• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Anyone know whats happening with the fringe Rebels players like Sione Tuipulotu etc. doesn't appear in any Dewar teams sheets, same as Uelese (although i do see his younger brother is named for Uni). I thought they said he would play club rugby this week? It appears some of the extended squad members are playing in the Shute Shield is this going to be similar for these guys? Happy for it to be the case if it is, the better the competition they play the more prepared they will be to make the jump when needed

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He should see out his contract - happy to sign it at the time and take the money so he should stick with it and perform for his team until the end.

He's a very highly paid player. It might also suit the Tigers to release him early because they won't have to pay him.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Anyone know whats happening with the fringe Rebels players like Sione Tuipulotu etc. doesn't appear in any Dewar teams sheets, same as Uelese (although i do see his younger brother is named for Uni). I thought they said he would play club rugby this week? It appears some of the extended squad members are playing in the Shute Shield is this going to be similar for these guys? Happy for it to be the case if it is, the better the competition they play the more prepared they will be to make the jump when needed

I haven't seen any reserves names. Could they be on the pine?

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Jordan Uelese didn't end up playing club rugby last weekend. He will resume in club rugby this weekend with the aim of playing 40 to 50 minutes according to Nick Ryan (Rebels director of rugby) in Herald Sun. Adam Coleman may miss another week too.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
A couple of things to note

The rebels have agreed to sign a pledge to say no to any sports betting sponsorship. Kudos to the club for this

Jordan Uelese’s younger brother (Junior) has returned to Australia after finishing his last couple of years at school, he’s been involved with the club in a training capacity of late. Maybe a sign of things to come? For the record he’s a prop. He’s started for Melb Uni 1st this season. I have no idea about his ability sorry

USA international Tony Lamborn has been involved with the squad lately as injury cover. Has a few appearances for the Hurricanes a few years ago to his resume. Not sure if it’s anything more than training involvements planned for him

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
If we're as down on non front row forwards as we appear to be (if Esei and Trevor are home it might be less of an issue?) any cover is good cover

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yeh, he’s an experienced pro as well, so training wise you know he’s going to bring the required intensity and able to probably offer feedback.

I can’t remember his name, but a former NZ7s guy has been with the squad lately, but already left.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
The Billy and Philly show (Billy Meakes and Matt Philip) on 1116 SEN AM radio at 9:30 (so about 6 minutes).

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Any credit to a rumor that Quade and Curtis Scott (Melbourne Storm) had a physical confrontation at some sort of fan event down in Melbourne during the week? Have heard it from a few sources but it sounds like bs to me, as it supposedly took place in public, so I would expect photos to be taken/released.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Phil are you Melbourne based? Where'd you hear it from?

Storm and rebels players, bar the Coopers and Smiths, are pretty anonymous down here. It would have had to have been a major bust up for it to get news play

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
No, Brisbane based, heard it from a few Queensland Cup boys who are with the Storm now.

Was there even a joint fan event between the Rebels and Storm? Sounds odd to me. Just wanted to see if anyone in Melbourne had heard about it, if there is smoke from a few sources there is usually fire and considering what has allegedly happened it would be a pretty big deal if true.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
As both the Storm and Rebels get heaps of coverage from the Herald Sun, I haven't seen any joint events over the last few weeks. Let alone, anything that involves Quade and Curtis.

If it was a fan event, i don't think Quade was involved in any official capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.