• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2021

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
That would seem pretty draconian considering how low the community transmission numbers have been across Australia.

The cricket is moving about fine

Cricketers are currently confined to their hotel rooms except when they go to train and play.

Having done hotel quarantine myself, I would 100% rather relocate interstate and be allowed to go out in the public rather then be confined to a hotel room for weeks.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
And they have moved all BBL matches out of Sydney due to border crossing complications (easy to get in, not easy to get out)

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
That's why it makes more sense for NSW to relocate, rather than the Brums/QLD/Rebs relocating.

Either way, I think the Force will need to relocate, given they have a hard border in place.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Anyone know who Aston ..... is? Referenced in the vid with Steve Cummins as a Rebels training partner in Wagga

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Anyone know who Aston ... is? Referenced in the vid with Steve Cummins as a Rebels training partner in Wagga
Aston Vaiotu, been training with the squad. Not sure if it’s perm or just providing training number because there is a bunch of guys that still haven’t joined the squad. Cabous Eloff for example is still stuck in SA

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yeah A-League has already rescheduled something like 35 games due to COVID border restrictions, some teams will be playing 2 games a week to make up for the missed games. Rugby doesn’t have that luxury, you can’t play multiple games a week in a contact sport.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Change to Brisbane restrictions today & change to nsw tomorrow apparently. Prob will have to fly in fly out of week one & pass a covid test when after landing back in melb. I would assume the same with the brumbies week 2 with playing us. Im more worried about SRTT. My early prediction it will go ahead all in Australia with possibly a 2nd magic round.

On another note cabous eloff on his socials looks to be back in south africa, if so dont like his chance of getting back in the country let alone for week one lol

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Have we finalised our squad? CFS hasn't re-signed with the Reds. Would be a great pick up for us if someone hasn't already.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
5 guys only managed to start with the team today because of NSW border issues

I wonder how they let that happen, because of course they probably knew they would need to lock down wouldnt you have planned to get them back early so that you could all start training together. I know its hard when people want holidays, but I haven't been back home since Covid started.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I wonder how they let that happen, because of course they probably knew they would need to lock down wouldnt you have planned to get them back early so that you could all start training together. I know its hard when people want holidays, but I haven't been back home since Covid started.
they moved them out of Sydney a while ago but couldn't get a permit to let them into Vic from Wagga. I wonder if any of the OS players will get VISA's to come and play Super Rugby this year, have any of the Argentinians arrived at the Force or Tahs yet ?

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
In the border mail today, a trial in Albury against the brumbies has been set. Dont know what date i'm not signing up to a Border Mail subscription just to read the article lol