• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

.....is that a slab for every poster that has gone before on this thread....damn!

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I can see both sides of this. In the end I think if Quade really was 'committed' to playing for the Wallabies, and had any pride in the jersey, he would suck it up and take the deal.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he being given a very similar deal to what Sharpie got circa 2010? Look at his response- the last two years has pushed him from a good player to a Wallaby legend. THere is no reason why Quade couldn't do the same.

To bust out an old phrase- "Don't get bitter, get better". Sharpie got better. It looks like we now can see which option QC (Quade Cooper) has taken.

However I will wait until I hear it from QCs mouth. I don't trust Danny Weidler at all, he's just Khoder's mouthpiece. Although the silence on Quade's twitter tonight has been deafening.

I have heard that sharpie is on different match payments to everyone else this year. Apparently a lot more.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I'd like to thank quade and the aru for getting this thread to 100 pages. To think someone suggested shutting it down when he got his licks about 20 pages ago. This is what can be achieved with grit.
Sure there are a couple of pages since then involving sniper shot across the tweed but its not how you play the game it's whether you win or lose that counts.
In other news the rumour has spread to Brad Walter and Georgina Robinson: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/a...s-door-for-cooper-to-walk-20121119-29m36.html

But it's still very light on sources, even unnamed ones. Playing cricket in the gong with Dell and some other Mungoes is pretty weak as far as circumstantial evidence is concerned.
I'm tipping 150 pages by months end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Anyone got that quote where QC (Quade Cooper) said he'd happily just play for the Reds? Hasn't he just got what he asked for?

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Anyone got that quote where QC (Quade Cooper) said he'd happily just play for the Reds? Hasn't he just got what he asked for?
There has also been speculation Cooper would join stable-mate Sonny Bill Williams in rugby league or play rugby overseas. "Money has nothing to do with it," Cooper said.

"If money had anything to do with it, I definitely wouldn't be speaking out. If you speak out against a company, it's not going to raise your price. If anything, it's going to devalue it.

"I've got a contract with the Reds that I'm happy with. I'm happy to fulfil that contract and play the Reds season."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...played-last-test/story-e6frg7o6-1226482973402

It's going to devalue the contract he says, well it did and now he is complaining?

Larno

Ward Prentice (10)

Seems a long time ago now no?

A talented player wrecked by reading his own press.

Mind the door on the way out Quade.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
From today's Australian
MERCURIAL playmaker Quade Cooper is believed to be lost to Australian rugby after receiving a contract offer from the Australian Rugby Union that he regarded as an insult.

Quade is insulted by the offer and is off to boxing. Now let's go back 2010. Quade was insulted by the ARU's offer and was off to the Eels. Is there a theme developing here? I wonder what Khoder's mode of operandi is?

The Eels are believed to have offered Cronk $850,000 and that deal has now been made available to Cooper, who is said to have been insulted by the ARU's initial offer of a $100,000 increase on his $260,000-per-season deal.

Www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/rugby-union/outraged-quade-cooper-quits-wallabies/story-e6frg7o6-1226519902884

rugbyisfun

Jimmy Flynn (14)
In my eyes the ARU have handled this just as poorly and just as petulantly as Cooper. On one side we have professional businessmen and negotiators which you would assume some intelligence, on the other side we have a young rugby player of questionable intelligence.

Who would you expect to handle the situation better and more evenly? Who should therefore deserve more criticism?
Here , bloody here...

The ARU once again show how inept they are.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Am I wrong,or has QC (Quade Cooper) had an offer on the table all year, that got withdrawn and a lesser one offered??

T

TOCC

If the ARU let one of the games biggest draw cards slip through their fingers then it just proves how inept they are..

In a year when the NRL is welcoming back SBW and Folau, rugby union will losing Quade..... I wonder which way the sponsors and fans are going to turn...p

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Until now, I've always had respect for the ARU.
But when they penalise a player's pride, and you do need pride to play international rugby, by effectively issuing a second punishment after the first, and suggesting he is not a top 30 player, the ARU don't deserve to have the fans respect.
This is a very low act , and is another case of the ARU thinking that because of QC (Quade Cooper)'s loyalty to the Reds, then they can get away with a minimum payment.

All this on top of over delayed payment offers to Ginea, Pocock, and previously Cooper, for which none of them have been impressed with the ARU.

It is time that the ARU showed more transparency with their stakeholders. As it stands, that's where the 'toxic environment' truly lies.

Eternity

Stan Wickham (3)
Are the ARU and the other states really that intent on dismantling the revival of Queensland rugby? Maybe it’s because the QRU has been showing them up by demonstrating how much better a job they should be doing. The vitriol and bile directed towards Quade by Waratahs fans is a case in point. It’s sheer jealousy and spite, nothing more. If Quade had won them a Super Rugby title, they’d be howling at the ARU right now. But they’re so bitter that they’d rather drag everyone else down to their level of mediocrity. This is only going to hurt Australian rugby as a whole, because it needs Queensland far more than any other state at the moment. A large majority of the growth in TV viewers and player participation over the last couple of years has been in Queensland. The statistics would be terrible otherwise.

If Queensland starts losing, or are forced to play ugly, Waratahs-style rugby due to the loss of Quade, watch how quickly those stats drop, and then the ARU are, as usual, going to look like fools. And just wait until the Wallabies suffer another France-like incident. We all know it’s inevitable. Australian rugby is very, very sick, I'm sad to say, and doesn't look like recovering any time soon.

Nelse

Chris McKivat (8)
I don't know how many times this needs to be said, the ARU offered Quade a contract and he is rejecting it.

I think its more the dramatic change in the amount he was offered the ARU is the problem to most people who are frustrated with the ARU's handling of this. According to Marto on the radio last night (maybe only a marginally better source than that grub Weidler) Quade was originally offered the highest of any Australian player by $1. Apparently it was a matter of principle that he be offered the highest.

I feel sorry for Quade. Its pretty clear he has been advised badly and has handled the whole situation poorly from the outset. The ARU have been little better, but its hard to negotiate contracts when they are finding out on the nine news of the latest developments along with everyone else. I think that they don't like been essentially given the finger by this guy who has numerous times verbalised his desire to play for their leading competitors in the NRL and who has been in trouble a few times that have been officially reported.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I don't know how many times this needs to be said, the ARU offered Quade a contract and he is rejecting it.

I don't know, how many times? I'm not sure why you feel this needs to be kept repeating. Most of the posters here are fully aware of that. Some of us though question whether, despite his conduct, he is not deserving of a better offer as we feel he has demonstrated an ability to put bums on seats (which has benefits for all of Australian Rugby) and that there should be some reflection of this in his offer. Hardly a novel concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.