• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Reds 2024

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Write up of the youth coaching forum from the Reds:

A lot has been made about the lack of coaching development in the game in Australia over the past decade or two, and there's no denying it's a massive issue, so seeing the work Sean Graham has done at Nudgee building this event over the last few years is incredibly heartening for the game. Really good to see the buy in has been there from the QRU from the start and that this is now drawing in guest speakers and attendees from all over the world.

Last edited:

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)

But Thorn’s been replaced by Les Kiss this year, who says any of Lynagh, veteran James O’Connor, Lawson Creighton or Junior Wallabies graduate Harry McLaughlin-Phillips could wear the No.10.

Adding another twist to that is Lynagh’s revelation to AAP that he’s carrying a minor back niggle that could keep him sidelined for pre-season trials against the Western Force and NSW Waratahs over the next fortnight.
I hope this is not related
Lynagh has bulked up since the Reds’ gutting quarter-final loss to the Chiefs and is excited by what Kiss will bring back from years coaching in Europe.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)

I don't think so, the article states he's had the niggle on and off since school:
“There’s plenty of choice at 10, it’s all up for grabs and nobody’s really sure what will happen,” he told AAP, the twang developed during his time at Surrey’s rugby institution Epsom College all-but gone.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
"Bulked up" is my favourite part of that.

Need that for his durability and ability to get through contact like Foley could in his good years with those darting runs. His brother has definitely filled out over the past couple of seasons.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)

Looks like he's going to be right for the 2nd trial:
Tom Lynagh, one of 2023’s most impressive Reds debutants, was not considered for this game but is expected to play minutes against the Waratahs in Roma now he has returned to training after a back niggle.

The Marketing Pigeon

Herbert Moran (7)

Reds Rick

Stan Wickham (3)
Yep it’s Jim. New head of media for the Reds.
Got to say that sounds like a great outcome. Don’t know if all that additional content coming out of the reds lately has been down to him but if so, keep it coming Jim. Hell was even watching 9 news just before and they did a reasonably lengthy preview of the trial game tomorrow, straight after the broncos news and before the cricket and soccer. Don’t think I’ve seen that for a very long time.

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)
This the one?
Nothing against James but you’d think there’d be more creative and inspired choices for director positions at a professional sporting franchise, assuming they’re aspiring to be a greater organisation than the past? What point of difference does he bring? More group think occurs with this type of appointment which is a common mistake of Boards particularly sporting ones.
And it does nothing to dispel the old GPS school tie connections running things.
Just disappointing.