• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Boxing seems to have been a good off season fitness regime for QC (Quade Cooper).

There seemed to be a bit of fire in his eyes last night.

The next two weeks which sees the Reds vs the Ponys and Tahs will be the proof of the pudding.

The Wobs need competition and depth in the #10 jumper.

M

Muttonbird

Epic thread. Didn't see the undercard but from accounts QC (Quade Cooper) was quite sharp.

T

TOCC

Boxing seems to have been a good off season fitness regime for QC (Quade Cooper).

There seemed to be a bit of fire in his eyes last night.

The next two weeks which sees the Reds vs the Ponys and Tahs will be the proof of the pudding.

The Wobs need competition and depth in the #10 jumper.

not only that, it keeps him off the alcohol in the off-season, that can only be good news for everyone involved

T

TOCC

Quade letting his actions do the talking...
After full time in the Irish test, Quade is back on the field practicing the kicks he missed

a7u4ypug.jpg

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Ah yes and all those doubters.
When time has elapsed, and someone has been proven correct, and others incorrect, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Many Aus rugby fans were displeased with Quade, and with good reason. I was one of them.
I am happy to say he has proved me well wrong, and I am very happy to see it. He has impressed more and more each week lately.
But I think there were good reasons for fans to be doubters. He has done all he can do - be better, be consistent, be resilient.

T

TOCC

Cant really blame people for writing him off, it looked pretty bleak for a while there.. Been proven wrong isn't a bad thing either, I've written JOC (James O'Connor) off and said i hope he never returns, but to be honest if the bloke can sort his life out and get his attitude on the right track i would happily see him earn his position back in the Wallabies.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
The Quade we are seeing at the moment is not the Quade many of us raged against. If the 'hindsighters' cared to recall, if wasn't just the public who were angry with him, many of the current players were as well. He has matured markedly over the last 12 or so months. Which is a credit to him. Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) take note.
But if he hadn't developed I would still be furious with him for throwing away great potential. I'm glad he is heading in the right direction.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
When time has elapsed, and someone has been proven correct, and others incorrect, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Many Aus rugby fans were displeased with Quade, and with good reason. I was one of them.
I am happy to say he has proved me well wrong, and I am very happy to see it. He has impressed more and more each week lately.
But I think there were good reasons for fans to be doubters. He has done all he can do - be better, be consistent, be resilient.

I agree with what you are saying. The problem is at the time he was going through his troubles, some of the comments made against him were over the top and fair to say some of it was personal. Most of the comments came from people who new jack shit about the fella. Sometimes we only see the rugby player and forget the young man behind. Quade Cooper isn't the only player who cops this. For all the opportunity that comes with the profile of these players, comes the added pressure that most of us didn't experience when at this age. When I think of what I am writing in this post, I think of Kurtley Beale. That kid hadn't even finished high school and was being touted as the next great thing. It is sad to think of the human element knowing what has happened since.

I not for one minute think we are not entitled to our opinions but just maybe we should be more considered when we express them from where we remain anonymous. They players we critique don't have that luxury.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)

Agree, but as ruggo said.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think the biggest difference now is that the current Quade Cooper we are seeing wouldn't dream of making the same sort of comments in public that he did last year.

He has grown up a lot, is playing the best test rugby of his life and seems composed and completely focused on his rugby.

I think he would know now that if he had the sort of issues he had a year or so ago, he would deal with it in a much more adult manner.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I think the biggest difference now is that the current Quade Cooper we are seeing wouldn't dream of making the same sort of comments in public that he did last year.

He has grown up a lot, is playing the best test rugby of his life and seems composed and completely focused on his rugby.

I think he would know now that if he had the sort of issues he had a year or so ago, he would deal with it in a much more adult manner.

True, I also think the coach may have a little to do with it as well.

I saw an interview with Link, he said he made a huge effort in getting to know and "understand" his players, and what made them tick.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Ruggo nailed it.

The vitriol slung at Quade both on here and in the press was disappointing not because of the content but the ignorance involved in producing that content to begin with. After the less than stellar start to his career and 'that' incident on TV it was very, very obvious that he was changing, or at least making a concerted effort to. It only took even a cursory interest in the functioning of the Reds organization or a passive following of Quade's social media to realize this. The change in attitude, the budding maturity, the extra work in the form of late night gym sessions, late night kicking sessions, etc were all there to see.

The incident where he had a beer dumped on him and then walked away from it should have been the last nail in the coffin in regards to whether or not Quade had grown up. It only seemed to spurn on the insane sledging he was regularly receiving.

Good on you Quade, you've made a lot of people eat their words and you've made the rest of us remarkably proud.

Hopefully this will mark the beginning of the end of an era stained by a nearly constant stream of incidents which seemed to do nothing but pull us all away from actually talking about an supporting the Wallabies as a squad. Nothing would make me happier than seeing Kurtley return this year with his own problems addressed in a similar manner. Here's to the future!

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
True, I also think the coach may have a little to do with it as well.

I saw an interview with Link, he said he made a huge effort in getting to know and "understand" his players, and what made them tick.
You make it sound like Link only just met him recently.
Maybe it was the year being frozen out from International Rugby that made him reassess his behaviour and attitudes?

Status
Not open for further replies.