• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Average Outside Center

Herbert Moran (7)
1. Cruze Ah Nau
2. James Hanson
3. Toby Smith
4. Luke Jones
5. Lopeti Timani
6. Sean McMahon
7. Jordy Reid
8. Colby Fainga'a
9. Nic Stirzaker (captain)
10. Mike Harris
11. Tom English
12. Reece Hodge
13. Mitch Inman
14. Sefa Naivalu
15. Jack Debreczeni
Reserves

16. Pat Leafa
17. Tom Moloney
18. Tim Metcher
19. Culum Retallick
20. Adam Thomson
21. Scott Fuglistaller
22. Ben Meehan
23. Jonah Placid

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Phil Kerns mentioned during the post-match programme that the Rebels will play the Hurricane during the June break. Do we have any details on this yet?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Hodge replaced Harris in the Wallabies squad. Have decent article on rugby.com.au.

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2016/05/30/04/13/hodge-wants-to-make-most-of-whirlwind

I don't mind Beth Newman's articles on this site lately, not much BS about her writing.

Good for him. Hopefully he's a bloody sponge and emerges with his powers further enhanced and a firm grip on the force.

On an unrelated note, I'm actually pretty wary about sports administrators (e.g. ARU, AFL and Cricket Australia) developing their own in-house media teams. What used to be a model involving media releases and fielding questions from reporters seems to have morphed into running defacto sports columns.

All a little bit too cosy and insulated from fair criticism, in my grumpy cynical opinion.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Maybe it's just me, but would is a game during the June Internationals really the best idea?

Matsushima off with Japan. Sione and Rob out with the U20s. Worst case scenario, McMahon, Toby, Chibba and Hodge are in the wallabies squad and unavailable for selection. Similarly worst case, Weeks, Hagan, Jeffries, Fox, Harris, Ellison, Shipperley, Crawford, Hawkins, all out with injury. That leaves us with:

Placid, Asquith, Sefa, Inman, Engo, Jack, Nic, Cruze, Pat, Metch, Jones, Lopeti, Thompson, Jordy, Colby. Res: Siliva, Moloney, Cocker, Retallick, Cummins, Fugs, Bip, Snowden

That seems short of numbers to me, as that's the only fit 23 players available.

I mean, if we use it so a couple more players get a run prior to the NRC, that'll be fine, but it feels unnecessarily risky.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Maybe it's just me, but would is a game during the June Internationals really the best idea?

Matsushima off with Japan. Sione and Rob out with the U20s. Worst case scenario, McMahon, Toby, Chibba and Hodge are in the wallabies squad and unavailable for selection. Similarly worst case, Weeks, Hagan, Jeffries, Fox, Harris, Ellison, Shipperley, Crawford, Hawkins, all out with injury. That leaves us with:

Placid, Asquith, Sefa, Inman, Engo, Jack, Nic, Cruze, Pat, Metch, Jones, Lopeti, Thompson, Jordy, Colby. Res: Siliva, Moloney, Cocker, Retallick, Cummins, Fugs, Bip, Snowden

That seems short of numbers to me, as that's the only fit 23 players available.

I mean, if we use it so a couple more players get a run prior to the NRC, that'll be fine, but it feels unnecessarily risky.

Would rather give most of them game time with respective VRU sides, why not try promote local rugby while you can have some stars running out. Thompson playing at 8 for House would be nice.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Would rather give most of them game time with respective VRU sides, why not try promote local rugby while you can have some stars running out. Thompson playing at 8 for House would be nice.

Pat, Bip and Sefa running out for the Broncos sound pretty good too IMO.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Sefa with Wallabies

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

But wouldn't play because he's inelegance. He'd be cut and the end of the week anyway. Besides, Box Hill have the bye this weekend, so no stress for us. From looking at the Dewar Shield results, 'House need all the help they can get :)

(Cheap shot I know, but meh, Box Hill for life)

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
^^^^meh your be a quins supporter once Tom is wearing there colors :) Traitor

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.