• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jiggles

Excellent article.

I really enjoy a good Wayne Smith Article. He is the only rugby Jurno in Australia who is brave enough to question the clusterfuck that is the Wallabies and the ARU. He is also one of the few jurnos who has the gonads to call Deans what he is - incompetent.

He is spot on about the messenger bit too. As I pointed out earlier in this thread, had this been everyones favourite 'best bloke' Archie's Dad then the reaction of the usual suspects on here would be completely different. The pitchforks would be out as undeniable proof of the rotten culture inside Camp Wallaby had just been exposed!

It seems the ARU and Deans' Wallabies are a basket case, until Cooper says so..

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
....He is spot on about the messenger bit too. As I pointed out earlier in this thread, had this been everyones favourite 'best bloke' Archie's Dad then the reaction of the usual suspects on here would be completely different. The pitchforks would be out as undeniable proof of the rotten culture inside Camp Wallaby had just been exposed!
But that's the whole point,Archie's Dad is not the sort of guy that would act in this manner.He has not always been 1st pick in the national side.Ever hear him bitching and moaning about it?

J

Jiggles

But that's the whole point,Archie's Dad is not the sort of guy that would act in this manner.He has not always been 1st pick in the national side.Ever hear him bitching and moaning about it?

I have seen him kick it out on the full from the kick off then scream at his forwards..

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Why do all the Tahs fans defend RD when they boo their own side for playing boring rugby?

Cos Tahs fans don't boo there own team, a few do. Gotta be easy on the stereotypes there.

No oneis defending Robbie deans on here anyway. What's happening is Quade has been totally unprofessional so instead of coming up with actual defense of his actions people are bringing up other people in the hope of the actual problem being forgotten.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
A Selection of Opinions on this issue from the Silverfern site.

He makes a lot of noise for somebody who been either injured, shit, or both for over a year now.

It's a very tricky situation for Australia. They have pinned a lot of their hopes to this guy and he sounds like he would skip gleefully to league if he was given the opportunity to play with SBW.....or thrown enough money.

It's the great shame of Aus sport. The Darren Lockyer, Nathan Hindmarsh salt of the earth types are in short supply and the kids end up idolising complete fuck sticks. As a administrator trying to build a campaign around a fucking loser you'd be pulling your hair out.

Yep, the ARU could do a lot worse than getting blokes like Pocock, Horwill, and even Sharpey front and centre in the public consciousness. Unfortunately the promoters prefer the flash fluffybunnys like Cooper and O'Connor, who are by all reports selfish, egomaniacal little fuckheads who can see no further than their bank balance, their twitter account, and the ongoing building of their "brand".

That said, NZ has just spent 2 years watching the SBW circus, so it's not like we are immune

Digby is probably the guy they should promote. He's awesome for a start, looks the part and leads a pretty low key life style. Occasionally he says some stupid things but generally it's harmless.

The problem with Pocock is that he's not particularly good looking. Sharpe is old and retiring and Horwill looks like a giant Matt Giteau. They are great players with their heads screwed on but as far as marketability they aren't probably ticking too many boxes.

Larno

Ward Prentice (10)
A Selection of Opinions on this issue from the Silverfern site.

He makes a lot of noise for somebody who been either injured, shit, or both for over a year now.

It's a very tricky situation for Australia. They have pinned a lot of their hopes to this guy and he sounds like he would skip gleefully to league if he was given the opportunity to play with SBW...or thrown enough money.

It's the great shame of Aus sport. The Darren Lockyer, Nathan Hindmarsh salt of the earth types are in short supply and the kids end up idolising complete fuck sticks. As a administrator trying to build a campaign around a fucking loser you'd be pulling your hair out.

Yep, the ARU could do a lot worse than getting blokes like Pocock, Horwill, and even Sharpey front and centre in the public consciousness. Unfortunately the promoters prefer the flash fluffybunnys like Cooper and O'Connor, who are by all reports selfish, egomaniacal little fuckheads who can see no further than their bank balance, their twitter account, and the ongoing building of their "brand".

That said, NZ has just spent 2 years watching the SBW circus, so it's not like we are immune

Digby is probably the guy they should promote. He's awesome for a start, looks the part and leads a pretty low key life style. Occasionally he says some stupid things but generally it's harmless.

The problem with Pocock is that he's not particularly good looking. Sharpe is old and retiring and Horwill looks like a giant Matt Giteau. They are great players with their heads screwed on but as far as marketability they aren't probably ticking too many boxes.

