• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RC - Wallabies vs Springboks, Gold Coast Sunday 12 September 8:05 PM

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I owe a huge apology to Rennie & Cooper. Genuinely was pulling my hair out at his call. Turns out Rennie knows more than I do. What a journey from Quade.
I’ve been up Rennie a bit lately, but I genuinely think we are pushing shit up hill playing the ABs twice at the start of every RC, three times this year, and often read too much into that. Jury is out though, we need to make some inroads up the world rankings. We’ve just jumped to 5th, if we can hold that to the end of the year it’s a low pass, up to 4th would be a good result.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I’ve been watching Kerevi since club footy days and he’s got the amazing ability to play the same
game each time he rises in level - that powerful bump and run game has served him well.

Tonight though I saw some genuine evolution from him at this level. Seemed to identify space much better with both his pass and running game.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
People have been trashing SBW on Stan but I think he’s awesome.

There aren’t too many people who you can have in studio who knows and understands these games and these players and these moments like he does.
I think Sbw is awesome as a player but yeh sorry not a fan of him as media commentator. He has his L plates on as media commentator but struggles to get his sentences out and yes may get better. But no at this point not someone I enjoy as a media commentator as only so many bro comments I can take. knowledge of the game undeniable but ability to communicate not so good as a commentator at this point.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
It’ll be interesting to see the stats - but I thought Cooper was very good when he had to tackle too. Went low, used his shoulder.

I'm not sure he was particularly effective (unlike Tate and White for instance) but he sure as hell was committed. Completely put his body on the line.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Kerevi makes a hell of a difference. Just dump it to him and he’ll make a halfbreak. Pretty phenomenal exponent of that Fijian shrug, sheds a tackler from a standing start every time.
I actually think Kerevi and Paisami might go well together.

I have been guilty of referring to Paisami as Kerevi Lite, but I think his hard running off a Kerevi offload would be great. Ikitau hasn’t brought a whole lot so far.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I think Sbw is awesome as a player but yeh sorry not a fan of him as media commentator. He has his L plates on as media commentator but struggles to get his sentences out and yes may get better. But no at this point not someone I enjoy as a media commentator as only so many bro comments I can take. knowledge of the game undeniable but ability to communicate not so good as a commentator at this point.
Hes alright. He probably connects with the islander pop pretty well.