• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I would suspect that the revised "number" from ARU will be substantially less than the July offer, and will have more conditions attached

That's a problem that Quade should bring up with his management. It was their idea to run with a one year deal as they were trying to squeeze every single cent they could from the ARU/Reds. The plan backfired due to the Quade's injury and he's value dropped.

Now, if Quade actually signed a three year deal last year instead of this year, he wouldn't be in such a predicament!

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Deserved what he got, showed adequately enough that he understood he had erred. The game thing was interesting light relief.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think the penalty was in the right ballpark. $40,000 is a large amount of money even on Quade's salary.

The suspended part of the sentence basically says that if he errs again, you've got a substantial penalty before the ARU even deals with the new indiscretion. If he breaches the ARU code of conduct to any reasonable degree in the next two years you can pretty much guarantee he'll be gone.

Hopefully Quade has learnt his lesson. It's about time that he does.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
That's a problem that Quade should bring up with his management. It was their idea to run with a one year deal as they were trying to squeeze every single cent they could from the ARU/Reds. The plan backfired due to the Quade's injury and he's value dropped.

Now, if Quade actually signed a three year deal last year instead of this year, he wouldn't be in such a predicament!

I think a incentive based quotient in his contract wouldn't be too bad an idea, good behavior and performance as factors.

But it does amuse me to see the one year at a time, lets screw our employers and make a circus approach biting him on the arse.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Who says he is getting a pay cut?
I understood that his reds contract was reliant on QC (Quade Cooper) getting at least the same as last time?

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Roundawhile - when did I shit on him? I'm not saying it to make myself feel better. It's my opinion. I don't want to see the guy lost to the sport. But if your going to go out one limb you should be able to back yourself up. Quades on the limb & if he wants to one back into the fold I want to know why. What's changed?

I know you weren't singling me out. But people are having a discussion. If you don't agree with something that's fine, but make a point don't run people down over it. If a line is overstepped report it.

When?

How about calling him a c... during the Argie game?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Urgh, must we turn this into a personal 'he-said, she-said' slanging match?

We had just got this discussion back on track, I'd like to keep it there if we can.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Who says he is getting a pay cut?
I understood that his reds contract was reliant on QC (Quade Cooper) getting at least the same as last time?

This is what is reported in the SMH today by Georgina Robinson, Sports Reporter.

Although Cooper has signed a three-year deal with Super Rugby franchise the Reds, the ARU withdrew its top-up contract after the injured playmaker's remarks in September.
Deputy chief executive Matt Carroll said the ARU had noted the tribunal's findings and would consider the next step in the contracting process.

''ARU placed contract negotiations with Quade Cooper on hold until the tribunal process had been finalised,'' he said.

''Given the tribunal has handed down its decision, this matter as far as we are concerned has been finalised. ARU will now look at how we address the contract situation involving Quade Cooper.''

Cooper must wait while the ARU decides whether to put its contract offer back on the table.

On the basis that ARU have "placed contract negotiations on hold", "withdrew its top-up contract" and is deciding "whether to put its contract offer back on the table", it is a fair assumption that whatever goes "back on the table" will be less than what was previously on the table, and will have some more conditions attached.

Full article here: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/cooper-cops-40000-fine-from-aru-for-outbursts-20121031-28k51.html#ixzz2AvgxZW6f

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I think the penalty was in the right ballpark. $40,000 is a large amount of money even on Quade's salary.

The suspended part of the sentence basically says that if he errs again, you've got a substantial penalty before the ARU even deals with the new indiscretion. If he breaches the ARU code of conduct to any reasonable degree in the next two years you can pretty much guarantee he'll be gone.

Hopefully Quade has learnt his lesson. It's about time that he does.

Really? For a twenty something year old with no real responsibilities? He won't even feel it.

This is nothing but a limp wristed token action from the ARU.

What hurts players is when they are not allowed to play. That's punishment.

These guys have no concept of the value of money. It comes too easily.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Really? For a twenty something year old with no real responsibilities? He won't even feel it.

How do you know he has no financial responsibilities?

It might not hurt him massively but it is still a hefty financial penalty.

Most people live somewhere towards their means. Presumably he owns property and has mortgage(s). I doubt he lives a student lifestyle and lives in a cheap sharehouse and eats 2 minute noodles.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
This is what is reported in the SMH today by Georgina Robinson, Sports Reporter.

On the basis that ARU have "placed contract negotiations on hold", "withdrew its top-up contract" and is deciding "whether to put its contract offer back on the table", it is a fair assumption that whatever goes "back on the table" will be less than what was previously on the table, and will have some more conditions attached.

Full article here: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/cooper-cops-40000-fine-from-aru-for-outbursts-20121031-28k51.html#ixzz2AvgxZW6f

He is clearly worth a contract, it will depend on whether he gets what he wants I guess. I can not see them increasing his deal

Troy

Jim Clark (26)

“ARU placed contract negotiations with Quade Cooper on hold until the Tribunal process had been finalised,” Mr Carroll said.

“Given the Tribunal has handed down its decision, this matter as far as we are concerned has been finalised.

"ARU will now look at how we address the contract situation involving Quade Cooper.

Full article here - Rugby.com.au

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Jezzz I'm very disappointed... Quade Cooper should have responded in less than 140 characters...

Anyone got a problem of the ARU having QC (Quade Cooper) addressing the media after his hearing?

''I'm very happy with the outcome and, obviously, the sentence that's been handed to me, full respect for that, and I understand that I fell well below par for what it means to be a Wallaby. And for all the supporters who are out there, my apologies,'' he said.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/contrite-cooper-remains-in-limbo-20121031-28kou.html#ixzz2AvxR03Bk

T

TOCC

Jezzz I'm very disappointed. Quade Cooper should have responded in less than 140 characters.

Anyone got a problem of the ARU having QC (Quade Cooper) addressing the media after his hearing?

''I'm very happy with the outcome and, obviously, the sentence that's been handed to me, full respect for that, and I understand that I fell well below par for what it means to be a Wallaby. And for all the supporters who are out there, my apologies,'' he said.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/contrite-cooper-remains-in-limbo-20121031-28kou.html#ixzz2AvxR03Bk

Why? He displayed humility and respect towards the punishment dealt...

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)

This is nothing but a limp wristed token action from the ARU.

What hurts players is when they are not allowed to play. That's punishment.

These guys have no concept of the value of money. It comes too easily.

Or tweet. The perfect punishment was there for the offering I thought.

Can't believe he got fined for criticising a video game. What is the world coming to.

Status
Not open for further replies.