• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qualifying Final 2: Brumbies v Chiefs. Sat. 19/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So Ponies are off to Christchurch or up the Hume Highway.

Christchurch - If the Clan win in Safferland.
Sydney - If the Shorks win.

Go The Clan.

M

Moono75

Funny thing is 15,000 brumbies supporters will now fly to Christchurch.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So they can lose by 4?

No, take the points on offer, give yourself a chance to get the ball back & go for the match-winner. Better option IMO than going for the try then trying to either manufacture a DG or hope you get awarded a kickable penalty. Obviously didn't work on this occasion but doesn't make it wrong.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
wow, great game. Chiefs go out like the raging maniacal horsedicked champions that they are.

a bonebrained play and a bonebrained call from cap'n Messam, a couple of wobbly penalty misses from One Nut and that was that. Leilafano off the hook for stuffing up 2 right in front.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Aye - Brumbies squeak a win thanks primarily to 2 stupid Chiefs moments.
Yep, what was with that stupid pass between the legs to no-one which the brumbies pounced on. They were on attack 5 metres out and turned over the ball.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No, take the points on offer, give yourself a chance to get the ball back & go for the match-winner. Better option IMO than going for the try then trying to either manufacture a DG or hope you get awarded a kickable penalty.

Um no a try couldve possibly tied the game. Going down by 4 means you need to score a try anyway and you lose all field position. There's seriously no way you can argue it was the wrong call, couldn't be more clear cut. Rod Kafer is a moron and Brumbies supporter anyway.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Fantastic match! Well done Brumbies, but this was one of those games that would have been fair to see either side win.

Seriously hoping the Highlanders now upset the Sharks :D - would much prefer the Crusaders face the Brums in that form haha.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Pretty sure the Cantabs won't let 15000 of the 18000 tickets go to the bad guys either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Don't know who the fuck Lilo's kicking coach is, but he needs to be spending 4hrs a day for the next week analysing and correcting.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Maybe not but the way he struck it and the reasoning behind doing so makes me believe he did. It was going left right off the tee.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Cracking game. Wish White didn't decimate Kerr-Barlow so badly for my dream team's sake but great for the Brumbies. Tahs will be nervous now I'd think. Brumbies presumably already on the bus to Sydney.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Unlikely. 15000 Ponies supporters couldn't even be bothered finding a warm coat, gloves and scarf to go to a game in their own town.
And yet we'll still have more atmosphere at our ground than you will at a Tahs game. Might have only been 15,000 but it felt like 10000 more. Awesome game to be at.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Cracking game. Wish White didn't decimate Kerr-Barlow so badly for my dream team's sake but great for the Brumbies. Tahs will be nervous now I'd think. Brumbies presumably already on the bus to Sydney.
I though Kerr-Barlow going off was a mistake. Pulu was a loose cannon out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.