• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2021

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Out of interest, do you know how the numbers are faring for Dewar Shield?

Not sure for Seniors, but I beleive there are more participating teams in the juniors. For example, 9 teams in U14 (was 10, but Endeavour Hills puulled their team). U16 has big numbers - EH have 2 teams running.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Do any other of the aps schools (including Marcellin & Trinity) other than St Kevin's offer scholarships for Rugby? Last I heard Xavier still don't for aussie rules even.

Fairly sure MGS do. Someone pointed out a U16 player who is on a scholarship (can't verify). THey've got strong links to Melbourne, so no doubt they will keep their eyes peeledfor talent.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Club Statement:

Following advice from SANZAAR, the Melbourne Rebels will fly to Sydney this evening and will base themselves there for the next couple of days.

The plan is to then travel to New Zealand on Saturday to play in Queenstown on Sunday as scheduled.

As always our actions will be guided by Government and health authorities with the safety and wellbeing of our players and the wider community at the forefront of any decision we make.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Not sure for Seniors, but I beleive there are more participating teams in the juniors. For example, 9 teams in U14 (was 10, but Endeavour Hills puulled their team). U16 has big numbers - EH have 2 teams running.
Is that just this year or a recurring trend over the last few.

I ask because I've seen numbers down in my kids sports (netball and soccer) this year too,and they are supposed to be sports that have had growth in recent history.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Is that just this year or a recurring trend over the last few.

I ask because I've seen numbers down in my kids sports (netball and soccer) this year too,and they are supposed to be sports that have had growth in recent history.

Depends on the sport, talking to some friends who's kids are playing hockey and all clubs are struggling as they can't field mixed U12, U14, U16 teams anymore. Have to have separate boys and girls teams as Hockey Vic want the government grants for having girls only sports.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
DHP cut a forlorn figure having a kick of the football at Gosch's paddock this morning as i went past in the drizzle on my morning shuffle. he is still hoping to make a return to active duty, but fate not decided as yet. his and the teams main concern (other than the obvious life on the road yet again !) is the coaching deficit, two to do the job of five, which i found interesting.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Really! It's a great place for a game of rugby. Get out there Sydney rugby fans and enjoy!

I was on my way to go & get to the boarder before midnight tonight only to find out that my work is still open & I have to work during lockdown 27 or what ever number we are at lol