• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Hey I'll put my balls on the line...and yes were trying for a baby so there's a bit of action happening. But please I will turkey slap the man if Samo does anything for the Rebels..

Mate good luck with the baby making - hope you have quads and increase the Force support base.

Samo will be a benchie and offer some impact now and again

Bronzewhaler

Stan Wickham (3)
Agree, thought we had enough cover in the backrow when you take into consideration that you expect Higgers and McMahon to play majority of the minutes when fit.

6) Colby/Fugi/Reid
7) McMahon/Jones/Higgers/Reid
8) Higgers/Timani/Samo /Jones/Reid

You guys have the best mix of back row talent of all Australian super 15 and probably the best of all super 15 teams.
You need an expert 10 to help your young guns.

Average Outside Center

Herbert Moran (7)
Unrelated to the signing of Samo but i just read on the rebels website that 'Supa Sefa' runs a 10.5 100m. If he learns defensive patterns could be a serious threat to have a good crack at the first team a lot of potential upside to him

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'm more concerned about the Rebels forward pack getting it together.
A lot of depth and competition in the front row and in the backrow.

If the likes of Jeffries, Cummins - and hell, even Samo get it together, and push the incumbents, under the tutelage of TT and Louden the Rebels should push for top 10 at least

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'm more concerned about the Rebels forward pack getting it together.
A lot of depth and competition in the front row and in the backrow.

If the likes of Jeffries, Cummins - and hell, even Samo get it together, and push the incumbents, under the tutelage of TT and Louden the Rebels should push for top 10 at least

We have decent competition in all positions except Lock, need coach's to build an exciting game plan to draw some support and the next few years will be interesting. With majority of the squad being young it's going to be about holding onto as much of the team as possible and building some momentum for the future.

If the Rebels don't finish 11th or better Tony has to go, should not settle for anything less. He was given a years grace and has signed some depth in key areas.

Have to say I am really nervous on how this year is going to go.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
^^^^^

That's a tricky one. The Force and Reds look to have stronger squads this year compared to last. The Waratahs and Brumbies were finalists in 2014. We have a really tough conference this year. There is no shame to the team that finishes bottom (unless they completely capitulate). I'd love for the Force and Rebels to have a great year, but I think 2016 is the year for the both of us.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
^^^^^

That's a tricky one. The Force and Reds look to have stronger squads this year compared to last. The Waratahs and Brumbies were finalists in 2014. We have a really tough conference this year. There is no shame to the team that finishes bottom (unless they completely capitulate). I'd love for the Force and Rebels to have a great year, but I think 2016 is the year for the both of us.

Do you really think Queensland squad has improved? I think they could really struggle this season, there signings are not really making the side any stronger.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
It's my perception that Qld are in a stronger position than last year.
No so much the Rebels.
I have little confidence in many of their younger recruits.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I'll be disappointed if the Rebels pack don't comprehensively spank a few more vaunted teams.

Not sure how the backline will balance out but I'm confident without being bullish.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
It's my perception that Qld are in a stronger position than last year.
No so much the Rebels.
I have little confidence in many of their younger recruits.

Harris, Shiperly, Crawford are all good recruits. Then with Placid time will tell, keeping the majority of last season's squad has to be a good thing for the Rebels. The squad is young but they are all gaining some experience now. Needed to sign another established lock, but otherwise I think the Rebels should be ok.

Reds signings have a lot to prove, Tongan Thor won't really play much and Hunt could be another Folau or another Benji Marshall. Only time will tell.

JOC (James O'Connor)???? Good Luck with that.

Back to Rebels, how's everyone going with the Rebels Greatest 15?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
The 15 game qualifier removed a couple of my favourites but here was my entry:

1. Laurie Weeks
2. Ged Robinson
3. Greg Somerville

4. Caderyn Neville
5. Hugh Pyle
6. Scott Higginbotham
7. Scott Fuglistaller
8. Gareth Delve
9. Nick Phipps
10. Bryce Hegarty
11. Cooper Vuna
12. Tamati Ellison
13. Stirling Mortlock
14. Tom English
15. Jason Woodward

Yes, Lorenzo isn't a loose head. Mitch Inman was tough to miss out, but wanted a ball playing 12 inside of Stirlo. Gerrardo was another who was unlucky.

JOC (James O'Connor) and Cipriani excluded on principle.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
1. Nic Henderson
2. Ged Robinson
3. Laurie Weeks
4. Hugh Pyle
5. Luke Jones
6. Higginbotham
7. J Saffy
8. Delve
9. Phipps 1
0. Cipriani
11. Cooper Vuna
12.M Inman
13. Mortlock
14. Mitchell
15. Woodward

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
1. N Henderson 2. A Freier 3. L Weeks
4. C Neville 5. L Jones
6. S Higginbotham 7. J Saffy
8. G Delve (capt./coach)

9. N Phipps 10. D Cipriani
11. C Vuna 12. M Inman 13. S Mortlock 14. L Mitchell
15. M Gerrard

Excluded JOC (James O'Connor) due to him being an insufferable twat.

Hesitated on Cipriani but he actually showed something during his time here. His clutch kick against the Brumbies for the first win tipped him over the edge.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I think Lipdog should get a provisional spot as the team's social manager.

It's a crucial role.

B

Bobby Sands

I can't wait to this Irish rake get a game. Sounds like a bargain, and just the type of front rower Australia needs.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Harris, Shiperly, Crawford are all good recruits. Then with Placid time will tell, keeping the majority of last season's squad has to be a good thing for the Rebels. The squad is young but they are all gaining some experience now. Needed to sign another established lock, but otherwise I think the Rebels should be ok
I reckon all those guys you mention are reasonable back up players at best.
It's like TT has assembled a squad to try and eliminate blowouts.
There are very few,if any match winners in the squad IMO.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I can't wait to this Irish rake get a game. Sounds like a bargain, and just the type of front rower Australia needs.

Tom Sexton is a handy signing, shame he did his knee last season. His set piece work was pretty good for Rising. Best line out throwing option we have.
I reckon all those guys you mention are reasonable back up players at best.
It's like TT has assembled a squad to try and eliminate blowouts.
There are very few,if any match winners in the squad IMO.
Harris is a starter with the right game plan, I rate Shiperly ahead of Kingston. Crawford would have started at most Australian Super Rugby teams, just been unlucky to be behind Beale than Falou who are both world class.

Veainu is my wild card to have a big season.

Status
Not open for further replies.