• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Army_Gav

If it is Lloyd Johansson you are talking about, than a lot quicker than Gerrard. From his schoolboy days he was played either in the centre's or at 10 (I'm still groggy from yesterday so this is a memory tester, LG would probably know more) but the kid still holds a few sprint records in the GPS competition in Queensland. He was lightening quick over 100m (got sub 11 sec I think) and even more so over the shorter stuff, had a few injuries and never really broke through so I would expect he's slower than he was but certainly no slouch. Whether or not he can play wing is another question ...
No questioning his ability to tackle or kill.

[video=youtube;1zSop6FWsEE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zSop6FWsEE[/video]

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
thats a bad thing to happen in any game, anywhere.
that said, a pair of bruising, rock hard shoulders in the rebels midfield will undoubtedly be a prospect for the fan to enjoy

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That was a deliberate cheap shot on Mortlock...

Was glad to see his career take a nosedive after that incident...

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Light - you are thinking about winger Brett Stapleton who ran 10.27 secs when he was 16. Big Loyd would need that time to cover 70.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
It was a long time ago, let it go. He is now team mates with the victim. I can't see Morty holding a grudge.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
That was a deliberate cheap shot on Mortlock...

Was glad to see his career take a nosedive after that incident...

Should have brought back capital punishment just to execute him. Particularly because he played for the Reds.

Bit harsh Slim, everyone makes mistakes.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Light - you are thinking about winger Brett Stapleton who ran 10.27 secs when he was 16. Big Loyd would need that time to cover 70.

You are right about Stapleton but I remember reading something about Lloyd a few years ago in the TSS school book or something, upon research now cannot seem to find it so perhaps I was mistaken. Always thought he was very fast, mind must be playing tricks on me.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Should have brought back capital punishment just to execute him. Particularly because he played for the Reds.

Bit harsh Slim, everyone makes mistakes.

What does it have to do with who he played for?

It was deliberate and dirty...

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Haskell has signed with the Highlanders for the 2012 Super Rugby season. http://www.espnscrum.com/super-rugby-2012/rugby/story/153515.html

Pity... I think he would have added a lot of balance to the Rebels backrow. At least we'll get to see him play in this hemisphere week in week out.

I'm not particularly fussed to hear that myself. He would have been a short term investment only and inevitably would have delayed the progression of Jarrod Saffy and Luke Jones. I'd only really have been interested in him if it were to replace Tom Chamberlain, as an import for another. Otherwise, I am happier with the kids we have.

Melbourne Terrace

Darby Loudon (17)
Totally.

But it was still a cheap shot...

i think it was more reckless and cynical than a cheap shot, even the ref said it looked worse than it was. it looked like he just tracked too far across to cover giteau, realised he was going to be beaten on the inside and kept the arm up to stop mortlock busting through the whole he had left open. definitely stupid and entirely his fault, but i don't think it was a deliberate cheap shot.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He might have tracked too far but there was only one way he was going to tackle Mortlock and that was around the head...

He could've attempted the tackle without intentionally launching himself at that height..

T

tranquility

LLoyd does not hold any sprint records, but the bloke could be a fantastic player. Lets just hope he knuckles down, white knuckles and all, and has a genuine crack at it.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
You are right, I spoke without double checking my facts. Was thinking of L. Johnson from IGS who has a host of records. My bad, but yes you are right, and the potential is there.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
To be fair, he didn't do himself any favours by jumping at Snorky like he did.

I concur with the hopes that he will knuckle down and apply himself. Hopefully, the absence of success for him in recent year will demonstrate to him that he cannot succeed on talent alone. I can certainly sympathise with the situation, so I hope that he can turn it around.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
You are right, I spoke without double checking my facts. Was thinking of L. Johnson from IGS who has a host of records. My bad, but yes you are right, and the potential is there.

L.Johansson instead of L.Johnson? Your application to the Lee Grant Stuff Up Club is in the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.