• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
I think once I ahve enough scarves I'll make some sort of Rebels Poncho. Will be very practical for those cold nights at AAMI. I might even look a little more boss too as a result.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Interesting 1st team. I thought Harris would be the 10 as he played pretty well in the trials. I'm glad to see Colby starting as I think he offers more than Fugs.

Average Outside Center

Herbert Moran (7)
1. Toby Smith (Rebel #60, 13 Rebels Caps)
2. Pat Leafa (Rebel #57, 18 Rebels Caps)
3. Laurie Weeks (Rebel #19, 53 Rebels Caps)
4. Luke Jones (Rebel #32, 47 Rebels Caps)
5. Lopeti Timani (Rebel #69, 2 Rebels Caps)
6. Sean McMahon (Rebel #62, 13 Rebels Caps)
7. Colby Fainga’a (Rebel #65, 15 Rebels Caps)
8. Scott Higginbotham (Rebel #46, 29 Rebels Caps)
9. Nic Stirzaker (Rebel #38, 24 Rebels Caps)
10. Jack Debreczeni (Rebel #71, 5 Rebels Caps)
11. Tom English (Rebel #50, 25 Rebels Caps)
12. Mitch Inman (Rebel #35, 44 Rebels Caps)
13. Tamati Ellison (Rebel #62, 15 Rebels Caps)
14. Dom Shipperley (0 Rebels Caps)*
15. Mike Harris (0 Rebels Caps)*
Reserves:
16. Ben Whittaker (0 Rebels Caps)*
17. Cruze Ah-Nau (Rebel #59, 12 Rebels Caps)
18. Paul Alo-Emile (Rebel #44, 34 Rebels Caps)
19. Sam Jeffries (Rebel #74, 1 Rebels Cap)
20. Scott Fuglistaller (Rebel #45, 32 Rebels Caps)
21. Luke Burgess (Rebel #56, 16 Rebels Caps)
22. Bryce Hegarty (Rebel #54, 21 Rebels Caps)
23. Sefanaia Naivalu (0 Rebels Caps)**
full team here

Average Outside Center

Herbert Moran (7)
Looks like Sefa might get a run which would be great for vic rugby. Looks as though Stirzaker won the race for starting 9. Timani's inclusion in the tight five is interesting, and Fugistaller on the bench as predicted by someone here. Also J-Deb on the run on team is good to see, I presume that Burgess and Hegarty will replace Stirzaker and J-Deb with 20 to go.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
I'm sure if Growden had written this article last week it would have been about the Brumbies moving to Western Sydney, but with the new sponsorship deal seeming to secure the Brumbies' immediate future, he's turned his sights on to the Rebels

http://www.espnscrum.com/scrum/rugby/story/256005.html

No doubt it's as accurate as the articles he's written over the past 20 years about the Brumbies relocating to Sydney/Melbourne/Gosford/Timbuktu...

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'm sure if Growden had written this article last week it would have been about the Brumbies moving to Western Sydney, but with the new sponsorship deal seeming to secure the Brumbies' immediate future, he's turned his sights on to the Rebels

http://www.espnscrum.com/scrum/rugby/story/256005.html

No doubt it's as accurate as the articles he's written over the past 20 years about the Brumbies relocating to Sydney/Melbourne/Gosford/Timbuktu.

Just got to ignore that Clown. He always writes what ever he wants with no factual proof behind it.

Brett McCurdy

Frank Row (1)
Just got to ignore that Clown. He always writes what ever he wants with no factual proof behind it.
With this douche-bag he's going to impact the membership drive.
Its important that potential members know that he's a clown so we can be sustainable in the long term. Somebody needs to yank his chain.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
All he's really saying is that Homebush want a Super Rugby team after a fall out with the Waratahs (which makes sense) and that the Rebels would be the obvious target. Sounds plausible.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
A number of AFL teams have signed deals to play 'home' games interstate and it's netted them serious money.

Kangaroos in Canberra, Hawthorn in Launceston and Bulldogs in Darwin all spring to mind.

I'd much prefer a standalone successful Melbourne team, but if it's a choice between a compromise with some games played in West Syd and zero top flight rugby in Melbourne, I'll take the compromise.

Of course this all assumes that there's any substance to Grumbles' piece other than port-soaked gossiping.

T

TOCC

I think the backline looks solid, not sure about the fight 5 though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
With this douche-bag he's going to impact the membership drive.
Its important that potential members know that he's a clown so we can be sustainable in the long term. Somebody needs to yank his chain.

Given that other Gaggerlanders believe an appropriate nickname for Grumbles would be "Backed Up Public Toilet" (for rather obvious reasons), yanking his chain would only result in the excrement being spread further rather than contained in the bowl.

This is pure speculation, you can't peddle this rubbish as fact! According to a well known fairfax rugby journalist known as "Backed up public toilet" the stick is lightbrown.

Status
Not open for further replies.