• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RD 14: QLD v NSW (The Stink Part II) - Lang Park 18/5 7.45

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Great atmosphere at the game but we really snatched defeat from the jaws of victory there ....

Hegarty let us down with his boot but out disallowed trys (and the Tahs allowed mystery try) really hurt

Add in the forward pass for the Tahs last try and see were it iBall sorts of trouble.

Problem is, we make those kicks & the dubious calls go away....

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I’m surprise Latu was allowed to play, was he even sober?
I guess we now know the reason to his wayward line out throws

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Thorn prior to the game: Bryce mate, the game plan for you tonight is to kick away

Bryce: Ok coach

After the game:

Bryce: I did what you asked coach

Thorn::mad::mad::mad:

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
great game, one of the first aussie derbies ive really enjoyed for awhile. could have gone either way.

for the reds, kerevi was huge 1st half, thought he went absent in the second. might need a break?

for the tahs, beale had a cracker, as did hooper. the runs metres for the tahs i think was the difference.
Yeh I definitely enjoyed the game

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Great atmosphere at the game but we really snatched defeat from the jaws of victory there ..

Hegarty let us down with his boot but out disallowed trys (and the Tahs allowed mystery try) really hurt

Add in the forward pass for the Tahs last try and see were it iBall sorts of trouble.

Problem is, we make those kicks & the dubious calls go away..

Im still confused about this even after i got home and watched replays. Beale is clearly held up but the try was given to someone else?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Im still confused about this even after i got home and watched replays. Beale is clearly held up but the try was given to someone else?
It will come across as sour grapes I know, holy fuck the Tahs got the rub of the green tonight. Was there and in real time it looked at times that throwing the ball forward was the norm, why do we even have touchies ? (Sorry assistant refs). Must have been killing Angus not to blow his whistle , but would have loved him to make a call on something during the game.

Six tries to four and lose by 8 , fuck me !!!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It will come across as sour grapes I know, holy fuck the Tahs got the rub of the green tonight. Was there and in real time it looked at times that throwing the ball forward was the norm, why do we even have touchies ? (Sorry assistant refs). Must have been killing Angus not to blow his whistle , but would have loved him to make a call on something during the game.

Six tries to four and lose by 8 , fuck me !!!

Maybe there's some kind of optical illusion happening at the ground, but this is the second night in a row people have complained about non-existent forward passes...........

The reffing was fine........... I thought the Tahs were going to blow it with their Wallaby style "go wide at every play" routine they had going for a while.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
And once again, Kerevi has really upped his game this year......... the odds of him being Wallaby #12 should be stronger than an ALP win.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I thought reds were better team up to 60 minute mark before they fell away a bit. What is very cool with the reds this season is seeing new talent come through.

jock Campbell to me confirming he is super rugby quality, and McGahan definitely one to watch as flick pass in lead up to the second reds try plus that crossfield kick for mafi’s try shows he has a good football brain. Deserves another gig but who do you drop out of the 23 as Stewart and Lucas been very good this season. Nice problem to have.

Can we also take Israel Folaus contract money and give it to Kerevi please as he has become the real deal this season and always threatening to break the line or put another player away with his great offload game.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Maybe there's some kind of optical illusion happening at the ground, but this is the second night in a row people have complained about non-existent forward passes.....

The reffing was fine..... I thought the Tahs were going to blow it with their Wallaby style "go wide at every play" routine they had going for a while.

The replay on the big screen looked pretty forward.....

The crowd blew up big time when they showed it.

I'm still confused over Mafi's disallowed try - ref said held up (where you could clearly see it down) then we get a penalty for the Tahs being offside 10m back instead of a 5m scrum???