• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Al Campbell is a solid player, but if you want the pack to match the quality in the backs, then he should only be considered a bencher.
I have high hopes for King who has always impressed me at ITM Cup level.

Cadeyrn Neville looks very good, he comes from a very tough Manly club side via the AIS for rowing, 202cm, 120kg and plays hard
We have 5 locks in the fulltime squad (4 if you don't could Luke Jones). As an EPS player it would take 2-3 injuries for Neville to be aloud to play, I don't think we will seem him this year sadly.

T

tranquility

Cadeyrn Neville looks very good, he comes from a very tough Manly club side via the AIS for rowing, 202cm, 120kg and plays hard

He sounds carved from stone for row, can't wait to see him out there belting blokes.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Adam Byrnes just told on twitter that a Russian player Yury Kushnarev has arrived in Melbourne to play with the Rebels.
He is a fly half. I didn't know there was still spots available in the squad

T

TOCC

thats definetly a interesting signing, i tend to think its more of a noble gesture by the Rebels then anything, he might be talented but there is just no substitute for been in a professional side training for years. Unless he plans on hanging around for a few years i dont think he will get much game time.

would love to be proven wrong though

A

Army_Gav

Adam Byrnes just told on twitter that a Russian player Yury Kushnarev has arrived in Melbourne to play with the Rebels.

Just a holiday I'd say:

@Adam_Byrnes: @russiarugby @RugbyRussia player @Kusha85 just landed in Melbourne. Taking him into @MelbourneRebels tomorrow!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Who does that Russian winger play for? I'm thinking he's in Europe somewhere because he's quality

T

tranquility

The starting Russian flyhalf was actually pretty good as well, but I think he is on the wrong side of 30.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)

I don't think he meant he was playing for the Rebs, specially with all the EPS spots filled and the fact that we have Cips, Rabbit, Kurtley and Hilgendorf.

It'd be pretty awesome if he was willing to train with the Rebels for free-ish and play some games with the Rebel Rising side. Let's have a local club throw him some living expenses money!

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
If you're good enough your age doesn't matter. Or should we get rid of Samo and Humphries?
When you've got Cipriani taking a foreign marquee spot as a 10, and JOC (James O'Connor) being increasingly touted as a strong possibility, I think the guys age goes against him in this instance.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Who does that Russian winger play for? I'm thinking he's in Europe somewhere because he's quality

This guy is actually a fly half but there is a pretty good russian winger called Artemiev now playing for the Saints in Poms land

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Here's a link. It's from a Russian - Australian newspaper. http://www.unification.net.au/articles/read/1204/ Says they were invited to train as part of the wider training group.

Based on what I've gather the article is about the Russians being invited to train with the Rebels (a lot of people get invited to train with Super teams at this stage of the year).

What I find more interesting is how the article appeals to Russian businessmen, asking them to fund their stay. Perhaps they are going to train with the Rebs semi-regularly and play in the local league?

Melbourne Terrace

Darby Loudon (17)
reported in todays news ltd papers that demons are looking at relocating from aami park to a new centre in docklands. If true, rebels could well have an opportunity to snap up a permanent base at AAMI Park which i think would be better for nearly every reason. Heart can foad if it thinks it should go there.

A

Army_Gav

reported in todays news ltd papers that demons are looking at relocating from aami park to a new centre in docklands. If true, rebels could well have an opportunity to snap up a permanent base at AAMI Park which i think would be better for nearly every reason. Heart can foad if it thinks it should go there.
Don't think it'll happen because Baillieu is pouring funding into the Visy Hq, especially with the academy there also, which they don't share with anyone.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Just to clarify, Yuri Kushnarev has been invited to train for a contract with the Rebels. He'll play in some of our trials and go from there.

Brilliant news for the Rebels and Russian Rugby.

A

Army_Gav

Just to clarify, Yuri Kushnarev has been invited to train for a contract with the Rebels. He'll play in some of our trials and go from there.

Brilliant news for the Rebels and Russian Rugby.
Rebel Rising btw. no spots left in the main squad (for now).

Status
Not open for further replies.