• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I look forward to his next article on how Quade and Khoder were seen swimming at Cheviot beach on the 17th of December 1967.

The article after that will be that Khoder was the gunman on the grassy knoll and Quade the getaway driver.

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
This whole affair doesn't make sense.

Why would the ARU take on a manager like Khoder Nasser. You know you are going to get shitfight. He is smart, good at his job and makes a heap of money for his clients by expanding their opportunities. Playing hard ball with him would more than likely mean losing QC (Quade Cooper) to other avenues of employment. Given that even the ARU best offer would be well short of what he could get elsewhere, they seemed to bank their hard ball strategy on QC (Quade Cooper)'s desire to play for Australia, a brave move given his comments on the Rugby Forum. And if he did stay, the doo doo will take years for the code to clean up. Spiro's article gives us player against player, state union against national union and code against code. Given this was all very predictable, those dealing with this at the ARU and who have capitulated spectacularly appear completely incompetent, and QC (Quade Cooper)'s reputation has also been dragged through the dirt. Doesn't make sense.

The only person to benefit from all this, is a certain high ranking ex-ARU executive, who demonstrated to his wealthy new boss that he doesn't take crap from anybody, a trait that is clearly needed in his new position.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I will say this though, it's December and there's still Rugby articles in the paper. I don't know about all you southern and western states but up here in QLD that's a rare thing. We struggle to get Rugby articles in the paper in Rugby season!

It may not be for good reasons but there's no such things as bad publicity, apparently! ;)

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
How do you know?
Are you involved in the Wallabies setup?
What was that whole thing about the media and thinking for yourself?

Slim,
  • Everyone can interprate TOXIC as they wish, my interpratation - they are not playing positive enjoayable rugby, there is not a buzz of enjoyment.
  • Wallabies set up - nope - just a frustrated rugby supporter, there seems to be alot of people concerned about the Wallaby brand at the moment though as well.
  • Media, and thinking about yourself - you have completely lost me there, sorry.
Summary, media, Nassar, etc etc - I am looking solely at QC (Quade Cooper), what and how he said it was wrong!!!!! my interpratation it was accurate, as a player he has special qualities rarely seen and the current game plan doesnt make use of them.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
After a huge seafood lunch in the park under the Story Bridge overlooking the Brisbane CBD with copious quantities of beer and wines, as I was getting into bed at 5:45PM, I thought what could have been better?
When I got up at 3AM this morning, and eventually got to this thread (with an A++ grade hangover), I discovered there was something better.
This thread is finally dying out - HALLELUYA!!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
QC (Quade Cooper) on Rugby HQ tonight

".....I want to win back the Gold Jumper......" (or words to the same general effect)

The jumper colour mentioned was GOLD. A different QC (Quade Cooper) tonight to that we saw way back then.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
uploadfromtaptalk1360893052164.jpg
gold
uploadfromtaptalk1360893090313.jpg
yellow
uploadfromtaptalk1360893113809.jpg
wallabies jersey.

Just saying.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
On my screen it makes it look like one of those high viz vests. Maybe that is an accurate reflection of our current working force at the moment (if Brisbane and Perth airports are anything to go by these days with all the FIFO guys). The stripes just need to have that funky silver reflective stuff to complete the ensemble.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
There's an elephant in my G & GR - it's called 'Quade telling it as it is'.

Aaaaggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
The Australian guernsey being gold isn't about a colour, it's a state of mind. It's a state of mind that any shade of yellow is gold. Just like boys from Joeys wear pink.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The Australian guernsey being gold isn't about a colour, it's a state of mind. It's a state of mind that any shade of yellow is gold. Just like boys from Joeys wear pink.

Joeys=pink, that'll get you more trouble than you've bargained for, Swat.

Status
Not open for further replies.