• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Army_Gav

I have a sick sick feeling that this is the beginning of the end for Kurtley.

All you need to do is look at the facts that after his court case, he became a much better player, and he said it was because he surrounded himself with his family. Take out his family and add in the supposed drinking culture in melbourne and his own drinking problems, and the fact he is hanging out in Frankston and possibly living with someone his age, it does not bode well.

All I can say is that I hope that NSW can pick him up cheap at the end of this year.
trolly.jpg

How I deal with these situations on forums.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Why not wear a Rugby jersey to an Aussie Rules game? Or vice versa, that's right you'd look like a idiot.

Been tempted to do this when the Swans play in the afternoon at the SCG and then Tahs at the SFS afterwards, but didn't as you quite rightly point out how idiotic you'd look.

Although I have seen kids in Wallabies gear at Swans games...

A

Army_Gav

Been tempted to do this when the Swans play in the afternoon at the SCG and then Tahs at the SFS afterwards, but didn't as you quite rightly point out how idiotic you'd look.

Although I have seen kids in Wallabies gear at Swans games...
Might get myself a Kookaburras singlet and wear that to a Rebels game this year, set a trend.

I'll rock this also, when it gets a tad chilly. Inspiration thanks to Aston Kutcher

article-0-0B7AB18400000578-231_468x654.jpg

I'm the capo of shit fashion.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
trolly.jpg

He's not so much trolling as he is baiting. There's a difference, trolling or at least good exponents of it are far more subtle yet more aggravating in the premise while baiting is much more blatant and obvious in efforts to ensure they catch the maximum amount of outrage. As to what to do with it, either go full tilt at him or just ignore it. I'd suggest the former as we should leave G&GR as a Rugby specific sanctuary with a splash of interesting side topics and less of the Planet Rugby dynamic.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
trolly.jpg

I don't think his is trolling there Gav. Kurts went through some pretty ruff times and changing scenery can change development and handling of those. Hope he goes from strength to strength as he is a fantastic player. But his ability doesn't mean the concerns shouldn't be felt or discussed.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Jeez that is a bit much #1.

There is no evidence Beale has a drinking problem, or there is a drinking culture in Melbourne. To make such a prediction with no evidence of either of these (not to mention the fact that Beale has not put a foot wrong since going to Melbourne) is pretty poor form IMO.

Cips had a problem not Melbourne, agreed. If you think Kurts was fine and good then, well, can't back you up there.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Might get myself a Kookaburras singlet and wear that to a Rebels game this year, set a trend.

Just found out the Tahs will be playing their final trial match at the SFS at the same time as Australia play Sri Lanka in an ODI next door at the SCG. Big opportunity to look like an idiot by wearing sky blue at the cricket until the Tahs kick off!!!:D

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just found out the Tahs will be playing their final trial match at the SFS at the same time as Australia play Sri Lanka in an ODI next door at the SCG. Big opportunity to look like an idiot by wearing sky blue at the cricket until the Tahs kick off!!!:D

That's awesome, will get to both if they don't clash

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)

I'll rock this also, when it gets a tad chilly. Inspiration thanks to Aston Kutcher

article-0-0B7AB18400000578-231_468x654.jpg

I'm the capo of shit fashion.

If Aston can't make it look good then you have no chance!

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Jeez that is a bit much #1.

There is no evidence Beale has a drinking problem, or there is a drinking culture in Melbourne. To make such a prediction with no evidence of either of these (not to mention the fact that Beale has not put a foot wrong since going to Melbourne) is pretty poor form IMO.

Just saying what a lot of people are thinking. Anyone else got the same sick feeling about JOC (James O'Connor)? Not baiting or trolling, just voicing a thought.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Suckerforred, have a look at rule 6:
6. Play the ball not the man. Personal comments will be deleted and you'll get a card or ban.
This also applies to comments about players, coaches and other public figures. Feel free to criticize their play and decisions with reasoning, but not slander them as a person.
"Like last weekend, he's always seagulling and it gives me the shits" is OK.
"He's a f*ckwit who'll never amount to anything" is not.
Only a complete knob jockey resorts to personal insults anyway.

All the rules are here.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Suckerforred, have a look at rule 6:

All the rules are here.

Let me put it another way - Considering the 'alledged' incidences in the past involving Kurtley, and for that matter JOC (James O'Connor), is Melbourne the best place for them? Starting to think that perhaps QLDnot the best place for QC (Quade Cooper) too.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Let me put it another way - Considering the 'alledged' incidences in the past involving Kurtley, and for that matter JOC (James O'Connor), is Melbourne the best place for them? Starting to think that perhaps QLDnot the best place for QC (Quade Cooper) too.

Why?

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
On the 1st Day of the Sydney Test there were quite a few Waratahs jerseys in the crowd. Looked like they were wearing India's one dayer strip until I looked closer.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member

Crikey, the members car park will be chockers early. Will have to front up at lunch time for the cricket to get a park. Then leave the cricket to get in the queue for the rugby, then bags my seat, then back to the cricket until the rugby starts. Just as well walking the dogs has kept me fit.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)

I agree with you Suckerforred. But not meant as an insult on Melbourne. But being there together with Cipriani changes the dynamics of the team and their behaviour. No leadership group would be able to rein in three hot headed youngsters like those guys. Not unless their positions were up for grabs, which clearly they aren't. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a fairly big incident by the end of the first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.