• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

I sense you are all mocking me and my true love.

It's discrimination, I tells ya.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Your mob have already made one mistake by not appointing Todd Louden as Head Coach and I have no idea whether he would be prepared to again do an understudy role, but if so and you pass him up you will have missed a great opportunity.

Looks like Bruce Ross that you may get your wish; GG's Ruck 'n' Maul thinks Todd is off to the Brumbies.

Articles also seems to support some of the footnotes about KB (Kurtley Beale) and JOC (James O'Connor)'s behaviour.

See (down the bottom):

http://www.espnscrum.com/australia/rugby/story/191021.html

199madmave

Ward Prentice (10)
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me the Rebels are not going to waste a fortune on a 29 year old rugby league player (who runs sideways) ....by all means get a marquee player...one that has rugby credentials...and spend some money on the up and coming youngsters!!

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
What a furphy. Off to Blues, Shirley.

Huge call at ten, hey. I reckon they need a tactical playmaker to keep some shape in their game. But since they are after him, my best guess is they want a Quade Cooper style player so that their game is a crowd puller. Be very interested to know what Henry's views were on it.

Imagine Quade leading that Blues backline, does boggle the mind somewhat!

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Take all the money they have from getting rid of the amigos and throw it at Foley and the Tahs. If they are counting on Hegarty at 10 it is going to be a frustrating season.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Take all the money they have from getting rid of the amigos and throw it at Foley and the Tahs. If they are counting on Hegarty at 10 it is going to be a frustrating season.

Foley resigned withe the 'tahs. Unless he asked for a release (which I think he might) there is no chance of that happening next year.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Foley resigned withe the 'tahs. Unless he asked for a release (which I think he might) there is no chance of that happening next year.

Curse you for getting my hopes up OT, but it will not happen. We will have to hope Hegarty and Roberts have big years as certainly both have the potential. Or Sam pulls another swifty. Anscombe leaps to mind if we have a marquee spot but suspect he still has AB aspirations.

Another midfield player of interest would be Harris.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Touching as the concern from oop norf is, the Rebels have won every single game Hegarty has started at 10. I think we'll be okay.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Touching as the concern from oop norf is, the Rebels have won every single game Hegarty has started at 10. I think we'll be okay.

Well he is your only option so i'd put on a brave face in public too, good luck. Tell me, would you have won the Highlanders game if he had stayed on?

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Well he is your only option so i'd put on a brave face in public too, good luck. Tell me, would you have won the Highlanders game if he had stayed on?

Given that he scored the last two tries, I think it would have been difficult for us to win it without him staying on ;)

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
What brave face? He's a shockingly limited player. Can barely pass left-to-right, has a kicking game that could charitably be described as rudimentary and I don't think I've ever seen him pass further than 10 metres. But hey, it seems he's a winner despite his deficiences. Which kind of has a familiar feel to it.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I like that Hegarty plays a very simple game. Really needs a lot of work on his kicking game but as Dumbledore said we won the games he started and he was never expected to start at 10 this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.