• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Charger, there are two scenarios.
1) QC (Quade Cooper) is even more stupid than even his harshest critics believe.
or
2)He received a better offer after he signed with the Reds, and this circus is his way out.

We should know sooner rather than later, I would think

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I love coming on this thread ..if I go out late and forget to ring home then my wife will come up with "why can't you be like "x"..If I show her this thread she says.I'm glad I got you.:p

I'm not surprised that she's happy that your marriage contract with her isn't just on the proviso that someone else offers you a top up contract as well. :eek:

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
kxay0.gif

T

TOCC

Quade doesn't need a circus act to get out of rugby, his Reds contract is only validated when signed in conjunction with a ARU contract... He could have walked away months ago if he liked..

Their is no need to protect his image as a result of switching codes, players do It all the time.. One code will be pissed they lost and another will be happy...

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I love coming on this thread ..if I go out late and forget to ring home then my wife will come up with "why can't you be like "x"..If I show her this thread she says.I'm glad I got you.:p

This thread has come represent "hope" for me, sure we are tired of it and are slowing down but we all have to keep going so we can reach 100 pages. This is too good an opportunity to waste.

Now I am not sure what will happen when we get there, but I do not think that the celebration at the end of the third Lord of the Rings would be far away from the mark as a guide.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
This thread has come represent "hope" for me, sure we are tired of it and are slowing down but we all have to keep going so we can reach 100 pages. This is too good an opportunity to waste.

Now I am not sure what will happen when we get there, but I do not think that the celebration at the end of the third Lord of the Rings would be far away from the mark as a guide.

What do you mean?

When we get to 100 pages we're going to throw Quade Cooper into Mount Doom?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Quade doesn't need a circus act to get out of rugby, his Reds contract is only validated when signed in conjunction with a ARU contract. He could have walked away months ago if he liked..
I did read somewhere, that The Reds contract was conditional upon QC (Quade Cooper) receiving an equal or higher $$'s from the ARU.
If the Reds did not have "best endeavours" and "acting in good faith" in relation to clauses about the ARU contract I would be quite surprised.
So I would imagine that it is clearcut that QC (Quade Cooper) could walk away in the event of a low offer from the ARU.
But not so clearcut, in the event that he received a good offer from the ARU.

T

TOCC

I did read somewhere, that The Reds contract was conditional upon QC (Quade Cooper) receiving an equal or higher $$'s from the ARU.
If the Reds did not have "best endeavours" and "acting in good faith" in relation to clauses about the ARU contract I would be quite surprised.
So I would imagine that it is clearcut that QC (Quade Cooper) could walk away in the event of a low offer from the ARU.
But not so clearcut, in the event that he received a good offer from the ARU.

It's even then more simple the that, all super rugby players need to sign a contract with the ARU and the Super Rugby club. Super rugby contracts are worth nothing until the player also signs with the ARU.. It's all in the RUPA agreement

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
It's even then more simple the that, all super rugby players need to sign a contract with the ARU and the Super Rugby club. Super rugby contracts are worth nothing until the player also signs with the ARU.. It's all in the RUPA agreement

So how does that fit with the ARU decision some time back to limit the number of "contracted" players to 30 (I think that was the revision, from 50?). Or is that just the maximum number that are eligible for top up payments?

T

TOCC

So how does that fit with the ARU decision some time back to limit the number of "contracted" players to 30 (I think that was the revision, from 50?). Or is that just the maximum number that are eligible for top up payments?

Yeah that figure you are referring to is in reference to the players receiving financial top-ups from the ARU.

Every player who signs with a super rugby team, whether it be an academy/EPS or full contract player ultimately signs with the ARU as well.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yeah that figure you are referring to is in reference to the players receiving financial top-ups from the ARU.

Every player who signs with a super rugby team, whether it be an academy/EPS or full contract player ultimately signs with the ARU as well.

Even marquees? I remember them vetoing Lipman's at first but then allowing it so I'm not sure where they stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.