• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2021

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Kailea has had some amazing exposure that will hopefully lead to more games in the future but Gibbon will dramatically improve the scrum off the bench. Every team has managed to capitalize off bench scrummaging, it’s been a major reason why we lost 2 games and almost lost a 3rd

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
I'm sure I heard some where that Matt Phillip is committed to return back the 'Burn when he finished his French sojourn? Perhaps in a Wayne Smith article?

It has been in several articles that Phillip is going back to the rebels and was expected to sign on to the world cup.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I'm not too fussed about Rodda going elsewhere - the reasons for leaving the Reds leave a sour taste

I think there is more to the story than he was just being greedy, he has essentially done what was offered to all wallabies a reduced contract with a yr in france or japan. There must have been something with Thorn or the reds however I am purely speculating

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
With Philip probably coming back the money that it would cost to sign Rodda can be better spent elsewhere.

With DHP a potential issue and out of contract, Koroibete potentially going there could be a lot of cap space available for players. You could legit sign a player like Kerevi on good coin and push Hodge to 15.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
CFS has surely got to be one of the fizzers of the last few years. Maybe unfair to lop big expectations on young shoulders, but he never delivered on the hype

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
CFS has surely got to be one of the fizzers of the last few years. Maybe unfair to lop big expectations on young shoulders, but he never delivered on the hype
I disagree cfs very good I thought on last season but been hampered by injuries. He would be a great pick up imo for say the rebels, tahs or force

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Injuries are a bastard hey. But still, he's ended up a bit of a mid-pack player when the hype had him as the next big thing

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
So any updates on injuries and timeframes for these players returning?

Jordy, Gibbon & Leota named for this week (Leota only missed last week because he returned to melbourne straight after the brumbies game for a wedding & wasnt allowed into wa)

Orr said on radio y day 3 weeks away, everyone else no idea