• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2021

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
New Rebels partner Harvey Norman on front of jersey tonight.
Screenshot_20210319-175422_Facebook.jpg

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Kinda taking the piss kinda not in saying this is what happens when you have 3 scrum half's on the pitch at the same time, they absolutely bomb a try to get bonus point & let 2 tries in.

Pretty impressive defensive performance for 72 min & so good to see Jordy grab a meat pie you could see how much it means to him back at home playing in front of his family.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
I know I always ask but does anyone know of any injury updates. We really fell away on field when we emptied the bench so hopefully we can get a few back

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I know I always ask but does anyone know of any injury updates. We really fell away on field when we emptied the bench so hopefully we can get a few back

Orr - Hamstring (week 7/8 according to him)
Haylett-Penny - Concussion (no time line)

Skelton - Lower leg injury (Very close according to Wessels press conference)
Naisarani - Surgery recovery (Very close according to Wessels press conference)
Magney - Lower body injury (Very close according to Wessels press conference)
Holland - ????? (Very close according to Wessels press conference)
Wilkin - Shoulder (Thought was last week according to Wessels press conference after the force game)
Van Nek - Hamstring (week 8-10 at a guess)
Aedo Kailea - Shoulder (zero idea)

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Orr - Hamstring (week 7/8 according to him)
Haylett-Penny - Concussion (no time line)

Skelton - Lower leg injury (Very close according to Wessels press conference)
Naisarani - Surgery recovery (Very close according to Wessels press conference)
Magney - Lower body injury (Very close according to Wessels press conference)
Holland - ????? (Very close according to Wessels press conference)
Wilkin - Shoulder (Thought was last week according to Wessels press conference after the force game)
Van Nek - Hamstring (week 8-10 at a guess)
Aedo Kailea - Shoulder (zero idea)
Thank you, hopefully get a few back after the bye

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Thank you, hopefully get a few back after the bye
Hard to see any of those returning players finding it easy to break into the 23 given how current crop of players performing.

Naisarani probably pushing wells to the bench despite one of better performers

Wilkin possibly pushing for bench spot and maybe magnay as well. Rest not sure a spot for them.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Hard to see any of those returning players finding it easy to break into the 23 given how current crop of players performing.

Naisarani probably pushing wells to the bench despite one of better performers

Wilkin possibly pushing for bench spot and maybe magnay as well. Rest not sure a spot for them.
Magnay will get a bench spot so we don’t end up running 3 halfbacks off the bench.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Magnay will get a bench spot so we don’t end up running 3 halfbacks off the bench.
Actually you are right as just revisited bench for last game as had yes two half backs plus glen vahui (don’t know much about him but Melbourne born and plays centre / wing. So probably spot for both Magnay and another back (not sure if Skelton and Holland play in backs and would be better then glen)

DHP would of course get bench spot minimum or switch with pincus with latter on bench but i am starting to wonder whether won’t see DHP this season.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Actually you are right as just revisited bench for last game as had yes two half backs plus glen vahui (don’t know much about him but Melbourne born and plays centre / wing. So probably spot for both Magnay and another back (not sure if Skelton and Holland play in backs and would be better then glen)

Holland was kitted up. Must have been 24th or 25th man

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The upside to our injury list has been our depth has grown a lot as a result. I must admit I was worried at the start when I saw our first team sheet but have been plesently surprised. Ili, Anderson and Picus have shown a lot of improve over the first part of the season. I really think this is a well-coached team with (most) everyone buying into the program. I hope there are more Burn Boyz being brought through the Rebels system as this seems to be working well for us and has been noticed outside of Victoria as well.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i can see Naisarani, Orr, Wilkin, Magnay all returning to the 23, RHP when he finishes his stint in the naughty chair. Skelton may get time to ease workload of back row, DHP if (really big IF) he's fit.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

DHP would of course get bench spot minimum or switch with pincus with latter on bench but i am starting to wonder whether won’t see DHP this season.

fwds
You would think that Cameron Orr would fit into the 23 most likely at 17, Wilkin at 6 & Isi at 8 leaving Wells/Kemeny/Leota to fight it out for the 20 jersey. RHP would prob just replace Nowlan

Backs
They seem determined to give Skelton a crack & In the Australian its been reported that he has moved from the back row to inside centre. Magney would fit in as well