• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qualifying Final 2: Brumbies v Chiefs. Sat. 19/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Did someone on this site really award White the motm?

What are they thinking?

He changed the game flow from running to aimless kicking, dissipating the ponies' good lead, and then his F-up at 72 minutes almost handed the game to the Chiefs.

He also needs to learn to put the ball in front of the receiver running on to it.

If he was Sydney Uni he'd be Sluggy's MOTM.....,,,,

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Amazing game!

Leali'ifano was almost guilty of an incredible loss. Never again should be called for the Wallabies. His kicks performance was very bad and the kicking is the only thing he does well

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That's a really crap reply

Sluggy is a regular over at the Planet Rugby forum...........

He's obsessed with Nic White...........

He posts more about Nic White than qwerty does about Quade Cooper............

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anyways...........

Any word on Carter?

Apparently re-injured his ankle during the warmup, but it certainly didn't slow him down...........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I was in the Turf Bar last night watching the match and dying for a piss when Lilo was lining up that last penalty attempt, and I just had to go...........

While I was in the toilet I couldn't tell what was going on because the crowd was split 50/50...........

Thankfully I came out to see the Brumbies' celebrating the win.............

Man it was a good piss.............

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
White was man of the match without doubt.

Good win Brumbies. I think they will be licking their lips at the thought of facing the Tahs set piece.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Don't know who the fuck Lilo's kicking coach is, but he needs to be spending 4hrs a day for the next week analysing and correcting.

His kicking last night had eliminated the hooked curve that had been apparent in recent matches. That is a big improvement and now he needs only to concentrate on Direction. Was much better than in any games since his return from injury. Will only get better from now on.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I thought Joubers was really good.

The only time the game was starting to get away from him was straight after the Speight card. He kind of blocked White on the try line but it was heading back for a penalty and the brumbies were pushing the line hard, so he just awarded the try and carried on. Good refereeing.

I was deeply disappointed in Joubers awarding Kerr-Barlow's try then. At least one, maybe two, Brumbies defenders were (illiegally) taken out behind the ruck and TKB simply folllowed through in the gap created to put the ball down.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
I don't watch too many S15 games but, while down my sons yesterday I watched
Brumbies V chiefs
I couldn't believe the first 20 min when the brumbies where so dominant, in fairness to the chiefs they did come back and it was any ones at the end but, the brumbies winger is a real find for you, Very strong good angles and the pass out the back door was sublime.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Don't know who the fuck Lilo's kicking coach is, but he needs to be spending 4hrs a day for the next week analysing and correcting.

If you have a look at the stats he actually only missed three kicks - however I would suggest you go and watch a replay of all the kicks then watch the last attempt that hooked hard left - ask yourself does the last kick different in anyway as it seem to hook like no other kick he took on the night and was it deliberate to get possession back. Whatever way you decide I don't think missing one more kick (possibly intentionally) than Cruden did is a big deal in the context of things and his kicking is improving.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Anyways.....

Any word on Carter?

Apparently re-injured his ankle during the warmup, but it certainly didn't slow him down.....

From a quick chat after the game he believed it was ok and didn't seem to distressed by it. He suggested the ankle management plan was "just keep picking and driving!" There was a fleeting moment of man love when he said those words!:rolleyes:

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
If you have a look at the stats he actually only missed three kicks - however I would suggest you go and watch a replay of all the kicks then watch the last attempt that hooked hard left - ask yourself does the last kick different in anyway as it seem to hook like no other kick he took on the night and was it deliberate to get possession back. Whatever way you decide I don't think missing one more kick (possibly intentionally) than Cruden did is a big deal in the context of things and his kicking is improving.
Or does he crack under pressure. What's he kicking at this year, 50%?

Feel free to tell yourself every things OK though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom