• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

R7: Waratahs vs Sunwolves - Friday 29 March @ Newcastle

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Hanigan seems to've improved in leaps and bounds this year, much more physical at the breakdown and doesn't stop like a shot rabbit when tackled. Ned's lineout work is/has always been first-rate but, I'd like to see a few more cm and a couple of kg for a second-rower.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Results of all games this year have been very hard to predict. Even the Hurricanes have won by 50 one week and been beaten by nearly as much the next. Form just about means nothing.

At first glance, on form, this should be an easy win for the Tahs. And really it needs to be or else they will be languishing along with the Brumbies near the bottom again. The one cautionary note I have though is that the Crusaders last week were not anywhere near their full strength, with both first choice props Moody and Franks, Barrett, Read and Mo'unga all missing. On top of that, the replacement No 10 was all over the shop. It was probably the most inept performance I've seen from a NZ Super Rugby player.

Unless the Tahs show more improvement they will find the Sunwolves are no easy pushover. Although. the same week they have been cut from the competition by SANZAAR will probably be quite morale-beating.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Results of all games this year have been very hard to predict. Even the Hurricanes have won by 50 one week and been beaten by nearly as much the next. Form just about means nothing.

At first glance, on form, this should be an easy win for the Tahs. And really it needs to be or else they will be languishing along with the Brumbies near the bottom again. The one cautionary note I have though is that the Crusaders last week were not anywhere near their full strength, with both first choice props Moody and Franks, Barrett, Read and Mo'unga all missing. On top of that, the replacement No 10 was all over the shop. It was probably the most inept performance I've seen from a NZ Super Rugby player.

Unless the Tahs show more improvement they will find the Sunwolves are no easy pushover. Although. the same week they have been cut from the competition by SANZAAR will probably be quite morale-beating.
*capped All Black (lol)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yeah he isn't, which is why it's funny that he got a cap for the greatest ever team in all of sporting sports.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

The reality of this season is that every side is rotating units in and out each week and despite not having Moody and Franks, Barrett, Read and Mo'unga, it wasn't a crap side on paper, but they looked emotionally not there.

And the Tahs are in the same boat this week more players rotating in and out. If they keep their structures they will do OK

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
He underplays it all right. To the point of invisibility. Again, maybe I have missed something: will start looking harder and concentrating more.

My concern Wamb is that in a number of SS games I've seen him play, he has been essentially the same - non-impactful tending towards invisible.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
According to some of the Foley haters commenting on the match preview, Mason is already a better player than Foley.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Doesn't alter the fact he had an absolute shocker. Personally, I wouldn't consider him to be a Super Rugby standard player let alone an AB.

Cameron being an AB last year is one of the weirdest selections I can remember. It was widely panned. The only reason he got a call up was because Perofeta was injured but even so - if he played for any other province/franchise I highly doubt he would have been selected.