• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The problem I see here is that if he gets into trouble again he'll only cop a weak 3 match ban.

Surely if he were to screw up again it should be nothing less than his contract being torn up?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
From the release..

The three match suspension will only be enforced should Cooper fail to adhere to the ARU Code of Conduct over the following two years.

I don't know if it's like a SANZAR judiciary/wheel of misfortune hearing where priors count for more.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I can see that some people don't really like Cooper, or his style of play. That's fine.
I can see why some people wanted him sanctioned effectively for what he said, I know I felt he should be made well aware how he went about it the wrong way. That's fine.
I don't really get the veiled sentiment that we'd be better off if he farked off, or was farked off by the ARU? Do we really have so many good players we can chuck 'em away rather than rehabilitate them and get the most out of them?? I mean the guy isn't a 4th grade hack.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Its soft IMO.
Just look at the way NZ reacted to protect their own.
Higgers head butts Sir Richie and they call for blood.
QC (Quade Cooper) slags off the whole Wallaby set up says he would not play for them if asked and he gets a piss week 3 week suspended ban and a 40k fine because 40k is really going to hurt his bank account.
Its not like its the first time he has brought the game into disrepute, when will they though the book at his to teach him a lesson!???
I’m call it now he will learn nothing and within the next 2 years he will again be in the head lines for all the wrong reason.

It is interesting that the ex-QC (Quade Cooper) GF gets massively hit in the back pocket for ONE inappropriate tweet at 2am in the morning sent in the heat of the moment. Lost sponsors like Jaguar and all sorts of other dramas.

What QC (Quade Cooper) did was not a heat of the moment thing. It was sustained and rather premeditated.

Somehow the consequences for one tweet from Stephanie seem to be rather harsh in comparison to what QC (Quade Cooper) received.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
If it has......... NOTHING.........to do with it, why do some make it an issue in the critique of him?
I personally don't believe he was such a dickhead that we ought to send him off to poop in a stairwell, or a shoe.
Maybe the sentence might have been harsher, but I don't think he should be "offed".

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Meh, it's all about perspective. I personally think the punishment was mid range and quite adequate.

The truth is the ARU still want him in the game and if they had put the hammer down on him they ran the risk of driving him out.

Though I wouldn't have minded seeing a community based component in the punishment. 20 days of running coaching clinics for kids across a range of capital cities wouldn't have hurt.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
cyclo, you know it wasn't me who was holding the quality of his playing up as a defence.

Charger: if the ARU are being that cynical shouldn't we hold them to account rather than give them a round of applause for their street smarts?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
cyclo, you know it wasn't me who was holding the quality of his playing up as a defence.

Charger: if the ARU are being that cynical shouldn't we hold them to account rather than give them a round of applause for their street smarts?
I know, but you took me to task, and others had applied that criterion in this thread. Did you really want me to ignore you? ;)

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'm OK with the punishment as it stands, but I like the idea of a "no dick heads policy". A line needs to be drawn with the players now: be a dick head and you're out. Talented or not, the behaviour of some players over the last couple of seasons has cheapened the jersey for mine. Some of them need a kick up the arse.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)

Is it worse to be wasteful or cynical? That's alot of talent and potential to throw away to make a point.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
I don't have a problem with the punishment - at the time of his remarks how many of you can honestly say the ARU & the Wallabies were headed in the right direction? No problems and the Wallabies were on the up and up? Who can say whether he or any of his team mates had followed protocol and raised the issues internally and that didn't work so Quade raised it in public? (All speculation) But if it had been raised internally we wouldn't know. Something may now happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.