• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

He has strained medial ligaments apparently. Not sure if it's serious or when he'll be back.

During the interview last night at half time, he indicated he is expected to have a run in the 3rd and final trial game next week against the Crusaders.

A

Army_Gav

tPS: Crowd of 6,000 which I guess was pretty good, but did the Rebel Army have a scheduled day off last night? I think there were 3 members plus a drummer. What gives, Gav?
Sorry, didn't know we had to appease you.

Might make a banner that reads: "JOIN IN OR DON'T COMMENT". In other words, don't comment on our support and we won't comment on yours.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Jeez Gav calm down mate. Daz was merely commenting on the lack of RA members, there was not a judgmental tone or anything.

And if you put in a 'join in or don't comment' banner I will have to start calling you Matt Burke. People can comment on whatever they want to on this site, and the idea that the Rebel Army is somehow off-limits to non-members is ludicrous.

A

Army_Gav

Jeez Gav calm down mate. Daz was merely commenting on the lack of RA members, there was not a judgmental tone or anything.

And if you put in a 'join in or don't comment' banner I will have to start calling you Matt Burke. People can comment on whatever they want to on this site, and the idea that the Rebel Army is somehow off-limits to non-members is ludicrous.
"but did the Rebel Army have a scheduled day off last night?" <---

As am I allowed too with my own comment. I'm pretty sure the "JOIN IN" aspect of that statement, is inclusive. Be a part of the solution.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
The comment was clearly tongue-in-cheek.

And whilst the 'join in' aspect is inclusive, what about the second part? Not everyone wants to watch the rugby from behind the posts whilst cheering like a lunatic. You need to accept your style of supporting is not for everyone. Basically you have implied the way I support the game is a problem, and I take offence at that.

A

Army_Gav

The comment was clearly tongue-in-cheek.

And whilst the 'join in' aspect is inclusive, what about the second part? Not everyone wants to watch the rugby from behind the posts whilst cheering like a lunatic. You need to accept your style of supporting is not for everyone. Basically you have implied the way I support the game is a problem, and I take offence at that.
Please, I have no problem with non active supporters. Only issues with people who make comments in relation to it. I'm happy to call their bluff.

You really have an inability to read posts. As I stated, don't comment on my/our method of support and I won't on "yours".

You mention "the way I support the game", that'd for NSW obviously. Since this is a Rebels thread, jog on.

sonny crockett

Allen Oxlade (6)
Beechy here 5th from left as we face the shot back row. Fine young man, hope he has bulked up a little bit, wish him well.

Attachments

• 4737429104_310dd696ee_b.jpg
    4737429104_310dd696ee_b.jpg
    582.9 KB · Views: 305
D

daz

Hmm. Interesting that I seem to have touched a nerve Gav. My comment was simply that; a comment. I was not being judgemental in any way, shape or form.

As I think you are aware, I am a Reds supporter. I am therefore unlikely to "join in" with the RA. Even if I was a Rebels supporter, it is still unlikely I would join in with the RA, not because I disapprove, but because that is not my style.

I could actually not give a rats red bum what the RA do or how many do it. It just seemed odd to me that with all the banging on about the Rebels it does not seem to be translating into the kind of fanatical support I expected.

Having said all that, I am a high end financial member of the Rebels and that gives me the right to comment on other member activities. Actually, I could be Joe Blow from Tennant Creek and that also gives me the right to comment on your activities.

Don't be so defensive. Relax, the season is yet to start and you will have many other disappointments to deal with apart from my comments.....

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Please, I have no problem with non active supporters. Only issues with people who make comments in relation to it. I'm happy to call their bluff.

You really have an inability to read posts. As I stated, don't comment on my/our method of support and I won't on "yours".

You mention "the way I support the game", that'd for NSW obviously. Since this is a Rebels thread, jog on.

No, I am 100% fine with you commenting on my supporting method. I may not agree with it, but you can certainly comment on it. And people are 100% allowed to comment on your method of supporting too. Again you may not agree with it but that's life in the big city and as long as it doesn't break any forum rules it will stay on the board.

And then you get needlessly personal and defensive. Play the ball not the man please. My posts are about the Rebels, and telling another poster with a contrasting view to 'jog on' is not appropriate.

A

Army_Gav

Hmm. Interesting that I seem to have touched a nerve Gav. My comment was simply that; a comment. I was not being judgemental in any way, shape or form.
I could actually not give a rats red bum what the RA do or how many do it. It just seemed odd to me that with all the banging on about the Rebels it does not seem to be translating into the kind of fanatical support I expected.

I took offence to the day off comment. Enough of a rats red bum for the comment though.

Wouldn't have an issue regarding a question about numbers, as you point low crowd in general, considering the opposition.

As I think you are aware, I am a Reds supporter. I am therefore unlikely to "join in" with the RA. Even if I was a Rebels supporter, it is still unlikely I would join in with the RA, not because I disapprove, but because that is not my style.
That's fair, didn't make a point regarding disapproval, if your stressing that.

Having said all that, I am a high end financial member of the Rebels and that gives me the right to comment on other member activities. Actually, I could be Joe Blow from Tennant Creek and that also gives me the right to comment on your activities.

Don't be so defensive. Relax, the season is yet to start and you will have many other disappointments to deal with apart from my comments.....
Love the high end angle there... I forgot about the Reds supporter in disguise.

I'm going to attempt to not pay out on other teams (and their supporters) in this thread. As I point out, this thread should clearly be regarding the Rebels.

A

Army_Gav

No, I am 100% fine with you commenting on my supporting method. I may not agree with it, but you can certainly comment on it. And people are 100% allowed to comment on your method of supporting too. Again you may not agree with it but that's life in the big city and as long as it doesn't break any forum rules it will stay on the board.
In an appropriate thread. A similar "discussion" occurred a few pages back in relation to "culture" between Melbourne vs Sydney, many pointed out it wasn't appropriate (including myself).

And then you get needlessly personal and defensive. Play the ball not the man please. My posts are about the Rebels, and telling another poster with a contrasting view to 'jog on' is not appropriate.
You made it personal, by taking a general and broad statement, then applied it to yourself:
Basically you have implied the way I support the game is a problem, and I take offence at that

A

Army_Gav

I apologize to Sir Arthur, James, Stu etc. for clogging this thread with that "discussion".

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I'm sorry, but a discussion of the Rebels supporters is very much on topic and does belong in the Rebels 2012 thread.

The Melbourne vs Sydney debate had nothing to do with rugby and was rightly ended.

You reacted poorly to a harmless comment and were rightly called on it.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Come one guys. Does it matter that Daz questioned the perccieved lack of RA recruits at a trial match. A simple - 'We were all at the pub' reply would have been fine. Sleeping dogs and move on and all that.

Considering that you guys are the only ones that have come through trials so far (touch wood) without significant injuries, I would be woundering if a beating from the Saders next week is going to be an issue. But you have an advantage - Bye in the first round. Therefore more time to get your players back on deck from any niggles etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.