• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2021

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
SEN has given the Rebels a weekly 30min radio program each week.

First episode of Rebels Radio

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=809304

The Billy and Philly show was decent a few years back hopefully this adds a little more

Wasn't incredible. Hopefully steps up a bit, very very very dumbed down for Melbournians. First question out of the blocks was, "what AFL team do you support?" Probably not the reason I'm listening to a rugby podcast.

Also they have a segment where they explain difficult rugby concepts, I was excited because I thought what a great idea, rugby is pretty nuanced. Today's topic was "what is a lineout". Kemney, whilst sounding like a good bloke, played his cards pretty close to his chest.

Only thing I thought was interesting is that Orr/Kemney clearly rate their lineout behind the Reds & the Brumbies.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wasn't incredible. Hopefully steps up a bit, very very very dumbed down for Melbournians. First question out of the blocks was, "what AFL team do you support?" Probably not the reason I'm listening to a rugby podcast.

Also they have a segment where they explain difficult rugby concepts, I was excited because I thought what a great idea, rugby is pretty nuanced. Today's topic was "what is a lineout". Kemney, whilst sounding like a good bloke, played his cards pretty close to his chest.

Only thing I thought was interesting is that Orr/Kemney clearly rate their lineout behind the Reds & the Brumbies.
A show aimed at getting more people interested in the Rebels isn’t going to be a show enjoyed by those who are Rebels fans

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
finally got to watch the Rebs train this morning, first time this year. the "non matchday 23" (ie the leftovers) trained and then the captains run. my main observation is they seem a very happy bunch of campers, second, most of the "injured" were in full training so that augurs well for the second half of the year.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Naisarani, Orr, Magnay, Wilkin all training. Only two not in the group proper, a prop van Nek ? pushing on the scrum sled and someone I couldn’t tell who, Vudogo ? doing run throughs.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Wouldn't be the worst idea to throw a bit of the Marika money at Isaac Lucas. Talented bloke in a weak position of Rebs and Wallabies. Wonder if he's welcome back at the Reds.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wouldn't be the worst idea to throw a bit of the Marika money at Isaac Lucas. Talented bloke in a weak position of Rebs and Wallabies. Wonder if he's welcome back at the Reds.
Marika money will go to Philip and new contracts to players who would be on some lower deals to upgrade because they have only come of age in the last 12 months (Fa’amasuili, Hosea).

Be more what happens to DHP if we are in the market with some meaningful cash or if Philip has a change of heart and goes to the Tahs

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Marika money will go to Philip and new contracts to players who would be on some lower deals to upgrade because they have only come of age in the last 12 months (Fa’amasuili, Hosea).

Be more what happens to DHP if we are in the market with some meaningful cash or if Philip has a change of heart and goes to the Tahs

Spot on

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
Surely Wessells is under some pressure. Rebels always have a solid squad, they are just so underwhelming when they cross the white line.