• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Wouldn't be now. Last photo on his twitter feed shows him taking a lineout ball against Uni on the weekend. Strangely enough, the story that was posted on the Rebels website has been pulled (read: cannot find it).
interesting, someone may have jumped the gun or the rebels might have been gazumped (again). it was a very positive story, quotes from coach, ass coach and player about exciting it all is, yarda yarda yarda

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
interesting, someoen may have jumped the gun or the rebels might have been gazumped (again). it was a very positive story, quotes from coach, ass coach and player about exciting it all is, yarda yarda yarda

So basically a cut-and-paste from another article? </cynical>

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
My info was from my son, he played colts with Steve at West Harbour. His info came from the juvenile bush telegraph. That's all I know.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
It's back up.

http://melbournerebels.com.au/news/article/rabodirect-rebels-sign-steve-cummins

The RaboDirect Rebels have continued to shape their squad for the 2015 Super Rugby season, following the signing of young second rower Steve Cummins to their Extended Playing Squad (EPS).
Cummins, who was educated at famed sports academy The Hills Sports High in Sydney's West, has been a standout performer for Eastwood in Sydney's Shute Shield, and will help strengthen a second row that will lose Hugh Pyle (Europe) and Chris Thomson (retired) from this year's contract list.
Cummins, who captained the Australian Schoolboys in 2010 and has also represented Australia at U19 and U20 level, worked with Rebels' Assistant Coach Sean Hedger at the National Academy and trialled at the Club in early May ahead of being offered the contract.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Steve Cummins is a great signing, tall as, quite talented, and viewed as a leader (at least in his younger days, captaining the Aus Schoolboys).

I don't know if I believe he weighs 117 though, he's tall but quite thin.

T

tranquility

Why has it taken so long for a side to contract him? He seems to have all the credentials to be chased by every Super side. Was it because of a lack of size or physicality? He sounds like a very promising player.

K

KAOPointman

I agree....he looks very athletic for his size! Good team history,leadership qualities......get him in a training squad allready!

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Why has it taken so long for a side to contract him? He seems to have all the credentials to be chased by every Super side. Was it because of a lack of size or physicality? He sounds like a very promising player.

He's not older than when MOST tighties get picked up.

He's a year younger than Hugh Roach who's only just been picked up by the Tahs after being earmarked as a junior.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Says on Rugby365 that Cummins had signed with the Southern Kings until the end of the year. Maybe a bit of Currie Cup experience to get him ready for 2015?

Shame- he'd be a good player to run around in the NRC.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Says on Rugby365 that Cummins had signed with the Southern Kings until the end of the year. Maybe a bit of Currie Cup experience to get him ready for 2015?

Shame- he'd be a good player to run around in the NRC.

It says in another article he works while playing semi-pro rugby.

You'd take the money and some travel as a young fella, wouldn't you?

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Bloody oath. When I say shame, I mean it's a shame for the Rebels. It would be great to trot the guy out in the NRC and get a good sense of his strengths and weaknesses and get him familiar with the Rebels set up. With Pyle gone (and Thomson too?) and Jones with the Wallabies, it'd be good to have someone with Caderyn Neville in your second row.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
With Pyle gone (and Thomson too?) and Jones with the Wallabies, it'd be good to have someone with Caderyn Neville in your second row.

Surely Sam Jeffries is the next cab off the rank.

Sam is already in the Rebels system and almost the same age (a couple of months younger).

Status
Not open for further replies.