• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i think he will be a great loss. the rebels forward pack played pretty well all year and i believe were not the primary cause of the rebels undoing.

my "informant" basically said that TT will brook no counter argument to what he thinks should be done. if you are not on board the TT train, you are very much on the outer, as witnessed by Pyle's exclusion for most of the year.

i hope TT and the rebels organisation have learnt from this year but i have a sickening feeling that the same mistakes are going to repeat. hope i am wrong.

D

daz

Has it been mentioned/ announced that Matt Cockbain has been given the flick ?

Not formally announced, but it was not exactly a huge secret when it happened.

As for the reasons? No idea, but obviously given the disappointing results this year some changes were always likely to happen.

D

daz

my "informant" basically said that TT will brook no counter argument to what he thinks should be done. if you are not on board the TT train, you are very much on the outer, as witnessed by Pyle's exclusion for most of the year.

I've heard from direct sources that you are right on the money there, swingpass. As the saying goes, it's the headmasters way, or the highway.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
How long is TT's contract? Or more precisely, how long is left?

Glad TT is out of the Wallaby coaching setup; shame you guys took the hit.

Reactions: Tex
D

daz

Imagine what would happen if Sean Hedger manages to win the NRC, then goes back to his day job as Tony's deputy.

Creative tension much?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Imagine what would happen if Sean Hedger manages to win the NRC, then goes back to his day job as Tony's deputy.

Creative tension much?

If he wins I think there will be an 'uprising' of some kind.

(Yeh I know weak as piss attempt at humour, need more holiday beer)

Still, would be hard to not give him more of a senior role in the coaches box. Don't know his speciality, perhaps attack? By the sounds of things we need another forwards coach. Need a forwards coach who can fix up our mess at the breakdown (set piece and lineout joking ok, need throwing practice). Just for the hell of it is love to see an Owen Finegan type down in Mexico as I loved his work at the breakdown. Hard bastard and could teach our loosies a few tricks of the dark arts.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Given our Uni connections I think James Dargaville and Jim Stewart are worth a talking to after last night.

Stewart is probably on Tahs lockdown given how well and quickly he's progressing (and rightfully so), but this Dargaville kid off of last night and what I've seen of the Shute Shield deserves a chat. Good player and stuck behind plenty at the Tahs.

Sign him up on whatever we're calling EPS contracts in 2015 ASAP.

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
The Rebel Radar article on the Rebels website today lists where all 2015 Rebels currently are. Male Sa'u is included in the list. That is the first thing I have seen from the Rebels to suggest Sa'u will be back. I think a number of us thought he may not be back. I am glad he will be back.

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
I think last year it was more updates on current (ie 2013) Rebels not future (ie 2014) Rebels. Weren't they also providing updates on Ged Robinson?

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
The Rebel Radar article on the Rebels website today lists where all 2015 Rebels currently are. Male Sa'u is included in the list. That is the first thing I have seen from the Rebels to suggest Sa'u will be back. I think a number of us thought he may not be back. I am glad he will be back.

You're not wrong but that content comes from the media department, not the rugby department. Disconnects are commonplace.

For example, look at the positions players are listed as on their profiles. Often you'll be surprised.

neverhasbeen

Stan Wickham (3)

Creative tension much?
Only one problem with Hedger heading to take over as Director of Rugby at Bond University Breakers in QLD premier rugby

T

Train Without a Station

It wouldn't surprise you a man who is an assistant coach of a super rugby team and head coach of their NRC team to take a job with the perennial cellar dwellers of qld premier rugby? Massive professional step backwards.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Hedger was apparently the attack coach last year, and given how absolutely abject we were in that department I'll not be totally devastated if he goes.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
I'd say it was for cash. Bond is keen on having a great rugby program to build into the future with and they are significantly cashed up. The Vice-Chancellor is throwing massive resources behind the rugby programs development and there was a rumour going around up here that they were looking for a Director of Rugby and Prems coach to come on board on a $200 000 package.

T

Train Without a Station

Yes but if you are a career coach, wouldn't being a super rugby head coach be your goal? Coaching premier grade isn't going to move you in that direction at all.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Hedger was apparently the attack coach last year, and given how absolutely abject we were in that department I'll not be totally devastated if he goes.
If you are limited to coaching to TT's template,I would suggest that the attack coach has both hand tied behind his back,in regards to implementing any attacking structures.

Status
Not open for further replies.