• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2021

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Good yarn in The Aus about Jeral Skelton playing in the centres moving forward...

What was the crowd like on Friday?

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
I'd like to see Isi in there for some go forward - wowsers we have an abundance of riches in the back row.

If we get Skelton on the park in the Centres, it will give us another dimension

I’m happy for Wilkin to earn his spot back from Kemney. But Kemney, Wilkin & Hardwick are some hardened, abrasive players.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'd like to see Isi in there for some go forward - wowsers we have an abundance of riches in the back row.

If we get Skelton on the park in the Centres, it will give us another dimension
I’d love to see Skelton given an NRC season at 13 (obviously not going to happen as there is no NRC). Needs some game time in the role at a high level

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I’d love to see Skelton given an NRC season at 13 (obviously not going to happen as there is no NRC). Needs some game time in the role at a high level

Wessels was quoted as saying he has the traits of an inside centre, I say just imagine him hitting the fringes in the 13 channel.

Speaking of 13's wonder how much money we have in the cap should we be chasing Kerevi for 2022? Chieka said on the stan show saturday night that all it would cost you is his plane ticket! I reckon he would look good in the navy blue/pink

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
With 75% capacity this makes no sense, just lets members use there normal passes. Not going to get 20k on Easter weekend anyway.
Agree, apparently to get reserved seating they would have to wait until next week to open the process which would be too late. Even then, I am told we will still need to redeem for the Force and Brumbies games but they will be reserved seating.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Agree, apparently to get reserved seating they would have to wait until next week to open the process which would be too late. Even then, I am told we will still need to redeem for the Force and Brumbies games but they will be reserved seating.

At 75%, there may be reserved seating but I would be guessing that because of social distancing that if you have a reserved seat it may not be your normal reserved seat.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Well RA is resigned to loosing Marika off to panasonic for $1m a season can work out who its going to hurt more us or the wallabies

Much bigger loss to the Rebels. He's close to our best every game. Great if it's just a sabbatical, he's not too old and must've been in Melbourne for 7 years now, so got his roots down.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Much bigger loss to the Rebels. He's close to our best every game. Great if it's just a sabbatical, he's not too old and must've been in Melbourne for 7 years now, so got his roots down.

Looks like its 3 yr $3m offer ruling him out of the next RWC. Hard to knock back that money. He'd be getting a RA top up prob not that much from us. I'd love Kerevi but with the amount of money Top14 club put into locks maybe use any spare cap money to extend Hosea

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I'd much rather invest in keeping Hosea then signing a center who can't pass. Had one of them for years and it does not work. Did not work when he was at the Reds either even of he was there best attacking option.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
H
Looks like its 3 yr $3m offer ruling him out of the next RWC. Hard to knock back that money. He'd be getting a RA top up prob not that much from us. I'd love Kerevi but with the amount of money Top14 club put into locks maybe use any spare cap money to extend Hosea
There actually is the new rule brought in last year for covid which still in play where can bring in two players from overseas who are under 60 caps. Not used last season but is available for Rennie. At this point for RWC if this rule still in place and Koriobete still the player he is today then would make sense to include him under this two players can select from overseas.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well RA is resigned to loosing Marika off to panasonic for $1m a season can work out who its going to hurt more us or the wallabies
Just be thankful at least RA held firm and did not give a early release and so have him for this season. Irony is compare with top league players Marika on low money as top league players are actually earning $1m a season (at least I think there is a couple in this bracket or at least close to this)