• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2021

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
Yes, and Uelese, Pone and Eloff.

Whilst we're at it, bring back Paisami

I'd much rather invest in keeping Hosea then signing a center who can't pass. Had one of them for years and it does not work. Did not work when he was at the Reds either even of he was there best attacking option.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Doubt you'll be seeing Paisami whilst Wessels is anywhere near the coaching box....

Agree, Paisami should stay in Queensland. Not sure if you would trust him with his inner circle down here, he had a few off field issues before he was let go. The last one was quite serious.

More chance at snagging Samu

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Agree, Paisami should stay in Queensland. Not sure if you would trust him with his inner circle down here, he had a few off field issues before he was let go. The last one was quite serious.

Saw on insta he was back at moorabbin last weekend as well, He is 29 though & Isi is only 26 makes more sense to keep Isi & keep hunting for a young one coming through. Wells isnt doing half a bad job filling in very sure defensively just not destructive with ball in hand like Isi/Samu/Wilson

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Just be thankful at least RA held firm and did not give a early release and so have him for this season. Irony is compare with top league players Marika on low money as top league players are actually earning $1m a season (at least I think there is a couple in this bracket or at least close to this)

Wingers in league aren't particularly well paid, that's why they're happy to come across to union for a bigger payday. It's usually just the players in the 'spine' that are getting top dollar in league.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Wingers in league aren't particularly well paid, that's why they're happy to come across to union for a bigger payday. It's usually just the players in the 'spine' that are getting top dollar in league.

I think he means "japan top league" not top rugby league players, ie Barrett/Hooper & previously Carter/Giteau

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Samu? Pete Samu or Samu Kerevi?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

yeah....THAT'S the reason Paisami should / would stay in QLD.......

Reactions: dru

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Don't want to be the bearer of bad news. There is a positive COVID-19 test in Qld and with Victoria bringing in self-isolation and COVID-19 testing for people arriving in Victoria from Brisbane. Does that raise potential issue with next Saturday's match v Reds going ahead at AAMI (and Storm v Broncos NRL game on Friday night)? I hope not.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Don't want to be the bearer of bad news. There is a positive COVID-19 test in Qld and with Victoria bringing in self-isolation and COVID-19 testing for people arriving in Victoria from Brisbane. Does that raise potential issue with next Saturday's match v Reds going ahead at AAMI (and Storm v Broncos NRL game on Friday night)? I hope not.

Hopefully not with NRL in the same boat.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

If the brisbane lions can get an exemption then the reds should, even if it is fly in fly out

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Make the reds fly in morning of the game and first plane out. That’s how they treated us, but it is a worry the lions have been mentioned but they had already landed in Vic and passed covid tests before the announcements were made. So maybe they will let the reds in.

If not the reds can stay in NSW and then swap the weeks of their byes with the force so they have done their 14 days by the time it gets to the Melbourne game.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
If the brisbane lions can get an exemption then the reds should, even if it is fly in fly out

I think they were already here.

For the Reds I think they can come in, but need to isolate until they get a negative test result. They'd be well advised to head here tomorrow and get themselves cleared under that arrangement in case things worsen.

"Update: Queensland Travel Permit Zone
The Queensland Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Brisbane and Moreton Bay have been designated an orange zone under Victoria’s ‘traffic light’ travel permit system.

People entering Victoria from an orange zone (excluding people who have only passed through an orange zone during transit to the airport) must apply for an orange zone permit.

You cannot obtain an orange zone permit if you have COVID-19 symptoms. On arrival in Victoria, orange zone permit holders must immediately self-isolate, get a coronavirus test within 72 hours of arriving, and stay isolated until a negative result is received."