• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Congratulations Tom English, quietly becoming the Rebels most capped player. Don't have access to Hearld Sun online who actually wrote an article about it.

KevinO I already have mention of it in my preview, (which hopefully I will finish tonight).

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Tom English been the one every season previews one writes off...but reality is he has been a very under rated consistent performer....not the wallaby must pick player...but a very good super rugby player....

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Tom English is one of those guys who you were surprised that he got a contract when the Rebels first became a team, but he’s gone from strength to strength as time has gone along. He’s definitely one of the first names in the 23 for the Rebels IMO.

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
Tom English is one of those guys who you were surprised that he got a contract when the Rebels first became a team, but he’s gone from strength to strength as time has gone along. He’s definitely one of the first names in the 23 for the Rebels IMO.

I think every team needs a player like that - someone who consistently delivers for the team while often being overlooked for their abilities but holds the team together. I like English at the Rebels and good on him for staying.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Completely agree regards all the comments about English. Very solid player, holds games and trys record. I know Trys is between him and Hodge but Maddox could well take the record by the ned of season.

Was glad he did a Wallabies tour and played for the BaaBaa's a few years ago, was one of the key senior players that the younger guys went to for advice during the horror 2017 and is a really nice guy to have a chat with.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Probably the most underrated player in Aus. Not saying he should be playing international, although I don’t think he’d let us down on a wing, but he’s just so dependable (minus knocking the ball on near the line haha).

Best way I can sum him up would be he’s the type of player that the kiwi teams are full of, guys that are quality professionals that compliment the stars in the team.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
“I put on three and a half kilos just between spring tour and preseason which is only a month and a half long,” Maddocks said.
“I don’t really know how that came on because I wasn’t going to the gym that much and my body fat was the same, so I think it was just natural growth.
“I was naturally a late developer and I didn’t get into the gym until I was 18 or 19, so I was just a bit behind the eight ball and I’m starting to make that up right now.”

Only been gymming for three years and still growing. Exciting.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Rumours Matt To'omua asked for an immediate release from Leicester but was refused. So he'll have to wait until their season from hell is over before turning up in Melbourne.

Reactions: dru

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Some pretty brutal assessments of how MT is going out on the social medias at the moment

Screenshot_20190410-072710~2.png

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Being a Walllaby no longer makes you world class eh.

Had heard he was doing very well last season though. Something must be up.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Leicester is Leicester. Any other club and they'd have figured out long ago that something more serious was wrong that couldn't be covered up with a new coach or marquee player. Might be nice to see them relegated. Might be nicer to see them stuck in the bottom 3 or 4 for a few years instead though, as I can't foresee a situation where that happens without a scramble for 14 teams and ring fencing.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
As funny as it would be to see Leicester relegated, we should all be cheering them on as the quicker they get points to safety the quicker To'omua can likely be released to return.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Mees Erasmus playing for Bond today in QPR, was he released? Always thought when i saw him at the Force that he would have a big future.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Mees Erasmus playing for Bond today in QPR, was he released? Always thought when i saw him at the Force that he would have a big future.
There has been a few rebels players that have been involved in SS and I guess now QPR as the season in Melb hasn’t started yet. Be interesting to see if they stay there.

Status
Not open for further replies.