• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RC - Wallabies vs Springboks, Gold Coast Sunday 12 September 8:05 PM

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ that's the spirit KOB! Most of us will support our fellow ANZACs, I think, esp as if you do manage to knock SA over & we can avoid losing to Argentina it will substantially close the gap between AB & bokke.
C'mon WOB, while I agree that KOB has exactly the spirit I want supporteres of team to have. I a lot will support fellow ANZACs , but NOT because if Wobs win it will help ABs close gap. I not worried about rankings, but if they are to be closed I want it to be through AB's results, not someone else doing job for us!! ;)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
C'mon WOB, while I agree that KOB has exactly the spirit I want supporteres of team to have. I a lot will support fellow ANZACs , but NOT because if Wobs win it will help ABs close gap. I not worried about rankings, but if they are to be closed I want it to be through AB's results, not someone else doing job for us!! ;)
Hasn't been loads of ANZAC spirit lately.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Backline I’d like to see v South Africa…..
9 Tate, 10 JOC (James O'Connor),12 Kerevi, 13 Petaia, 14 Kellaway, 11 Marika and Hodge at fullback….if JOC (James O'Connor) not fully fit, Hodge to play 10, Kellaway back to fullback and give Wright another crack on the wing……Noah to bench…love to throw Quade in on bench …..can’t tackle though.
He may have learned how to? I hear JOC (James O'Connor) is fit so maybe in the bench for his 1st test back? He might start.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Who was captain when Hooper left the field?

I can't remember if Rennie ever officially named any vice-captains?

According to a lazy google search, it was unofficially Slipper last year and it was supposed to be JOC (James O'Connor) this year...
Slipper

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I would like to see Petaia at 13 as well. Get the ball in his hands and have him more involved. BT only pushed him onto the wing as he had too many centres with Petaia the most capable in the back 3.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Not convinced by Petaia I'm afraid. Wonderful athlete and dangerous runner with the ball, full stop. Poor positional play in defence (not saying he can't tackle), takes poor options, poor ball security. Possibly off the bench at best, but for mine needs a solid, injury free Super season at least to start to put together the rest of his game.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Not convinced by Petaia I'm afraid. Wonderful athlete and dangerous runner with the ball, full stop. Poor positional play in defence (not saying he can't tackle), takes poor options, poor ball security. Possibly off the bench at best, but for mine needs a solid, injury free Super season at least to start to put together the rest of his game.
Just does not strike me as a smart footballer.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
To me, you guys have to play Kerevi at 12 to counter de Allende who is going to run at Lolesio all day long.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
To me, you guys have to play Kerevi at 12 to counter de Allende who is going to run at Lolesio all day long.
That wouldn't concern me too much - Lolesio can tackle, he made a few really good one-on-one tackles on the weekend.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Would love to see this 23 but I am beginning to worry that as Rennie feels the wallabies benefit from thrashings he may wish to persist with under performers
I like it

But I don't like Lolesio on the bench, I don't think he would really bring much to the game, gotta be a brain, an improved To'omua or an impact Quade. Plus Daugunu still injured so thinking Petaia slots in there.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
That wouldn't concern me too much - Lolesio can tackle, he made a few really good one-on-one tackles on the weekend.
Ok. Be aware that the Bok strategy has been to use de Allende to force the opposing 10 to make a LOT of tackles. I have no doubt they will target him with ball runners and hard hits like they did against G Ford and Biggar. Eventually, it wears them down. Just saying the obvious.

Reactions: dru

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Might be a combination JOC (James O'Connor) and White if JOC (James O'Connor) is back or Slipper and White if he's not. With Ala'alatoa out there aren't many more experienced players to give it to. Pete Samu might be a smokey for it though?
Hodge, if JOC (James O'Connor) is out.

Tah Man

Larry Dwyer (12)
Surely Lolesio is done at 10 for a little while. Will certainly need Kerevi there to protect QC (Quade Cooper) though

Reactions: dru

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Unless we have been playing possum all year it would be a miracle if we win against the boks tbh.

The Boks just too physical and too complete compared to what has been an extremely poor wallaby outfit this year.