• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Talk about throwing stones in glass houses Slim. I would put your Brumbies bias up with the bias of any Reds supporter or any other team for that matter. Personally I see no problem with it. All it is is pride and passion for the team you love and support.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Vince McMahon and WWF have made gazillions from fabricating evil dudes you have to hate, and home town heros that always seem to lose to the aforesaid evil dudes under dubious circumstances.

Sport thrives on passion and tribalism.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Sure, Ruggo, Penguin and others who have agreed with your posts.
But the post Slim responded to implied those who question Cooper in any way are incapable of thinking for themselves and blindly swallow anything thrown up in the media. As opposed to those erudite enough to think for themselves and decide Cooper is AOK. That was the thrust of your post, Penguin.
Which I reckon is pretty condescending.
Once again, in some eyes this is a black and white issue (or Red and non-Red, to be blunt) which is daft, as there are shades of grey.
I reckon it was a fair objection.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Talk about throwing stones in glass houses Slim. I would put your Brumbies bias up with the bias of any Reds supporter or any other team for that matter. Personally I see no problem with it. All it is is pride and passion for the team you love and support.
Slim has a Brumbies bias? Who would of thunk it.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Sure, Ruggo, Penguin and others who have agreed with your posts.
But the post Slim responded to implied those who question Cooper in any way are incapable of thinking for themselves and blindly swallow anything thrown up in the media. As opposed to those erudite enough to think for themselves and decide Cooper is AOK. That was the thrust of your post, Penguin.
Which I reckon is pretty condescending.
Once again, in some eyes this is a black and white issue (or Red and non-Red, to be blunt) which is daft, as there are shades of grey.
I reckon it was a fair objection.

As opposed to Grouchos original post I was responding to?

Not to mention that most of this thread was fueled by media speculation & a few rabid posters deathriding Cooper. Most of the speculation has been proven to be just that. It was just one bloke taking his time over signing a contract, all sorted out in the end. Pity it filled pages of newsprint & took up acres of cyberspace over nothing at all really. If you all read between the lines over the whole saga, you'd have heard QC (Quade Cooper) not say a lot since his ill advised twitter rant & subsequent Fox "interview" all the Wallabies brushed it all off with annoyance. Everything coming out of the Reds camp was it'll be sorted. But so many get frothing at crap coming from the likes of Danny Weilder.... a league journo.
I think I'm on the money, condescending or not.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Yes Slim, like the rest of society, there are a lot of people who swallow everything that they read & see in the media (probably more than half). How else do you explain things like a Current Affair & the popularity of commercial radio, etc etc. Just like a lot of people here lap up any story that shows Cooper in a bad light.Their intense dislike for the lad is shading their reasoning.
I said all along there was nothing to see here & that he'd end up signing again.. I was right, another storm in a teacup. I don't give a crap about any of the other stuff, I just want to watch a talented sportsman do his stuff on the sports field. Nothing to do with shaded glasses , I'd say the same for any other player that has a lot of ability.

Yes....QC (Quade Cooper) has nothing to do with stories that put him in a bad light. It's all the media's fault. In fact, the media are the ones responsible for his poor tackling as well. T

An intense dislike for this guy is no fault of the media's and everything to do with the way he has chosen to conduct himself. FFS, this is exactly what's wrong with these type of sports/celebrity type bad-boy personalities. Nothing is their fault.....it's someone else's. And the ARU have rewarded him for it........as I said before - sad day for rugby and the only silver lining for me is that it's happening here and not in NZ rugby.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
If this pandering to QC (Quade Cooper) and IF (NSWRU/Tahs) is what is necessary to get the Governance reform and QRU and NSWRU votes at the ARU EGM then history may judge these as inspired strategic compromises from ARU.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Penguin
I didn't see Groucho's post, I only saw yours after Slim's reply.
So no, not as opposed to any other post.
Forgive me, but I don't see every post. For the record, half probably don't like him, based on a few polls online recently. I don't agree with the assumption that he's a douchebag.
Shit, I just thought for myself, and didn't believe everything I read, but I do disagree with a lot of how Cooper handled himself. I don't fit the pie-chart anymore.
I still disagree with your premise though.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
As opposed to Grouchos original post I was responding to?

