• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilful

Larry Dwyer (12)
One question - who's the #1 kicker for the Rebels this year? Assuming it's going to be JO'C - I wonder if that pisses off Cips.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah, the Rebels showed some nice counter attack and attack, but to me their biggest problem was uneven line speed - quite a few problems caused by the outside guys rushing up too fast.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Oh, and their defensive alignment was too slow to reset. Was hard to tell if it was because they gave the Blues too much quick, clean ruck ball or it they didn't adjust quick enough.

The two things I mentioned (plus the few missed tackles) should be sorted out by a good defensive coach, given time.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Yeah, the Rebels showed some nice counter attack and attack, but to me their biggest problem was uneven line speed - quite a few problems caused by the outside guys rushing up too fast.

Still seems to be some very big holes in the Reb's defence at times.

Odd game, looks like most tries were scored from poor tackling with little build up.

It should be noted (if I remember correctly) that the only try that the Blues scored in the first half was the one where Gerrard was out of position and outpaced by the kick overhead.

The other tries were all in the second half. Unfortunately for those sort of videos, they don't show so much of the 20-30 minutes of more dour, structured rugby that was played in the first stanza.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Gerrard was totally outpaced on the wing...
Which brings the question as to where he will ay this year. Obviously Beale will start at fullback,but I don't really see Gerrard as a genuine winger. I'd rather see him play at 13,but I cannot see him surpassing Mortlock.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Which brings the question as to where he will ay this year. Obviously Beale will start at fullback,but I don't really see Gerrard as a genuine winger. I'd rather see him play at 13,but I cannot see him surpassing Mortlock.

I think OC could suit Gerrard. I'd be interested to see what would happen if Cips gets injured? Would KB (Kurtley Beale) move to flyhalf or JOC (James O'Connor)? Would Gerrard move to fullback if KB (Kurtley Beale) moves to 10 or would JOC (James O'Connor)? Who would play 12 if JOC (James O'Connor) moves to 10? raises some interesting options with such multi-talented backs. Not a bad thing to have.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Which brings the question as to where he (Gerrard) will play this year. Obviously Beale will start at fullback, but I don't really see Gerrard as a genuine winger. I'd rather see him play at 13, but I cannot see him surpassing Mortlock.

Where would you put Inman? Why did the Rebels buy him?

Status
Not open for further replies.