Even as a part time Wallaby fan, I see a lot of sense in some of those comments. One would whether if there's any chance of saving QC (Quade Cooper) and JOC (James O'Connor) from disappearing completely up their own arses now, and indeed if there's any hope of stopping Kurtley from pissing away his career. Can't help but feel that the Gen Y boys need to sort themselves out.

O

Ole Two Blue

what a silly boy.............and where was his 'esteemed' manager telling him to bite his lip before it got to what it did?

One thing the All Black players do really well off field is maintain their humility. It's a shame this Kiwi skipped class that day!

His comments remind me of Mal Meninga's comments during the Super League War when Mal so intelligently replied to a question as to why he signed for News Limited 'what has rugby league ever done for me?'

Quade has just bitten the hand that feeds him. If he gets exposed defensively in rugby, how does he really think he's going to go in the mungoes where he'll be asked to make 20-30 tackles a match?

Personally, the sooner QC (Quade Cooper) fucks off to the Roosters the better. He is a train wreck.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
David Pocock is intelligent, came from a rough upbringing (though admittedly went to privet school), and is a Tripple J darling. If Australia's 18-30s can fall inlove with him for his sense of humour and opinions why wouldn't the youngsters?

Sure, he can't throw as flashy passes but he has a physique to aspire to and smashes guys, kids dig both those things.

Build a marketing campaign around him. Pat McCabe would be a 2nd option for similar reasons but he's nowhere near as media savy.

PS. The ironic thing is David Pocock's brand (questions time, triple j, charity work) shits all over JOC (James O'Connor)'s (supplement ads, pretty boy, etc).

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Would you be happy if you were Jim?

As Grandpa Jarse used to say there is always two ways to skin a cat, a right way and a wrong way.

Not that there was a lot of cat skinning done around our place, and I never received instruction in the authorised Cat Skinning procedure, despite frequent reminders of the existance of two contrasting approaches.
That could be the same problem here: no one told him the right way to deal with a problem.
But it appears his agenda may have been QC1 rugby 2.

QUADE COOPER is on the verge of walking away from rugby union.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/a...-into-touch-20120924-26hi8.html#ixzz27PnhJZND

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
And wasn't it such a hateful, spiteful attack from Deans. After being ASKED a specific question- 'did you think of benching Quade' he responded with... wait for it... "Yes, it did cross our mind". Ouch, that's stinging. A coach saying they considered benching a player, that is just uncalled for and I dare say it. mean.
And, frankly, who didn't?
All the Shoulders wanted him hooked - and recognized what a huge call that would be.
Deans would have looked like a liar and/or a very poor judge of football if he had said no.
QC (Quade Cooper) was lucky he didn't and Deans probably showed good nerve by leaving him on despite his instinct to hook him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
That Deans has allowed this situation to happen re QC (Quade Cooper) speaks very highly of his lack of man-management skills.
That QC (Quade Cooper) gave vent to his frustrations is a poor decision on his part - he only needed to wait until the end of the year and the reason for his frustrations will in all probability no longer be there.
For mine, I'd rather see QC (Quade Cooper) in the wallabies playing against the British Lions, than Robbie Deans being the coach.
Now, moving on to JON and his tenure at ARU. This will probably also have ramifications for him, now that this situation has come out of the box to bite him. He carries the ultimate responsibility.
For instance why are the ARU taking so long to sign contracts with Wallaby players. I'm certain this is one source of players' frustrations and if there is/are a reason/s why doesn't the ARU make them open. We are talking about transparency of corporations these days...but not seeing it from JON and his board.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Channelling women's gossip mags for a moment: Everything has gone downhill for QC (Quade Cooper) since Stephanie Rice dumped him, almost to the day. You could draw a graph of his performance when he was with her and after her and it would look like a GFC timeline. Get her back I say.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
This Whole situation is crap. I'm pissed off with Quade and I'm pissed off with the ARU.

I can only see two possible ways this can be resolved.
1. A compromise. Quade apologizes and says it was in appropriate to use Twitter to voice his frustrations. The ARU to listen to Quade's concerns and publically state they will investigate them and then actually do it and endeavor to fix the issue. Hawker this is your call.
2. Quade quits Australian rugby.

Unfortunately I think it's going to be option 2.

I don't like the way he has gone about this, but on the other hand it was the elephant in the room no one in the Wallaby set up wanted to talk about. It's here now and should be delt with. If Cooper leaves the issue does not leave with him.

I'll be really disappointed if he leaves. I will also be disappointed for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.