Not to mention that most of this thread was fueled by media speculation & a few rabid posters deathriding Cooper. Most of the speculation has been proven to be just that. It was just one bloke taking his time over signing a contract, all sorted out in the end. Pity it filled pages of newsprint & took up acres of cyberspace over nothing at all really. If you all read between the lines over the whole saga, you'd have heard QC (Quade Cooper) not say a lot since his ill advised twitter rant & subsequent Fox "interview" all the Wallabies brushed it all off with annoyance. Everything coming out of the Reds camp was it'll be sorted. But so many get frothing at crap coming from the likes of Danny Weilder.. a league journo.
I think I'm on the money, condescending or not.
Doesn't this require an emoticon at the end?
Was that a ventriloquists dummy on the rugby club? If so who had their hand up his back?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
^ That's why I had inverted commas around interview IS. It was one of the worst pieces of Rugby journalism I've ever seen.

I know one thing for sure... I'm glad his deal is for two years so we can have a year off from all this crap!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The contract terms have allegedly been agreed, like them or not.

QC (Quade Cooper) just needs to get on and play the footy he is capable of.

A slaughter of some cocksure Lions beckons. That must be our focus.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
The contract terms have allegedly been agreed, like them or not.

QC (Quade Cooper) just needs to get on and play the footy he is capable of.

A slaughter of some cocksure Lions beckons. That must be our focus.

Sorry for the off topic reply.

It appears my attempt at sarcasm in your closed thread was missed. I apologies if it in anyway contributed to the thread being closed. I had hoped my actually agreeing with one of your responses and serious nature of my further predictions may have portrayed this. Perhaps one of these ;) should have been added after the comment.

Closing the thread after some of the vitriol expressed in the various Cooper threads (this one for example) and there remaining open seems a bit weird.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
With all due respect Bullrush, your a Kiwi & have Quade hate in your DNA.
I think Bullrush has pretty much always supported Quade to a fairly large degree - and anyway it'd be easy to tell if he hated him as all of his posts would be 'booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo'

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Sorry for the off topic reply.

It appears my attempt at sarcasm in your closed thread was missed. I apologies if it in anyway contributed to the thread being closed. I had hoped my actually agreeing with one of your responses and serious nature of my further predictions may have portrayed this. Perhaps one of these ;) should have been added after the comment.

Closing the thread after some of the vitriol expressed in the various Cooper threads (this one for example) and there remaining open seems a bit weird.
The thread was closed because it would turn into a godawful mess, with people predicting 20 different things with up to 15 variables in many. Nothing to do with anything you're talking about.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I think Bullrush has pretty much always supported Quade to a fairly large degree - and anyway it'd be easy to tell if he hated him as all of his posts would be 'booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo'

I've always been scathing of his defence but I have noted that his tackling seemed somewhat improved this year. As a mad Carlos Spencer fan back in the day, how could I not enjoy his attacking flair. I still maintain though that he is still fairly average in the big Tests. And above anything that a player bring to the field, I'm most impressed by the way they handle themselves off it and the way they conduct themselves in general.

In that regard, this whole saga has been a big fail for QC (Quade Cooper) IMO.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I am not saying Quade Cooper is perfect, not partly to blame or the sun shines out of his arse but most of the crap said about this bloke is just hyperbole and I dare guess it is from ill informed sources who haven't got a fucking clue what the bloke is really like. Does Quade Cooper do anything right? I remember a couple of years back on this forum a post from Rugby Reg telling of how Quade stays back after watching his little brother play to meet all the kids including the opposition. This sort of stuff don't make the paper sell hey? I remember the trial played in Darwin in 2011, Quade was the last bloke off the field after meeting and greeting the punters who were allowed onto the field to mingle with the players. These sorts of things do matter when judging a persons character. Penguin is right in saying that people are quick to lap up all the bullshit they see and read in the media. People have formed such strong opinions about the bloke but how many of them actually know him?

The attempts at character assasination get a little tiresome after a while. Not just Quade Cooper but other players who have had this sort of vomit levelled at them.

Sorry for the rant. I just felt it needed to be said.

T

Train Without a Station

The attempts at character assasination get a little tiresome after a while. Not just Quade Cooper but other players who have had this sort of vomit levelled at them.

Unless of course they're Tom Carter. Then it's acceptable...

Lyall

Allen Oxlade (6)
Internet forums can reveal a lot about the users character, it's the only opinion you can form about a person, a stranger, hundreds or thousands of miles away.

Paradoxically these discussions add absolutely no further detail to the arguments about the said persons (player/coach/etc) character.

If you argue with a fool..............................

Status
Not open for further replies.