• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 1 SRA 2021 Queensland Reds v NSFW Waratahs

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
One injury will solve the problem. In the unlikely event this doesn’t happen I expect there will be rotation in the starting side to keep guys fresh.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
One injury will solve the problem. In the unlikely event this doesn’t happen I expect there will be rotation in the starting side to keep guys fresh.
Yep, we are well placed with options for a formidable backline and great to have discussions about who you leave out as opposed to who is up to standard.

Not so confident with our pack .

Already had one injury that has cost us both our skipper and our most versatile forward. Don’t think we would be well placed if TT was also added to the list .

We have potentially a great backline , not much value though without the pigs to feed them .

That’s my worry .

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I think it will be a close game with the Tahs possibly even with their noses in front, up until the point that the Tahs B front row gets pitched against the Reds A one. The wheels will likely fall off right there.

secretly I have faith though

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I am quite excited for this.

QuickGeneralElephantbeetle-small.gif

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I'm kind of fond of 11: Daugunu; 12: Stewart; 15: Campbell. Vunivalu to prove himself. It's all a bit busy for Paisami and Petaia. I don't doubt that the betting man would back them to take whatever position they want. But they will need to take it.

Wing for Petaia this weekend should be interesting.

I think the best 13s are very smart defenders, who will also beat defenders and put their winger away in space

Petia @ 13 hits 2 out of the 3

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Is there a better way to start the season than the Festival of Hate?

Very excited though wary, I actually like the look of this 'tahs side. There is real quality and as others have said a lot of peeps are really underestimating them. They'll be ready to play.

Riding past HQ at Daceyville, they've been looking strong and hungry. The latte machine is still a worry ;)

We should still edge them I reckon the extra year and a bit our main blokes have under their belt over and above the young tahs should get us over the line. Looking forward to our current back row, nigh on perfect for me. Locks a bit iffy still I'd prefer a hardened grizzled bloke here, a Dan Gorman would've been perfect in this situation.

Backs I have no concerns, good to see Stewart there. He was the best back by a country mile last year. Woefully underappreciated except by the bloke that matters, Mr Thorn. He knows his stuff.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Being a Reds supporter I am pretty concerned about this game. I actually think the Tahs will get over us. I cannot shake the feeling. Perhaps it is the pessimist in me or perhaps it is because they actually have a really good starting 15. Lots of up and coming players. I'm particularly interested to see how Harris goes, I have a feeling last year was just 1 year too early for him.

The reds pack isn't filling me with confidence, starting or bench.

The backline contest should be really interesting. Fingers crossed for a good game of foot.... particularly given it's on fta.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
After a bit of to-ing and fro-ing, I am now thinking the Tahs could take this one. No more anti-Tahs bias as the starting point to any discussion involving them since one KB (Kurtley Beale) has left the scene. They are now a vastly different animal to me and I can and will look at them in an even-handed fashion.

Really want to see the likes of Bell, Harris, Harrison, Walton, Ramm and a renewed Maddocks reach their potential.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
After a bit of to-ing and fro-ing, I am now thinking the Tahs could take this one. No more anti-Tahs bias as the starting point to any discussion involving them since one KB (Kurtley Beale) has left the scene. They are now a vastly different animal to me and I can and will look at them in an even-handed fashion.

Really want to see the likes of Bell, Harris, Harrison, Walton, Ramm and a renewed Maddocks reach their potential.

tenor.gif

Rob42

John Solomon (38)

Correction - "since KB (Kurtley Beale) and Michael "not a 7" Hooper left the scene..."

Welcome BR!

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Gordon has started well. Good vision to take quick tap when received penalty. Good long pass. Run around the back and into the corner.