• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RC4 - Australia v Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Apparently the capacity of Robina stadium is 27000. From the tv shots the crowd looked pretty sparse. Was there any announcement of the actual numbers?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
That wasn’t the reason they deserved to win, both decisions were correct even if I’d rather no TMO.

It was the 50 missed tackles, the 7 or 8 bombed tries, and the 100 dropped balls.
No it wasn’t why they deserved to win but whether these TMO calls go for or against us I’ll call them out as nonsense.

Both were 50/50 calls which should have been called by the on field officials

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Apparently the capacity of Robina stadium is 27000. From the tv shots the crowd looked pretty sparse. Was there any announcement of the actual numbers?

About 16K based off twitter reports. Just above the 14229 crowd at the Puma's game in Canberra last year.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'd be grateful if someone could explain to me how Beale starts at 10 when he should be at 12, To'omua starts at 12 when he should be at 10, Beale spends most of the match running sideways, To'omua was one of our best while he was on the field, then To'omua gets hooked and Foley comes on at 10 and Beale goes to 12. It reads like an Abbott and Costello routine.

Toumua is the best 10 in the country - better kicking and running game than Foley, better passing and defensive game than Beale and a better goal kicker than either of them.

I've been a Cheika fan since he started at the Waratahs, but it's getting ragged.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Fox sports team cringeworthy apologists for a dreadful performance after three years of dreadful performances.

You need to watch Channel 10 if you are able to receive it. Matt Burke is about the best analyst in world rugby commentary at the moment, Sharpey is insighful and Gordon just does his thing.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I'd be grateful if someone could explain to me how Beale starts at 10 when he should be at 12, To'omua starts at 12 when he should be at 10, Beale spends most of the match running sideways, To'omua was one of our best while he was on the field, then To'omua gets hooked and Foley comes on at 10 and Beale goes to 12. It reads like an Abbott and Costello routine.

Toumua is the best 10 in the country - better kicking and running game than Foley, better passing and defensive game than Beale and a better goal kicker than either of them.

I've been a Cheika fan since he started at the Waratahs, but it's getting ragged.

Id agree with your post but the problem with To'omua being the best 10 in the country is that he hasn't been in the country to prove that, and previous showing haven't proved that to be the point. This game he certainly didn't get the chance to with Beale running more metres Crossfield that the Wallabies made forwards all night. Maybe some will now recall that this is exactly what he did every time he was met with an efficient defence when he played 10 at the Tahs. Beale is a complete individual as a player, he will occasionally loo to set up plays in depth but general looks to do everything himself then offload, he manages to crowd out his outside players more often than not with the idiots with microphones saying 'oh its just lack of combinations the outside backs need to be running switching lines off Beale etc etc.' well that would work if Beale actually passed before he ran out of room or into the umbrella defence on one of his cross field jaunts.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
And before signing off for the night, I'd make the following point (not blaming Pocock for the loss, just pointing something out):

Hooper didn't play, Pocock played 7 all night and yet we still lost.

So, maybe Michael Hooper isn't such a bad player at all?

Maybe having Pocock at 7 isn't the answer to all our forward based problems and breakdown issues?

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Beale is undroppable, evidently.

He isn't a good enough defender (painfully obvious to anyone watching sober) to play 12 (no, executing a tackle only after help arrives and youve been dragged 5m upfield isnt test level defence)
and he isn't a 10. But whatever, he'll keep getting picked.

K974

Allen Oxlade (6)
Fox sports team cringeworthy apologists for a dreadful performance after three years of dreadful performances.

They never once say it how it is cos they have the rights , compare against bbc rte Bskyb and it’s chslk and cheese
They may as well be a bunch of fans or paid promotional girls on that panel

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Id agree with your post but the problem with To'omua being the best 10 in the country is that he hasn't been in the country to prove that, and previous showing haven't proved that to be the point. This game he certainly didn't get the chance to with Beale running more metres Crossfield that the Wallabies made forwards all night. Maybe some will now recall that this is exactly what he did every time he was met with an efficient defence when he played 10 at the Tahs. Beale is a complete individual as a player, he will occasionally loo to set up plays in depth but general looks to do everything himself then offload, he manages to crowd out his outside players more often than not with the idiots with microphones saying 'oh its just lack of combinations the outside backs need to be running switching lines off Beale etc etc.' well that would work if Beale actually passed before he ran out of room or into the umbrella defence on one of his cross field jaunts.

It's been proven again, and again that Beale isn't at his best when he has to run the game from 10. He's at his best when someone else runs the game from 10 and Beale is able to overcall at select moments against a disorganised defensive line. Cheika has witnessed this himself, so I'm struggling to comprehend it all.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Don't overthink it QH, this coach has never demonstrated selection or tactical nous. Its not his thing.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Ugly scenes after the match. The players were signing autographs/talking to fans and a crowd member grabbed Tui, started abusing him and wouldn't let go

@BlockaDutton: Woah. Understand frustration from wallabies fans, but no room for this. Ugly at the Gold Coast. Push and shove between fans and players https://t.co/rIduG6ajgj

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.