• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
But it hasn't. The ARU's position is far from clear. And then QC (Quade Cooper) has to accept the offer. Or not. There's some twists and turns left.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If ARU and QC (Quade Cooper) can not come to terms on his revised contract offer when/if Matt Carroll decides to reenter negotiations, what are the implications for the Reds Contract he has signed?

Is that contract null if there is no agreed "top up" contract from ARU?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
No. if he does not get a top up, he can honour the Reds contract if the ARU ratify that contract. But if they don't offer a top-up, I guess he'll walk.
I believe.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Time to move on. The offence has happened and the punishment handed down.

The ramifications are still playing out. This thread isn't called the "Quade Cooper proceedings", it's called "Quade telling it how it is", a vague enough title for anybody to discuss basically anything to do with this whole fiasco.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I think Quades punshiment should have been he has to play for the Waratahs in 2013... to help his form of cause...

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So ARU may or may not offer/re-offer a Top up contract. If they do, I suspect it will be at less than what was on the table back in June, how much less will be dictated by the negotiating skills of QC (Quade Cooper)'s management.

ARU may or may not ratify the QRU contract that has been agreed and signed between QC (Quade Cooper) and QRU. If ARU do not ratify the QRU contract, then all bets are off - Yes?

I can not think of a reason why ARU would not ratify a contract between a Super Rugby franchise and a player, especially as it may relate to QC (Quade Cooper) and QRU. Have they ever declined to ratify any contracts?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
So ARU may or may not offer/re-offer a Top up contract. If they do, I suspect it will be at less than what was on the table back in June, how much less will be dictated by the negotiating skills of QC (Quade Cooper)'s management.

ARU may or may not ratify the QRU contract that has been agreed and signed between QC (Quade Cooper) and QRU. If ARU do not ratify the QRU contract, then all bets are off - Yes?

I can not think of a reason why ARU would not ratify a contract between a Super Rugby franchise and a player, especially as it may relate to QC (Quade Cooper) and QRU. Have they ever declined to ratify any contracts?

But QC (Quade Cooper) can walk from the Reds if he doesn't sign with the ARU - and its up to him whether he signs?
There's a lot side issues in this game:
If the ARU low ball him then all of QLD thinks it was a NSW conspiracy so QC (Quade Cooper) didn't play for the Reds;
QC (Quade Cooper) can (maybe) hold that PR nightmare over the ARU's head.
If the ARU offer him enough so that he stays there will be questions from many as to whether they overpaid and whether his punishment was sufficient given that he, in those circumstances, must have been given a healthy top up.
Who called for the mothballing of this thread? its got years to run!

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
There's been a hell of a lot of speculation about the terms of Quade's contract with the Reds, in particular, what the affect of the ARU have in the deal. I would expect that the contract is confidential and that it is all just that; speculation. Does anyone have anything concrete, or are we all just basing our opinions on what was reported in the media?

I feel that Quade really is that important to the Reds, so this whole contracting mess is something that causes me a bit of anxiety. I'd love to know for sure what the deal is. :confused:

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
But QC (Quade Cooper) can walk from the Reds if he doesn't sign with the ARU - and its up to him whether he signs?
There's a lot side issues in this game:
If the ARU low ball him then all of QLD thinks it was a NSW conspiracy so QC (Quade Cooper) didn't play for the Reds;
QC (Quade Cooper) can (maybe) hold that PR nightmare over the ARU's head.
If the ARU offer him enough so that he stays there will be questions from many as to whether they overpaid and whether his punishment was sufficient given that he, in those circumstances, must have been given a healthy top up.
Who called for the mothballing of this thread? its got years to run!

Do you honestly believe that? I find it hard to think that anyone in charge would want to get rid of Quade specifically so he doesn't play for the reds. There may be a rivalry between QLD and NSW on the pitch, but no one is so one-eyed as to want to potentially damage the code for the sake of a win over their rivals.

Seriously.... I'm sick of these bullshit comments.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
There's been a hell of a lot of speculation about the terms of Quade's contract with the Reds, in particular, what the affect of the ARU have in the deal. I would expect that the contract is confidential and that it is all just that; speculation. Does anyone have anything concrete, or are we all just basing our opinions on what was reported in the media?
The Reds contract is meaningless. all it does is stop QC (Quade Cooper) playing for any other Australian franchise in the event QC (Quade Cooper) signs an ARU contract.

The question for the ARU, is do they value QC (Quade Cooper) for his Wallaby contributions and pay him accordingly. Or do they value him what what the Reds perceive to be his off field value to their franchise?

I think Quade has other plans,and his TV appearance was designed to ensure the ARU would not offer him enough cash,thus invalidating his Reds contract.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Do you honestly believe that? I find it hard to think that anyone in charge would want to get rid of Quade specifically so he doesn't play for the reds. There may be a rivalry between QLD and NSW on the pitch, but no one is so one-eyed as to want to potentially damage the code for the sake of a win over their rivals.

Seriously.. I'm sick of these bullshit comments.

Believe what? that the conspiracy theorists will blame NSW?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The Reds contract is meaningless. all it does is stop QC (Quade Cooper) playing for any other Australian franchise in the event QC (Quade Cooper) signs an ARU contract.

Is this your opinion or do you know this for sure? I am genuinely interested. I can't seem to find any articles or the like that actually give definitive details of the contract.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Sporting contracts are a funny thing.

Hypothetically, if Quade decides he desperately doesn't want to play rugby tomorrow it's in nobodies best interests to hold him to his Reds contract, whether they legally can or not.

They'd have to pay someone who doesn't want to be there.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Is this your opinion or do you know this for sure? I am genuinely interested. I can't seem to find any articles or the like that actually give definitive details of the contract.
The Reds contract is about 1/2 of what QC (Quade Cooper) would expect to earn as a Wallaby(The Reds are restricted to how much they can pay any individual due to the salary cap).
The only way you would sign a contract that covered only 50% of what you expect to earn, is to make it conditional upon you agreeing to terms about the other 50%.
Otherwise you would insist on negotiating both agreements simultaneously and sign both contracts at the same time.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
I love coming on this thread ....if I go out late and forget to ring home then my wife will come up with "why can't you be like "x"....If I show her this thread she says...I'm glad I got you...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.