) is not to bag the bloke or apportion blame between him and Deans - but - the way QC (Quade Cooper) plays at s15 doesn't/won't work a test level and, in any event, goes missing on the really big occasions: when he played u21s, RWC 2011.
He's has, however, completely outplayed Nucifora in these negotiations.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Apportion blame between him and Deans - but - the way QC (Quade Cooper) plays at s15 doesn't/won't work a test level and, in any event, goes missing on the really big occasions:

Big difference between S15 and Test rugby - yes an accurate testiment but an excuse that is used far to and wide.
I dont put a game against Scotland, Samoa, Italy in the same class as a Bledisloe cup - 2 different test matches.
We havent seen a 5/8 under Dean's tenure that could handle the step up from S15 to Test Rugby then?
Could the same saying "big step up between S15 & Test be applied to the coaching as well?

The Reds V Crusaders 2011 Super 15 final - that Crusaders side was littered with All Blacks, were they not trying because it wasnt a test match?

Any coach at any level is no doubt coaching to win, are they not?
I put our performances down to the type of rugby that is being coached, some facts;
Links last season at the Tah's - Final
Links tenure at the reds - from bottom and only upwards (2012 made the finals with an horrific injury toll).

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
My purpose (today) is not to bag the bloke or apportion blame between him and Deans - but - the way QC (Quade Cooper) plays at s15 doesn't/won't work a test level and, in any event, goes missing on the really big occasions: when he played u21s, RWC 2011.
He's has, however, completely outplayed Nucifora in these negotiations.

Do you think so? Half the rugby public now think he's a complete douchebag and a puppet of shady external commercial interests.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
He is young and there is no doubting that he has surrounded himself with the wrong people. I wouldn't call him a DB, more like young, foolish and misguided.
But there is also no doubting that he brings something extra to the Reds and the Wallabies. Someone needs to harness his skill set and point it in the right direction.
Obviously Deans has failed to do so and there is no reason to think that this will change in the next year.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think it's good that he's signed for 2 year as it at least opens the possibility of the next Wallabies coach bringing him back into the fold if Deans does freeze him out for the Lions. I hope he does mature and reaches his full potential, some mercurial talents never do, see Paul Gascoigne in soccer an an example. It would be really sad to be looking back at the end of his career on what might have been.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
And the other half think for themselves & not let the media do it for them. Just like the rest of society.

Like the rest of society?

And between the Courier, Weidler, and some newspapers acting as Nasser's mouthpiece, and the Australian already critical of the ARU, the media was quite favorable towards Quade.

There's a big stinking irony in telling people to think for themselves when you're wearing the big red glasses.

There's plenty of justification for people to not think too highly of Quade and his management following this circus.

T

TOCC

Oh yeah, this forum is just chock-a-block full of impartial rugby supporters....

At the end of the day the broader australian rugby public wont give a crap about all this after the 2013 season starts..

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Like the rest of society?

And between the Courier, Weidler, and some newspapers acting as Nasser's mouthpiece, and the Australian already critical of the ARU, the media was quite favorable towards Quade.

There's a big stinking irony in telling people to think for themselves when you're wearing the big red glasses.

There's plenty of justification for people to not think too highly of Quade and his management following this circus.

Yes Slim, like the rest of society, there are a lot of people who swallow everything that they read & see in the media (probably more than half). How else do you explain things like a Current Affair & the popularity of commercial radio, etc etc. Just like a lot of people here lap up any story that shows Cooper in a bad light.Their intense dislike for the lad is shading their reasoning.
I said all along there was nothing to see here & that he'd end up signing again.... I was right, another storm in a teacup. I don't give a crap about any of the other stuff, I just want to watch a talented sportsman do his stuff on the sports field. Nothing to do with shaded glasses , I'd say the same for any other player that has a lot of ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.