• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The suspended ban comes into practice if he breaches his ARU code of conduct in the next 2 years. Like a good behaviour bond. Nothing to do with SANZAR match bans.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Its soft IMO.
Just look at the way NZ reacted to protect their own.
Higgers head butts Sir Richie and they call for blood.
QC (Quade Cooper) slags off the whole Wallaby set up says he would not play for them if asked and he gets a piss week 3 week suspended ban and a 40k fine because 40k is really going to hurt his bank account.
Its not like its the first time he has brought the game into disrepute, when will they though the book at his to teach him a lesson!???
I’m call it now he will learn nothing and within the next 2 years he will again be in the head lines for all the wrong reason.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
As well as this fine, I suspect that the numbers on QC (Quade Cooper)'s yet to be signed contract may be reviewed, especially if he doesn't sign it in its current form pretty damn quickly.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
QC (Quade Cooper) slags off the whole Wallaby set up says he would not play for them if asked and he gets a piss week 3 week suspended ban and a 40k fine because 40k is really going to hurt his bank account.

The ARU puts 5-10 times more than into his bank account, he'll probably just ask for another 40k on his next contract signing.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Piss weak punishment, I'm afraid.

Same as I've said about all these new boys who don't get it - show them how much you respect the jersey by fucking them over big time.

Kurtley, The Brand, Quade, I'm looking at you.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
40k is a lot of money no matter how much you earn. I hardly think Quade found it amusing.
Crap. For you and me its a lot of money he could make that playing a few games playing for the wobs

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Was it ever going to be enough for you?

Mate, there's 78 pages here and I've posted about twice.

This isn't Quade-specific, as my post makes clear.

A lot of posters on here have called for his contract to be cancelled. I'm a bit more moderate than that, but this is essentially a non-punishment.

Maybe Tom Waterhouse will keep a book on how long it is until the next time Quade "deeply regrets his actions" or "lets down his teammates" etc, etc.

Promises are fucking easy to make, but hard to keep.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Why?

You truly are an ignorant fool if you think he holds no value to this Wallaby team, and that our talent pool is rich enough to dispose of him.

? If you read what I said it's a joke at Quade not being available for the Reds in the Super rugby finals.

But yeah Quade has no value to the Wallabies side, well, a negative one actually.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Few if any employers would cop being dissed as the ARU was and for them it was public and their public image is their only bankable commodity.
So I think he's got a good result here.
If they wanted to break the back of the young guns "freelancing" they could have taken the view that a message needed to be sent.
Funny that Lote was treated as an adult but they treat Cooper like a naughty kid.
Cooper gets to control how harsh his punishment is: if he toes the line it was mid range but if he offends he gets hit harder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.